💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Rihanna is the most popular female singer of our time.

Juvelius

Featured Posts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venusfly

No she really isn't. She's an example of no matter how many hits you release you still need substance to be an icon, which Rihanna is not. The only thing she's got going for her is numbers.

The most popular female icon would not have to downgrade stadiums to arenas and cancel dates because they wont sell.

The competition right now lies between Beyonce and Taylor, if Gaga rises to her 2010 level of fame she will be a major competitor too.

The Child
4 minutes ago, LG said:

No she really isn't. She's an example of no matter how many hits you release you still need substance to be an icon, which Rihanna is not. The only thing she's got going for her is numbers.

The most popular female icon would not have to downgrade stadiums to arenas and cancel dates because they wont sell.

The competition right now lies between Beyonce and Taylor, if Gaga rises to her 2010 level of fame she will be a major competitor too.

And as we know, numbers aren't eternal whereas talent is eternal!

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Alien Tulip
6 minutes ago, Noahhh said:

I do think she's a really strong force in the Industry, but the 'most popular female icon of our time' should have outsold Little Mix's latest Album already. ANTi currently sold 600k WW and Get Weird 660k. The 'most popular female icon of our time' should be able to sell out Stadiums in Minutes and not cancel dates and change venues due to poor ticket sales. The 'most popular female icon of our time' should have a whole catalogue with impactful songs, not just 2 Songs that had kind off Impact (Umbrella, Only Girl). The 'most popular female icon of our time' should have a clear future. Do you think that in 20 years anyone wants to hear about 'Bitch Better Have My Money' or 'Wa wa wa wa work'? Answer this yourself. 

The problem with rihanna is that she makes one night stand music. Music that you'll only enjoy for a little while but wont care for years later. She sells singles successfully but everything else is pretty decent to sometimes mediocre. She'll always be rememebered for having successful singles but she will never be remembered for memorable music, iconic performances, memorable music videos, most importantly talent. I dislike Wendy Williams but she said it best "Rihanna will never be a legend no matter how many singles she sells, beyonce however will definitely be a legend". 

Alien Tulip
8 minutes ago, LG said:

The only thing she's got going for her is numbers.

Even that is pushing it because aside from singles, her albums never sold that well. It took 7 albums for Rihanna to get a number one album yet it only took Gaga her FIRST album to get a number one album. Rihanna also isn't a touring force like many other pop stars. 

Coop

It annoys me when people mention how much records she sold; I mean of course she has sold a lot considering that she released like 10 albums. 

Juvelius
2 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

her iconicism is based on her youtube views?

Being Popular doesn t necessery mean you are iconiq,Taylor Swift for example is not iconic at all.....

and Rihanna has sold more records than Beyonce, Gaga,etc. Outside stan sites there are people that just like music you see....

littlepotter

If you ask random people around the world about pop stars' names, like people who usually know nothing about pop and such, the only one they'd remember is Gaga. Not because I'm a stan, but 1) her name sticks out 2) she made a helluva lot of controversy 3) she did a good job in including GAGA in her iconic songs so that you wont forget who sings them (like who doesn't know the bad romance hook my dad knows it and he doesnt even know what a popstar is)

chaeri pls

Bette Davis

McDonald's sells more food than almost anyone, does that make it the best restaurant?

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

littlepotter
8 minutes ago, Alien Tulip said:

Even that is pushing it because aside from singles, her albums never sold that well. It took 7 albums for Rihanna to get a number one album yet it only took Gaga her FIRST album to get a number one album. Rihanna also isn't a touring force like many other pop stars. 

#1 where? Born This Way was her 1st on the Billboard 200

chaeri pls

Archived