event

Katy,Xtina + More push for anti-piracy law reforms

Serendipity

Featured Posts

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River

Pay me all gaga's money and I will not even pirate kooty pooty music.. ew.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Music should always be free as anyone can record it from a ratio station or get a copy from a friends bought CD.. if you cant use your music to get money like going on a tour, you shouldnt be an artist in the first place. You dont need to have billions.

TropicOfCANCER

Agree with this. Music takes money to make/market and this isn't about just paying the singer, but the producers and musicians involved.

dannydevito

inb4 katy does a song like bad blood but instead of taylor she has bad blood with the copyright :neyde:

venusfly
50 minutes ago, Jed said:

I'm sorry I know Katy isn't obligated to speak about Kesha but this irks me. Now she's raising her voice? This is worth advocating for but when a girl you've been friends with accuses a guy you work with of rape you sit back and let other people deal with it? Girl get your priorities in line.

thats not even relevant to the thread and we dont know what consequences it could have on her if she speaks out against her main producer :awkney:

LUO YI

And if Ladey Gags did it I would be angry... sorry.

I bought every album, but I first listened to them.

:emma:

The night sky tells all

LaLuna

I only purchase the music of artists I admire and respect, and that does not include Katy and Xtina.

Those two can go back to their big houses and cry in their piles of money they're not getting anything from me.

13 minutes ago, LG said:

thats not even relevant to the thread and we dont know what consequences it could have on her if she speaks out against her main producer :awkney:

But Gaga doing what Gaga did kinda puts off any future deals or contracts she would have with Sony, a huge company. We now know she is capable of using her voice for issues, I really think she should have used it when Kesha needed it the most. But of course that's just how I feel about it.

Jenniferella

Of course you guys are against the idea since Katy Perry is talking about it. Watch yourself saying the exact opposite if it was Gaga of some other girl that isn't a threat to Gaga.

Now we have streaming everywhere, downloading illegaly should be cared about a lot more I think.

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

giskardsb
1 hour ago, Evan Peters said:

there's more to worry about than people dling multi-millionaire's albums illegally lol

The vast majority of musicians harmed by piracy are nowhere near millionaires. Piracy is killing lower tier musicians ability to make a living. 

Whispering
16 minutes ago, DevilHeart said:

Of course you guys are against the idea since Katy Perry is talking about it. Watch yourself saying the exact opposite if it was Gaga of some other girl that isn't a threat to Gaga.

Now we have streaming everywhere, downloading illegaly should be cared about a lot more I think.

BS. People are against the idea everytime it comes up here. There were pages and pages of negative comments when Swift was making the same point months ago. So, it's not just Katy that people disagree with on this issue. 

The Katy Cats victim complex is predictable in every thread here that mentions her. The exact same handful of people say the same thing everytime. 

StrawberryBlond

As always, it's the millionaires who are shouting the loudest. The artists who have several houses, several cars, yacht, private jet, designer gear, the latest gadgets, world vacations...and they still want more. In the words of Gaga, "How much money do these people really need?" Notice how the poorer artists don't really speak up? Because they appreciate any support of their music, even if they're not always getting top dollar for it. They know their stuff being out there for free can be one of the best forms of promo. They're the ones who illegal downloading harms and yet they just get on with it. But the ones who have more money than they'll ever spend in a lifetime are the ones kicking up a fuss. They can't afford a gold plated swimming pool, it'll have to be a regular one. Cry me a freakin' river.

17 minutes ago, DevilHeart said:

Well, Gaga wouldn't because she's said before that it doesn't bother her, but I'd say the same thing no matter who said it. I have no time for greedy, complaining millionaires. Thankfully, most other people don't either, which is why the majority of these big ideas don't go anywhere.

Archived