Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Who is the biggest pop star in the world?

SamJ

Biggest pop star in the world at the moment.  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the biggest pop star in the world in your opinion?

• Ariana Grande
    • Justin Bieber
    • Taylor Swift
    • Rihanna
    • Lady Gaga
    • Meghan Trainor
    • Adele
    • Beyonce
    • Katy Perry
    • Britney Spears

Featured Posts

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it hard to believe so many people think adele to be the biggest star she has only had one big hit in half a decade no one seems to ever mention her here i never really hear her on the radio any more. 

Bebe

I don't know... These things change all the time and it means very little imo :shrug:

What standards are we even going by? The problem with these discussions is everyone has a different standard.

Highest single sales atm? Better album sales atm? More ticket sales atm?
More selling power in general? The most impactful artist? The artist with best name recognition? The artist with the most 'iconic' hits/ performances/ fashion statements?

For what it's worth, I think that future artists will cite Gaga as a huge influence on them. But I also think Beyonce, Rihanna and Nicki will have a similar reception in the future. Other big names on the list might also be listed as big inspirations for people...

I think Madonna is probably the biggest pop star in the world. Is she the current it girl? No... But hey, MJ wasn't a very popular man after his sex abuse scandals, and artists like Eminem where selling more albums than him. MJ was still the biggest icon and biggest male popstar though.

Madonna has had a career spanning over 30 years, is an iconic artist, has many iconic hits and moments and has inspired every girl on that list (even Adele cited ROL as an inspiration for her post-baby album 25).

To me that makes her the biggest popstar in the world,  but others will come at me with receipts of Rebel Heart's album sales or post a gif of her riding a tricycle dressed as a clown and argue that because she isn't the IT girl of the moment she can't be the world's biggest popstar.

Would anyone here claim 5 Seconds of Summer is the biggest rock band in the world right now though? They are named as a rock band, had a couple hit songs, got a cheeky/controversial Rolling Stone cover and have a pretty devoted fanbase.

soundwave

I voted Adele but on second thought she isn't really a celebrity in the same way the others are. Probably Taylor Swift is. Hopefully Gaga is once her next record is released. She needs to reclaim her throne!!

7 minutes ago, Bebe said:

I don't know... These things change all the time and it means very little imo :shrug:

What standards are we even going by? The problem with these discussions is everyone has a different standard.

Highest single sales atm? Better album sales atm? More ticket sales atm?
More selling power in general? The most impactful artist? The artist with best name recognition? The artist with the most 'iconic' hits/ performances/ fashion statements?

For what it's worth, I think that future artists will cite Gaga as a huge influence on them. But I also think Beyonce, Rihanna and Nicki will have a similar reception in the future. Other big names on the list might also be listed as big inspirations for people...

I think Madonna is probably the biggest pop star in the world. Is she the current it girl? No... But hey, MJ wasn't a very popular man after his sex abuse scandals, and artists like Eminem where selling more albums than him. MJ was still the biggest icon and biggest male popstar though.

Madonna has had a career spanning over 30 years, is an iconic artist, has many iconic hits and moments and has inspired every girl on that list (even Adele cited ROL as an inspiration for her post-baby album 25).

To me that makes her the biggest popstar in the world,  but others will come at me with receipts of Rebel Heart's album sales or post a gif of her riding a tricycle dressed as a clown and argue that because she isn't the IT girl of the moment she can't be the world's biggest popstar.

Would anyone here claim 5 Seconds of Summer is the biggest rock band in the world right now though? They are named as a rock band, had a couple hit songs, got a cheeky/controversial Rolling Stones cover and have a pretty devoted fanbase.

I mean who is the biggest pop star at the moment so who is currently having the biggest cultural impacts with their new material in recent years who is the most popular go to pop star that you hear everyone talking about at the moment because of their recent activities. Its not really to do with chart sales its more to do with how the general public views them and how much of an impact they are having.

Bebe
Just now, UK Monster said:

I mean who is the biggest pop star at the moment so who is currently having the biggest cultural impacts with their new material in recent years who is the most popular go to pop star that you hear everyone talking about at the moment because of their recent activities. Its not really to do with chart sales its more to do with how the general public views them and how much of an impact they are having.

Cultural impact is hard to determine, but the most popular popstar I hear at the moment is Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Justin Bieber or Adele. Those who have recent releases and/or are touring.

I mean, that's why I don't see much point in these things. Katy hasn't done very much in a while, for example, but I'm sure when she releases her next album she will be talked about plenty. A lot of it is just "Who has released a popular song recently?"  

Brooke Candy

The only correct answer is Lady Gaga.

If u have another answer you cant call yourself a Gaga fan.

buy 'Paper or Plastic' by Brooke candy on iTunes NOW!!

Bleachella
29 minutes ago, MANiKIWI said:

Unlike pretty much all other pop stars today, Gaga's name is universal. EVERYONE knows who she is. The same cannot be said for the others on that list (except maybe Britney)

Are we living in the same universe? Last I checked Adele is on the list :neyde:

SlayGagaloo

I would say Taylor Swift (and Rihanna)

Oh my god. Ofcourse it's not Gaga. Also I don't feel she belongs to this basic list  anymore (except for Adele and bee) if people want her to make trash like WORK to top the charts for weeks, then no thanks. 

Over.

Mister Gaga

Gaga needs to release new music first. I'd tove to vote for her, but it would be unfair.

Right now? Rihanna. Work is everywhere.

Zsolti

The legendary miss Britney Spears

tumblr_m7b5ugc2no1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

Archived