💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

JK Rowling releases trailer for new series 'Magic in North America'

TailoredGuilts

Featured Posts

River

So is it a book? new series of books? wtf is going on? 2016 started with so many announcements that I'm scared to die now. I'm not leaving the house anymore and I threw all the knives and dangerous things.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TailoredGuilts
2 hours ago, CallMe said:

YAAAAAAS IM ACTUALLY SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS :air:

1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

OH MY GODDD THIS LOOKS UNREAL WOW

2 hours ago, AdAstra said:

When is saw the eagle fly over I wanted to stand up and chant USA! USA!

just updated OP with gifs I just got done making of this video!! Check em out! 

Versace
2 hours ago, Judas Oyster said:

I'm confused

Magic In North America = book?

Beast = movie?

Magic in North America is the series that are going to inspire the new movies?

And, if it's a book, the animation shown is just to make the book for interesting?

Exactly

bionic

inb4 1 episode/chapter on Canada and the rest is all USA #northamericawho

buy bionic

Judas Oyster
1 hour ago, Jed said:

Yes yes no and yes

I like your precise answers xd

So what is serving as inspo for the movies then?

Judas Oyster
2 minutes ago, Versace said:

Exactly

u sure about "Magic in North America is the series that are going to inspire the new movies?"? @Jed said no to that wan (omg.. #notnativeEnglishspeaker), yes to the rest o.O Don't fight guys <3 

Zsolti
6 minutes ago, Judas Oyster said:

I like your precise answers xd

So what is serving as inspo for the movies then?

Rowling's mind

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

TailoredGuilts
3 hours ago, Judas Oyster said:

I'm confused

Magic In North America = book?

Beast = movie?

Magic in North America is the series that are going to inspire the new movies?

And, if it's a book, the animation shown is just to make the book for interesting?

In the universe of HP... "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" is a famous and classic book/encyclopedia of magical creatures written by a british Magic Zoologist and wizard, Newt Sacamander. Newt became extremely famous wizard for being the sole person to discover and study hundreds of species of magical creatures all over the world.. It's considered required reading for all Hogwarts students.

JK Rowling decided to write a screenplay adapting this book that exists in the HP world (and she even published a condensed version of it for charity in 2000) and make it a film trilogy (screenplay by: JK Rowling herself).

enhanced-29021-1408032140-30.png

(Here's the entire Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them JK Rowling released to read in FULL and free PDF format): 

http://d2.d.yun.hjfile.cn/files/201405/%E6%B2%AA%E6%B1%9F%E8%82%B2%E5%84%BF%E7%BD%91_J.K._Rowling_-_Fantastic_Beasts_and_Where_to_Find_Them_20140530113147938_784.pdf?_upd=true

fantastic-beasts-and-where-to-find-them-

The FBWTFT film trilogy (from what we know so far) is about Newt Scamander venturing to New York City, USA in 1920's to continue his unprecedented world wide journey of discovering unknown magical creatures to capture and study. He keeps all the hundreds of creatures and their habitats he's found so far in his magical briefcase

Somehow the briefcase is accidentally opened and releases all of the creatures upon the city of NYC and now Newt must quickly find and re-capture the escaped creatures before they wreak havoc on city and expose the wizarding world to muggles or "nomag" (american word for non-magical people). Newt is also facing legal turmoil with the Magical Congress of the United States of America (american wizarding goverment) and could potentially be a criminal if he isn't able to catch them all in time. The trilogy will be introducing what the American wizarding world is like. 

JK Rowling has decided to expand the HP universe even further past her Fantastic Beasts films by writing a new collection of short stories about the history of Magic in North America and release them on Pottermore (JK Rowling's own mega site for potter fans), which is what this trailer was the official announcement for. 

The most important thing to understand the new movies, stories, books, etc.... Is that everything relates back to the fact that JK Rowling wants to expand the reader's frame of reference / knowledge map of the wizarding world from the UK to the US. Almost nothing is known about the US wizarding world, the entire HP books might have 2 sentences about it.

It's a brilliant way to breathe new life into the series without harming the other series. 

yASSsss

This looks so exciting :giveup: 

although i'm still waiting for an official 8th HP book.I just want to know more about Harry,Ron and Hermione's lives.is that too much to ask? :giveup: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

bionic
2 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

This looks so exciting :giveup: 

although i'm still waiting for an official 8th HP book.I just want to know more about Harry,Ron and Hermione's lives.is that too much to ask? :giveup: 

Isn't that what the new musical is about?

buy bionic

yASSsss
Just now, bionic said:

Isn't that what the new musical is about?

yeah,she's releasing a script book too but an official 8th book would be nice :flop:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

22 minutes ago, Judas Oyster said:

u sure about "Magic in North America is the series that are going to inspire the new movies?"? @Jed said no to that wan (omg.. #notnativeEnglishspeaker), yes to the rest o.O Don't fight guys <3 

It may one day influence the movies one day but the magical beasts movie is based off a textbook that already existed in the Harry Potter universe. However it does take place in America so I'm sure something will overlap.

to answer @Versace the North American "book" will be a series of short stories on the potter more site. They've already talked about the other wizarding schools in the world which was also really interesting to read!

Judas Oyster
9 minutes ago, TailoredGuilts said:

Fantastic Beasts film trilogy (screenplay by: JK Rowling herself) takes place in New York City, USA and will be introducing what the American wizarding world is like. 

JK Rowling has decided to expand even further past Fantastic Beasts films by writing a new collection of short stories about the history of Magic in North America and release them on Pottermore (JK Rowling's mega site for potter fans), which is what this trailer was the official announcement for. 

The most important thing to understand the new movies, stories, books, etc.... Is that everything relates back to the fact that JK Rowling wants to expand the reader's frame of reference / knowledge map of the wizarding world from the UK to the US. Almost nothing is known about the US wizarding world, the entire HP books might have 2 sentances about it.

It's a brilliant way to breathe new life into the series without harming the other series. 

thanks!

I thought Fantastic Beasts was gonna be about Potter's parents when they were young :) but now I know

Those are already written right? And now she's writing the short stories?

Yeah indeed!

TailoredGuilts
12 minutes ago, Judas Oyster said:

thanks!

I thought Fantastic Beasts was gonna be about Potter's parents when they were young :) but now I know

Those are already written right? And now she's writing the short stories?

Yeah indeed!

I updated that post ^^ I quoted to you describing everything even more thoroughly. Lemme know what you think!

Archived