💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Bloody Mary Vs Do What You Want - Better Song?

Creyk

Better Song?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Better Song?

• Do What You Want Ft. R. Kelly, Rick Ross, X Tina etc.
    • Bloody Mary

Featured Posts

Creyk

Both songs are fan favorites and are regarded as some of Gaga's best. Since most members love both songs I thought it would be interesting to vote about the 2, just to see which one is more loved.

I for one prefer Bloody Mary. The melody is just so strong and I love the "gaga" chanting in the background, it works very well. What about you?

Lucas

Bloody Mary by far, Do What U Want is great but it hasn't got the same dark feeling & perfection from Bloody Mary (and from all songs from Born This Way)

djBuffoon

"Do What U Want" is pop perfection. The melody, the hooks, the production, that 80s bassline, the vocals. Golden. 

However, while "Bloody Mary" isn't nearly as catchy or instantly likable, it goes further in terms of unique vision and the evocative nature of its sound (Gregorian chanting, pizzicato strings, the synthsized background voice that appears throughout).

Overall, I think BM is a better song. I can honestly say that no other pop girl would dare attempt something like it, and it's easily in Gaga's top 10 best. 

eifulien

I hate you for making me have to pick up. :giveup: They are so good and yet different. DWUW is that jam which appeals basically to everyone who's heard it. It gives you a blast. But the structure and lyrics and overall spooky feel of Bloody Mary probably wins for me but only marginally. I mean the reasons for my love for both couldn't be any more different. :giveup:

Creyk
52 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

"Do What U Want" is pop perfection. The melody, the hooks, the production, that 80s bassline, the vocals. Golden. 

However, while "Bloody Mary" isn't nearly as catchy or instantly likable, it goes further in terms of unique vision and the evocative nature of its sound (Gregorian chanting, pizzicato strings, the synthsized background voice that appears throughout).

Overall, I think BM is a better song. I can honestly say that no other pop girl would dare attempt something like it, and it's easily in Gaga's top 10 best. 

Thanks for the well-thought out comment, you experessed so well what I couldn't put into words :)

Yo GagaGaga

For me, I didn't like DWUW at all at first, but the more I listen to it and understand it the more that I like it. And it's the opposite for Bloody Mary, I really liked it at first, but I got bored with it quicker than most of her songs

Spoiler

Long Story Short: It's a tough decision, I view them as equals

Slade

Both of these are two of her best songs of all time. I have to go with Bloody Mary, though.

Archived