Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Marina & The Diamonds shades Charli XCX

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Florian
4 minutes ago, Benji said:

It's the exact same colour palette. :air: Fake forestry backdrop, purple being the feature colour with yellow accents :toofunny:

The whole FROOT concept is based on neons :toofunny: 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benji
Just now, Florian said:

The whole FROOT concept is based on neons :toofunny: 

I know, your point? Marina is claiming that Charli is copying her in that image but it's not the first time it's been done so I'm intrigued what's the inspiration behind all of these images. You do know I wasn't shading Marina right? I stan for her :air:

Florian
2 minutes ago, Benji said:

I know, your point? Marina is claiming that Charli is copying her in that image but it's not the first time it's been done so I'm intrigued what's the inspiration behind all of these images. You do know I wasn't shading Marina right? I stan for her :air:

I know you don't shade Marina don't worry :nick:

But my point is that your pics aren't related to Marina's FROOT imagery. It's just girls posing with a natural background. Marina's imagery is wayyyy more than that. Posing with leaves or flower is one of the most generic thing. But what makes Marina's concept unique is the lights effect and that's what is reproached to Charli. 

Honestly, I see no connection between your pics and Marina except that there is a natural background just like on thousands of pics.

Evan Peters
2 hours ago, teenagechrist said:

EXPOSE HA. 

I always thought that Charli XCX has always been inspired a little bit too much by Marina, I can understand her frustration. She's copying her in a shameless way in that picture...Idk, at least give her some credit. :air:

what, besides this picture, reminds you of marina. because literally none of her albums nor eras look like something marina has done, lol

emma roberts is an abuser

Benji
6 minutes ago, Florian said:

I know you don't shade Marina don't worry :nick:

But my point is that your pics aren't related to Marina's FROOT imagery. It's just girls posing with a natural background. Marina's imagery is wayyyy more than that. Posing with leaves or flower is one of the most generic thing. But what makes Marina's concept unique is the lights effect and that's what is reproached to Charli. 

Honestly, I see no connection between your pics and Marina except that there is a natural background just like on thousands of pics.

Oh, well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree because whilst the images I posted do lack the lighting aspect, to me, the colour palette is the same. :green:

Harry

That is very similar... Kinda weird of Marina to call it out so publicly though. Aren't/weren't the two of them friends? You'd have thought she may have wanted to discuss it privately.

Emigrante
2 hours ago, Noahhh said:

There is a reason why she doesn'T chart

why is that

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

pink sushi

Charli's photoshoot looks VERY similar to Marina's FROOT era imagery.

Another big thing is that the photographer for Charli is Charlotte Rutherford.....the same photographer who shot Marina's entire FROOT album photos...

LoveandMagic

Whoa, heavy similarities. :/

4 minutes ago, pink sushi said:

Another big thing is that the photographer for Charli is Charlotte Rutherford.....the same photographer who shot Marina's entire FROOT album photos...

Is the color scheme part of the photographer's aesthetic? Could that be why it's so similar?

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

monketsharona
7 hours ago, venusian said:

katy didnt make an entire album and based her entire era of of the concept of it. its obviously a ripoff of marina

Is all Charlie Era about fruit though ??

teenagechrist
6 hours ago, Evan Peters said:

what, besides this picture, reminds you of marina. because literally none of her albums nor eras look like something marina has done, lol

Grab Bubblegum Bitch, Electra Heart, put them in a blender, and you'll get Sucker. We all know she's a fan, there was this video somewhere where she was singing songs from Electra Heart. 

feeling so hot tamale

Archived