💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think LG5's lead single will be as commercially successful as Work?

Bradley

Title  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Title

Featured Posts

Bradley

I know we don't have the song yet but just vote based on your instinct/reasoning.

Sultry-Upright-Cuddle-Sesh.gif

anigif_enhanced-8210-1449106350-2.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

Assuming that Gaga promotes the lead extensively, since Rihanna didn't even bother to promote work neither through performance nor interviews (except for the Brits, literally the only televised performance of Work)

Serendipity

she'll need tons of promo and a banger.

also, it depends on the competition

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

I'm not sure. But I clicked the second option. I mean, apart from promotion, it needs to be catchy or fun, unlike TITHY. It had a lot of promotion but the radio stations refuse to play it.

Bradley
2 minutes ago, Clip said:

I'm not sure. But I clicked the second option. I mean, apart from promotion, it needs to be catchy or fun, unlike TITHY. It had a lot of promotion but the radio stations refuse to play it.

TIHTY's promotion was award-focused not sales-focused so I wouldn't compare the two.

But I have Uptown Funk in mind when I imagine LG5's lead single.

ARTPOPNick

It would be a shame if it didn't do better... Maybe Work is a hit in the United States, but in my country the highest positiion was the first week: #7.. Even Applause went #4 here..

Iwontell

In terms  of commercial success, probably not. Rihanna is just so widely accepted and the timing of Work's release was just perfect...it's hard to match it. If it does as well as "Applause" it's great already, specially if she comes up with something that doesn't fit the "supposedly-experimental-urban-sound" trend... 

In terms of quality, though, it wouldn't take much...and that's what I really care about. In fact, and I know it's rather childish of me, I tend to dislike things that are too popular anyway...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

FRANK1991

I voted no because Gaga is always trying to make something new and different. That comes with risks in the form of sales.

Work however is an no-brainer hit because it's nothing new, no risk, another collab with Drake, and annoyingly catchy AF.

Roar was terrible but it beat out Applause which I didn't appreciate it's full potential till months later. Carly's EMOTION was so f*cking good yet its sales were so low (I'm stanning so hard for Run away with me)

so I'm not worried

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

President Biden

If it's with Ronson and RedOne yes. With Zedd or DJWS maybe. Anyone else eh. With promo she will do fine. Without promo it could die. But Aris doing great with minimal promo, only SNL & an a Cappella video. So it depends. Gaga just gotta become a streaming monster soon

I got drunk

StarstruckIllusion

Work went number one? Oh. Tragic. 

Archived