💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga a gay icon?

Logan

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation
16 minutes ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

While I understand all to well where you are coming from.  We can not negate all the LGBT activists of the past who were fighting for us.  Fighting to find a cure & medication for AIDS while 100 of 1,000s of LGBT people were dying from it in the 80's!  Some didn't even make it to this time to even be able to fight for Gay Marriage.  And the ones that did, are probably tired of fighting after decades of it.  Larry Kramer, Act UP, etc.  Heterosexual society for almost a decade didn't even care about AIDS, so LGBT people had to get out in the streets & fight & act like Black Lives Matter Movement of today to MAKE them care!   Sorry for the rant.  We just can't negate or forget about our forebears is all...  👍

Thanks for giving me your perspective on the history of LGBT rights! It was something I didn't include in my post so I appreciate you putting the current situation into context. You don't have to be sorry for anything - if anything it's me who should be apologizing because I know my previous post sounded quite angry and I'm not! So I'm sorry for my rant! It's not about who did more, it's about being thankful for how far we've come, yet also realizing that we are yet to get to where we should be. Only by working together through solidarity, hearing all voices, and gatherings where young and old can share our strengths and experiences. We need to work with each other not against each other! Peace 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
En_Sabah_Nur
32 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Thanks for giving me your perspective on the history of LGBT rights! It was something I didn't include in my post so I appreciate you putting the current situation into context. You don't have to be sorry for anything - if anything it's me who should be apologizing because I know my previous post sounded quite angry and I'm not! So I'm sorry for my rant! It's not about who did more, it's about being thankful for how far we've come, yet also realizing that we are yet to get to where we should be. Only by working together through solidarity, hearing all voices, and gatherings where young and old can share our strengths and experiences. We need to work with each other not against each other! Peace 

Very much so & Amen to that!  :) 👍🏾

Egypt. W

MelbHawker

Of course she's a Gay Icon. 

She's used the stage, her celebrity and her influence to champion the rights of the wider LGBT Community; she's so great in giving the community a voice against the inequality that exists. You don't have to be gay to be a Gay Icon; that's bullish*t. She celebrates gay culture - she doesn't exploit it. She mixes it in with femininity, sex, politics, religion, freedom etc. 

You can criticise her music.. but denying she's a Gay Icon. :toofunny: It's stupid.

the person replied me with this

Your username matters because it shows me you're a stan an are obviously going to defend her with weak, baseless, poorly grammaticized arguments. If you want me to argue, then let's do this.

Her career is based on using people or hot button topics to keep herself relevant. Her association with the gay community has not harmed her career, a slew of poor marketing choices, poor sales, and a gradual waning in public interest due to boredom with her antics harmed her career. She keeps herself afloat by hopping from issue to issue, celebrity to celebrity, and by taking literally any gig she can get, like her self-promoting "sponsored by Gaga/Intel" Bowie tribute which she secured literally days after his death.

She jumped on the gay bandwagon when it was easy, when it was already a hot topic in the media about gay rights and there was a softening stance. It was a topic that would naturally have people support her vocally about it at that time - unlike when Madonna did it in the late 80s early 90s when it was not a hot topic, but instead a huge stigma, and being supportive of gay people could have destroyed her career since pretty much almost everyone was super prejudiced back then. So don't try it with the "she would still have a career right now if she didn't pander to the gay community or release Born This Way".

Then Gaga jumped on another hot topic about bullying, which was easy for her to jump on the side of anti-bullying so she gets to play the victim. The bullying topic would naturally have people support her. She built a supposed "Anti-Bullying" campaign and foundation that is nothing more than a for-her-own-profit charity scheme, while preying on impressionable youth and turned her fanbase into a cult of bullies and abusers. She said at the launch of her BTW Foundation that people have a responsibility to stop bullying if they see it happen, but has defended her nasty fans when they bully other people, saying she is not responsible for them and cannot control them.

Now she's on the rape campaign, another hot topic in the media now that guarantees she would get supporters and new fans, plus she revealed her sexual assault story, coincidentally when the allegations were mounting against Bill Cosby. She has turned thousands of womens' harrowing experiences into another marketing ploy to keep herself in the public eye, releasing a 30 track dance remix album of her rape song to get to the top of the charts again. She regularly works with known rapist photographer Terry Richardson, collaborated with him and R. Kelly on a music videothat was described as a literal ad for rape, and has made about roofieing. She's even gone as far to DEFEND R. Kelly, saying that he is "plagued by other people's perceptions of what he is".

Who knows whatever she’ll latch onto next as her new platform to sell and promote herself. She is a transparent opportunistic panderer. She built an entire career and fanbase on the televangelist model of the prosperity-gospel by painting herself as some sort of gay savior and turning herself into a "mother" figure to be blindly worshiped and never questioned by pandering to impressionable youth.

So ruminate on that.

llbcherry

If Gaga doesn't consider herself to be a gay icon, that doesn't mean that many gays don't CONSIDER her a gay icon.

In most people's eyes, I think she is considered a gay icon, whether she calls herself a "supporter" or whatever else.

VOLANTIS

If a large mass of gays can accept a person as an Icon I think that person would qualify as a Gay Icon. If they have contributed to Gay culture there's no denying their impact on the subject. 

I don't believe we need ballots and a voting system to elect a Gay Icon. 

Marilyn Monroe was a straight women. Sex Icon. Gay Icon. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Reality

She's definitely a gay icon. I mean, when you have a whole era dedicated to the LGBT+ community and have it's lead single dedicated to the LGBT+ community as well, you're definitely a gay icon. 

🃏🖤👹

Logan
1 hour ago, gagaboy94 said:

the person replied me with this

Your username matters because it shows me you're a stan an are obviously going to defend her with weak, baseless, poorly grammaticized arguments. If you want me to argue, then let's do this.

Her career is based on using people or hot button topics to keep herself relevant. Her association with the gay community has not harmed her career, a slew of poor marketing choices, poor sales, and a gradual waning in public interest due to boredom with her antics harmed her career. She keeps herself afloat by hopping from issue to issue, celebrity to celebrity, and by taking literally any gig she can get, like her self-promoting "sponsored by Gaga/Intel" Bowie tribute which she secured literally days after his death.

She jumped on the gay bandwagon when it was easy, when it was already a hot topic in the media about gay rights and there was a softening stance. It was a topic that would naturally have people support her vocally about it at that time - unlike when Madonna did it in the late 80s early 90s when it was not a hot topic, but instead a huge stigma, and being supportive of gay people could have destroyed her career since pretty much almost everyone was super prejudiced back then. So don't try it with the "she would still have a career right now if she didn't pander to the gay community or release Born This Way".

Then Gaga jumped on another hot topic about bullying, which was easy for her to jump on the side of anti-bullying so she gets to play the victim. The bullying topic would naturally have people support her. She built a supposed "Anti-Bullying" campaign and foundation that is nothing more than a for-her-own-profit charity scheme, while preying on impressionable youth and turned her fanbase into a cult of bullies and abusers. She said at the launch of her BTW Foundation that people have a responsibility to stop bullying if they see it happen, but has defended her nasty fans when they bully other people, saying she is not responsible for them and cannot control them.

Now she's on the rape campaign, another hot topic in the media now that guarantees she would get supporters and new fans, plus she revealed her sexual assault story, coincidentally when the allegations were mounting against Bill Cosby. She has turned thousands of womens' harrowing experiences into another marketing ploy to keep herself in the public eye, releasing a 30 track dance remix album of her rape song to get to the top of the charts again. She regularly works with known rapist photographer Terry Richardson, collaborated with him and R. Kelly on a music videothat was described as a literal ad for rape, and has made about roofieing. She's even gone as far to DEFEND R. Kelly, saying that he is "plagued by other people's perceptions of what he is".

Who knows whatever she’ll latch onto next as her new platform to sell and promote herself. She is a transparent opportunistic panderer. She built an entire career and fanbase on the televangelist model of the prosperity-gospel by painting herself as some sort of gay savior and turning herself into a "mother" figure to be blindly worshiped and never questioned by pandering to impressionable youth.

So ruminate on that.

This person has some strong feelings about Gaga. The fact that they implied Gaga jumped on the "rape train" to gain attention is disgusting.

Eighteen

i think she is a gay icon. she uses her celebrity to advocate LGBTQetc rights. her constant presence in mainstream pop culture (at one time) also helps the general public to become accustomed to the idea, etc. idk that guy in the reddit thread is moronic. it's really petty and needless to argue about such things, i mean, yeah, some people fight to change laws, but others, like lady gaga, mainly fight to change the temperament of hearts and minds and sort of accustom the general public to the reality of LGBTQsldkfj issues and life in general. these perspectives are equally significant, and it is merely a matter of attacking the same problem from two different angles, and i do not think one is more important than the other.  

also he mentions gaga using the gay community merely for her own benefit when, as i understand it, was just what bowie did and openly admitted to doing so in a way, so his argument is weak. 

Archived