Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Official 'Joanne' Discussion Thread

The Surrealist

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, Sycamore said:

Let the music speak for itself. Most critics didn't study music theory, it's just their opinion on how they think it sounds and if it's really bad they are judging Gaga's music based on her image.

Yeah sure but that will affect other people and they might not buy it. Metacritic is actually super important, at least in my experience with video games.

It's an album that deserves to be listened by many and I'm not here for bitter people trying to ruin its image.

it wasn't laaaahv

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of reviews I was with GP folks. Joanne came up and it seems like so many people think that it's an alright album... Like I've asked others too and they're liking it.

When I told these specific guys that Joanne is receiving unfair reviews they said that that's ****ed up and that it's really sad because this album is actually really good, it feels super authentic (apparently they can feel Gags through the music/lyrics :smh:) and it shows true artistry. :emma:

Like the dramatic homosensual I am I felt the need to bring up Lemonade and told them that got high reviews, and what's the difference between it and Joanne (both are personal albums with a variety of genres). They said that "it's just Beyonce and she's overrated as per usual". I almost died there. :air:

it wasn't laaaahv

from the snippets i expected to hate the entire album tbh but it definitely caught me by surprise. it's actually GOOD and SOLID.

Diamond Heart (8/10)

a personal yet motivational song. starts out soft them bam you're in a middle of a rock frenzy. cool. the bridge and pre-chorus is also super powerful.

A-Yo (8/10)

bop bop bop

Joanne (7/10)

nice message and lyrics. but way too slow and mushy(?) for my taste.

John Wayne (10/10)

LIVING for this song. in-charge gaga at her best. from the beginning it builds up perfectly til the chorus. very ARTPOP vocal but it works (don't even like ARTPOP)

Dancin in Circles (8/10)

very The Fame/Monster ish persona and flow. cute throwback sound but instrumental is a bit too weak

Sinner's Prayer (9/10)

again, great lyrics. instrumental is simple yet supports the song perfectly. just hope there's more to it.

Come To Mama (7/10)

cute but way too cheesy. great for car listening tho. the ad-libs makes the song. hope she puts more of it.

Hey Girl (8/10)

reminds me of a current bruno song production wise, but the slow version. again, too slow for my taste, but it works fine. great for listening at night with some wine i supposed :giggle:

Angel Down (5/19)

def. a speechless 2.0 with quieter instrumental. not a fan of this song that much. too slow but what's makes it disappointing is there's no catchynes/hook whatsoever to it. but hey i'll give the girl one super ballad track on an album.

NIghtmareElm

Diamond Heart: 8/10 One of her best openers ever. Possibly the best since The Fame Monster. 

A-YO: 6/10 Blends well with the album but nothing I could listen to alone. Sounds like a country rehash of MANiCURE, which I hated. This is better though. 

Joanne: 7/10. Really enjoyable but a little boring.  

John Wayne: 8/10. Strong and intense vocals. Production sounds raw and energetic. 

Dancing In Circles: 10/10 Best song on the album. One of my favorite pop songs of the year. Already in my top 10 favorite Gaga songs. This should of been the lead single. 

Perfect Illusion: 7.5/10 Great song and goes well with the album. Not a wise choice for a single though. 

Million Reasons: 8/10 Great chorus and awesome strong vocals. Slightly catchy ballad. Can't wait to hear this live at the tour. 

Sinner's Prayer: 10/10 Sounds like something from a Tarantino film. Love the way she sings this and how it blends it with the western style instrumentals.  

Come To Mama: 9/10 VERY underrated. Feels like The Queen of this album. Overlooked. Classic style Gaga. 

Hey Girl: 6/10. Sounds way too much like Bennie and the Jets. Both artists do a job at making the song work but it's so repetitive.  

Angel Down: 9.5/10 Her best ballad since You and I. One of her most emotional songs ever.  

Grigio Girls: 8/10. Sounds amazing. Sounds a little like something from The Fame. Her vocals are amazing. The most country sounding song but more old school country. 

Just Another Day: 7.5/10 Not bad all. It's easy to tell this is a deluxe track. Sounds like a really old song I've heard before.  

Angel Down (Work Tape): 9/10 I actually like the finalized version better.  

1 hour ago, DeathEater said:

Diamond Heart: 8/10 One of her best openers ever. Possibly the best since The Fame Monster. 

A-YO: 6/10 Blends well with the album but nothing I could listen to alone. Sounds like a country rehash of MANiCURE, which I hated. This is better though. 

Joanne: 7/10. Really enjoyable but a little boring.  

John Wayne: 8/10. Strong and intense vocals. Production sounds raw and energetic. 

Dancing In Circles: 10/10 Best song on the album. One of my favorite pop songs of the year. Already in my top 10 favorite Gaga songs. This should of been the lead single. 

Perfect Illusion: 7.5/10 Great song and goes well with the album. Not a wise choice for a single though. 

Million Reasons: 8/10 Great chorus and awesome strong vocals. Slightly catchy ballad. Can't wait to hear this live at the tour. 

Sinner's Prayer: 10/10 Sounds like something from a Tarantino film. Love the way she sings this and how it blends it with the western style instrumentals.  

Come To Mama: 9/10 VERY underrated. Feels like The Queen of this album. Overlooked. Classic style Gaga. 

Hey Girl: 6/10. Sounds way too much like Bennie and the Jets. Both artists do a job at making the song work but it's so repetitive.  

Angel Down: 9.5/10 Her best ballad since You and I. One of her most emotional songs ever.  

Grigio Girls: 8/10. Sounds amazing. Sounds a little like something from The Fame. Her vocals are amazing. The most country sounding song but more old school country. 

Just Another Day: 7.5/10 Not bad all. It's easy to tell this is a deluxe track. Sounds like a really old song I've heard before.  

Angel Down (Work Tape): 9/10 I actually like the finalized version better.  

How can you say Grigio girls is the most country??? Id say it's one of the more pop tunes and the least country! Sinners prayer is up there with the most country  instruments and sound.

grigio girls should have not Just been a delux it's in the top 3 songs on there!

NIghtmareElm
12 minutes ago, macca said:

How can you say Grigio girls is the most country??? Id say it's one of the more pop tunes and the least country! Sinners prayer is up there with the most country  instruments and sound.

grigio girls should have not Just been a delux it's in the top 3 songs on there!

stop quoting me.  you're like a fly.  a meaningless creation that only can do one thing: annoy.  

23 minutes ago, DeathEater said:

stop quoting me.  you're like a fly.  a meaningless creation that only can do one thing: annoy.  

Sorry I wasn't aware I had quoted you previously. I don't spend all my time on here. Lovely words keyboard warrior. I was simply giving an opinion. Relax. :fthis:

freebit

I finally got to listen to it. :giveup: I've been so busy, I got a new (demanding) job, and my life has been so hectic in general that I was waiting and saving this album for a time when I could just be alone with the album and take it all in.  It's a gorgeous album. I admit I was afraid I wouldn't like it because it's obvious that this was going to be different from what she's done before, but I'm relieved that it's great. She's really evolved, yet kept the elements that I love about her previous albums. The melodies are perfect, the album just has this carefree, fun, lush sound - I feel like a wine drunk rich girl in NYC when I listen to this album. 

Gagas love
On 10/22/2016 at 1:29 AM, macca said:

Sorry I wasn't aware I had quoted you previously. I don't spend all my time on here. Lovely words keyboard warrior. I was simply giving an opinion. Relax. :fthis:

lololololol 

bionic

Just watched Gaga's SNL episode and the performance of A-YO slayed me. Can't get the choreo out of my head. Still not loving MR though

buy bionic

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:38 PM, bionic said:

Just watched Gaga's SNL episode and the performance of A-YO slayed me. Can't get the choreo out of my head. Still not loving MR though

MR > A-YO

• HausOfMark unpinned this topic

Archived