💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Official 'Joanne' Discussion Thread

The Surrealist

Featured Posts

Ahmad Samadi

I love this album as a whole experience more than any other Gaga album.  I may be jumping the gun....still need to listen to it more but I really cant stop listening to it.  Her voice is beautiful, the beats are great and the melodies are beautiful.

I love it!

My faves for now are:

Diamond Heart

Million Reasons

Joanne

A-yo

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NIghtmareElm

I just listened to some clips from searching on instagram.  Love what I have heard so far but still waiting for the official release.  

Janne Monsen Tveit

My favorites are Dancin' in Circles, Angel Down, Million Reasons and Joanne. Will be very happy if either of these are released as a single. 

http://730.no

I can't wait for her to release the music videos for the songs, cause that will give me a completely different experience when i'm listening to them. Like marry the night, I don't like that song at first but after she released the video for it, it gives me a different view of that song and it starts to grow on me.

It would be nice if she could make a music video for every songs in the album like what some other artists were doing

Ahmad Samadi
19 hours ago, Ahmad Samadi said:

I love this album as a whole experience more than any other Gaga album.  I may be jumping the gun....still need to listen to it more but I really cant stop listening to it.  Her voice is beautiful, the beats are great and the melodies are beautiful.

I love it!

My faves for now are:

Diamond Heart

Million Reasons

Joanne

A-yo

Still obsessed with this album and here's my new order of FAVES:

1 - DIAMOND HEART

2 - JOANNE

3 - HEY GIRL

4 - MILLION REASONS

5 - A-YO

38 minutes ago, GagaYeezy91 said:

Sucks that it's getting poor Meteoritic reviews.  I hope I like it tomorrow night.

What does this mean? 

Its destined for poor reviews. 90% of people were expecting and wanting that super out of the box pop banger record comeback :toofunny:

Ahmad Samadi
38 minutes ago, GagaYeezy91 said:

Sucks that it's getting poor Meteoritic reviews.  I hope I like it tomorrow night.

The one that gave her a 40, NYTimes - not a great review to be honest and if his best suggestion to her is to go back to dance then we can really disregard and move on.  Gaga fans know at this point that she is always going to offer up a new gaga experience each album.  This is great way for her to gain a wider fan base and audience and yes she will lose some along the way.

Im really surprised with the critiques......after her big ARTPOP failure (not sure if I fully agree), she's toning down.  YES we know this, why report on it.  Its a brand refresh - all brands do this. Lets now focus on the music.

NIghtmareElm

A-YO is getting better every time I listen to it.  I can't explain how excited I am to listen to the full album tomorrow night  Gonna strip down to my CK's, put on a Sergio Leone movie and blast the album with my Audio Technica's

I don't care if this albums flops or succeeds.  Tired of paying attention to charts.  There was a time when I didn't and I was happier when listening to music.  

I've listened to this album 10 times now, it reallly does suck. I'm so dissapointed as a Gaga fan. where's the god damn pop dance bangers?!? 

I don't mind about charts or success but every artist does even if they say they don't. I just want my crazy PopGa back:toofunny:

her career as a mainstream pop singer is definately over after this country snorefest. 

Bish bring me my electro pop realness that I love! :fthis:

I'm new in here so hi to everyone :) Been a fan of Gaga since Pokerface and my favourite albums of hers are BTW and TFM, even though i'm also really into The Fame & ARTPOP.

Couldn't resist listening to the leaked Joanne album and i have to say i really love it so far. While it doesn't sound as unique as her previous attempts, i appreciate the analog feel and the fact that she could buck the trend and actually release a different type of sound just cause she liked it. It's refreshing and while i do hope we get more 'grand' concept albums in the subsequent eras, i can appreciate Joanne for what is is - an honest, sweet, beautifully sang and tastefully composed record.

I listen to the entire album from start to finish and my partner also loves it. Still trying to get used to Perfect Illusion (i don't listen to it on its own) but somehow as part of the whole album it sounds easier to my ears and like how she placed it right in the middle.

My current favourites are John Wayne, Dancing in Circles, A-YO, Joanne, Million Reasons and Sinner's Prayer.

Having said that i do hope that Gaga keeps surprising us with her visuals as with each era. I'd love to keep seeing masterfully original music videos that inspire the eyes and accompany the melodies. Think of a blend between her older videos and Lana Del Rey's. I feel that if she does there is little reason why this album can't be successful. To me this is Gaga's 'Black Album', as in a different, more sensitive exploration and expression of an otherwise complex persona. In terms of videos, i hope she does a Beyonce and release one for each song. She planned on doing it in the past, why not now?

I am not expecting big single sales as i believe you need to listen to it as a whole and picking apart songs for singles might not be as successful as it was in the past.

All in all i think Joanne is a gem of an album.

• HausOfMark unpinned this topic

Archived