đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Time For A Fergie Album Update

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

Harry
11 minutes ago, NickARTPOP said:

Honestly, she just doesn't have the audience that Gwen does. It's been 10 years and she still had 2 decent singles and an itunes number one album. LA Love flopped and I don't think people really follow her. She needs to do something in the media to get noticed. I feel like The Voice really helped Gwen stay relevant. Then she needs to release a song, if it charts well continue with release otherwise get more promo.

Well, it's true that Gwen has been more visible than Fergie over the past few years and more are probably here for her at the moment, but I wouldn't really call LA Love a flop, especially in comparison to Gwen. Sure it underperformed in comparison to The Dutchess singles but it did a lot better than any of Gwen's singles from this era thus far and with way less promotion/performances. It had more longevity too.

---

I was hoping we'd get Fergie's album this month too but I'm assuming Gwen's release was the reason. I doubt it's a matter of Interscope 'prioritising' either one, it was probably just strategic and Gwen happened to be ready first. Also her Gavin/Blake situation and The Voice exposure has made her quite prominent in the media so her management probably felt that they could take advantage of that. Fergie has a lot to do before she can release an album successfully.

DiscoHeaven23
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I wouldn't really call LA Love a flop, especially in comparison to Gwen. Sure it underperformed in comparison to The Dutchess singles but it did a lot better than any of Gwen's singles from this era thus far and with way less promotion/performances. It had more longevity too.

Checked my singles performances on that and you are correct

Baby Don’t Lie
1st Week: #46 - PEAK POSITION
2nd Week: #72
3rd Week: #74
4th Week: #76
5th Week: #83
6th Week: #98
(knocked out)

Used To Love You
1st Week: #84
2nd Week: #77
3rd Week: #52 - PEAK POSITION 
4th Week: #56
5th Week: #67
6th Week: #67
7th Week: #68
8th Week: #61 
9th Week: #80 
(knocked out)

L.A. LOVE
1st Week: #97
2nd Week: #81
3rd Week: #63
4th Week: #63
5th Week: #63
6th Week: #41
7th Week: #36
8th Week: #27 - PEAK POSITION
9th Week: #35
10th Week: #41
11th Week: #55
12th Week: #38
13th Week: #38
14th Week: #55
15th Week: #66
16th Week: #79
17th Week: #84
18th Week: #92
(knocked out)

JustAnotherDay
30 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well, it's true that Gwen has been more visible than Fergie over the past few years and more are probably here for her at the moment, but I wouldn't really call LA Love a flop, especially in comparison to Gwen. Sure it underperformed in comparison to The Dutchess singles but it did a lot better than any of Gwen's singles from this era thus far and with way less promotion/performances. It had more longevity too.

According to the charts it did better but no one remembers it. I feel like most people don't even know who Fergie is. Gwen is getting radio play and most people in general know who she is. I feel like Gwen has made a bigger impact.

was NickARTPOP

DiscoHeaven23
6 minutes ago, NickARTPOP said:

According to the charts it did better but no one remembers it. I feel like most people don't even know who Fergie is. Gwen is getting radio play and most people in general know who she is. I feel like Gwen has made a bigger impact.

I think what Gwen has over Fergie in that department is that No Doubt has been mainstream since 1995 and Fergie's been in the BEP since 2003. Not only that but Gwen was the lead singer, Fergie wasn't really all that present in the first album she did with the Peas, she's barely in "Where is the Love?" Therefore, that widens Gwen's age range of people that know who she is

Harry
9 hours ago, NickARTPOP said:

Well obviously Gwen is bigger, no one denied that. Just pointing out that saying LA Love was a flop while trying to big up Gwen is just silly. Make Me Like You hasn't even made it Top 100 on overall radio.

Saying that people don't even know Fergie is a complete over exaggeration and you know that to be an absolute lie :rip: She had a massively successful solo era that broke records and she was a major part of the Black Eyed Peas' domination with The END. Gwen is more relevant now as she has actually been active for the past few years, whereas LA Love came out in 2014 and she's hardly done anything since...

Archived