💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Sia's rise to fame

iCpro

Featured Posts

iCpro

So I've recently started to follow Sia and I thought her rise to fame is very interesting because it is quite unique.

So essentially Sia was a pop musician for about a decade to little success up until 2010. All the stress from the business caused her to have a breakdown in 2010. At the time she was a heavy drug addict and contemplated suicide daily. However she managed to pull through and decided to retire from singing to only write songs for other artists. In 2012 she wrote a song for David Guetta called Titanium. He then released it will Sia's demo vocals to huge success. She wasn't aware of this and made her upset because she didn't want to be famous. She continued writing for other pop stars however she still had a contract with her label for one more album. She wrote and recorded 1000 forms of fear to end her contract. As she didn't want to be famous she decided to not show her face in promo or cover art etc. After the success of Titanium she was already a known name and the lead single, Chandelier, became one of the biggest songs of 2014 and garnering over 1 billion views on YouTube. Upon seeing the success and positive reception of Chandelier and 1000 forms of fear she decided to continue singing as well as writing. In 2016 she released her follow up , 'This is Acting', which debuted atop the billboard 200 with her highest first week sales ever, cementing her place in pop music.

I think its very interesting how it was only after she decided she didn't want to be famous that she became one of contemporary pop music's most iconic voices and an internationally  recognised artist.

Anyway I don't know if anyone actually cares :toofunny: but I thought it cool to post anyway :).

ruben-sia3.jpg

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DrKindnessKunt1999

Yes very cool indeed :)

Does anyone know if "This is Acting" is actually her last album or not?? 

Duella Dvil

She is the cutest

We Are Born and Color and Some People are GODLY

www.instagram.com/theduella666

iCpro
Just now, MannyMonroe18 said:

Yes very cool indeed :)

Does anyone know if "This is Acting" is actually her last album or not?? 

I hope not :wtf:. I think she may take a break after the era is over but I think she'll release more eventually.

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

I actually care...its interesting

all of her album is fckn great, except for her first album "Healing is Difficult", which some songs there I dont like

DrKindnessKunt1999
1 minute ago, MANiKIWI said:

I hope not :wtf:. I think she may take a break after the era is over but I think she'll release more eventually.

I hope so because I've noticed that she used to give hints that she wasn't going to sing any of her own songs anymore, then releases new songs anyways. Maybe she's realized that she can still sing/write songs and not have to deal with being too famous. I've always wondered what I'm supposed to do if I ever see her in person. Would it be appropriate to say "Hi!" to her, or just let her be?? 

zakariah
16 minutes ago, MANiKIWI said:

In 2012 she wrote a song for David Guetta called Titanium. He then released it with Sia's demo vocals to huge success. She wasn't aware of this and made her upset because she didn't want to be famous.

THOSE WERE DEMO VOCALS?!?! OMG :giveup:

I'm glad that she released 1000 Forms of Fear & This Is Acting 'cos they're both amazing albums. (I love 'P***y Meet Gasoline' & 'Move Your Puss' the best from each album :gaycat:)

iCpro
2 minutes ago, MannyMonroe18 said:

I hope so because I've noticed that she used to give hints that she wasn't going to sing any of her own songs anymore, then releases new songs anyways. Maybe she's realized that she can still sing/write songs and not have to deal with being too famous. I've always wondered what I'm supposed to do if I ever see her in person. Would it be appropriate to say "Hi!" to her, or just let her be?? 

I'd probably stare at her awkwardly not knowing whether to approach her until she gets creeped out and leaves :toofunny:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

PaperIz

I don't like when people show her face :air: but yes her rise is quite amazing and inspiring :flutter: 

RAMROD

I just can't wait for her to visit Singapore and got terribly confused on why everyone there always ends with her name when they talk each time hahahahahaha

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

iCpro
Just now, PaperIz said:

I don't like when people show her face :air: but yes her rise is quite amazing and inspiring :flutter: 

I don't really like it either, but she just looked so cute in that picture :flutter: plus her exaggerated expression kinda disguises her in a way

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Archived