💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

mister max
2 hours ago, Martijn said:

Are any of you watching YG Treasure Box? If so, who are you rooting for?

Yes :woot:I'm rooting for lots of people tbh welp but Kim Jun Kyu, Wan Jyun hao, Choi Hyun Suk, Mashiho and Bang Ye Dam are my top 5 for now

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

Martijn
1 hour ago, mister max said:

Yes :woot:I'm rooting for lots of people tbh welp but Kim Jun Kyu, Wan Jyun hao, Choi Hyun Suk, Mashiho and Bang Ye Dam are my top 5 for now

I really enjoy it a lot!

Mine are Kim JunKyu, Park JeongWoo, HyunSuk, YeDam and Kim Seunghun!

• Like 1

PopReaper
On 12/9/2018 at 2:02 PM, PoshLife said:

HOOOOOLY SH*T

It is definitely a skrillex song :toofunny: but holy crap it starts slow but then it GOES

nnnnn it's kind of a bop

the chorus sounds like..... every Perfume song from 2016 - now :emma:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

fashion monster
21 hours ago, Martijn said:

Are any of you watching YG Treasure Box? If so, who are you rooting for?

So far my faves are: Haruto (it's painful and hard to believe he's only 14 :deadbanana:), Yoon Bin, Jeong Woo, hottie Hyun Suk, pup-like Seung Hun, Jun Kyu (is he your fave among the 28? because since the first time I saw him, I thought he might be. Something in him reminds me of Jungwoo. Maybe it's his smile. They both have some kind of peaceful aura). Right now I can't pick a 7th because I haven't seen enough of them but it might be Yeon Gue or Do Young. 

General thoughts:

Spoiler

I am watching it, but I can't say I'm enjoying it as much as I expected to. Maybe it's my fault but I don't understand the structure of the show. It's like they change things every five minutes. The fact that they focus more on single performances than units is a waste of time, and will only make me hate the people in the final group that took the spot of my faves. But I guess they had to do that to differentiate things. Even tho I would have highly appreciated a Stray Kids YG version.

I think it's unnecessary to make Ye Dam compete. The whole world knows he's going to debut. But at this moment, if, for the weirdest reason, he doesn't end up being a winner, I wouldn't care. I mean, I do think he's talented, I can see why people like him, and I enjoyed his performance in the third episode (WannaOne's Energetic I think). But I hate that he sounded so much like Justin Bieber in the other two songs. And he even chooses a Bieber's song for the 1:1 :madge:. So I'd say that I don't like him when he sings with that high tone. I remember thinking that since I saw him last year in Stray Kids. But I do like his personality and I enjoyed the track he produced (not his singing tho).

I didn't like Treasure7's debut song (?), especially the chorus, and that's not what I was expecting from a YG group. On the other hand I loved the groups covers with those remixes at the end. They felt very YG.

I liked Treasure C a lot, especially the vocalists. I would have kept them out of the competition; choose Treasure7 among Treasure A-B-J to have a "typical YG boy group"; and debut Treasure C (not necessary all of them) with some fun/bright/youthful concept (something like ASTRO). 

I love the lady with short hair that was doing the monthly assessment, even if she never spoke and I don't know what she does.

I know sometimes my taste is extremely weird but I've accepted that and I'm not afraid to say that I would totally listen to Minho's clone (can't remember the guy's name) EDM remix of "vongole pasta one dish" :lolly:

What I learned watching these type of shows is that I can't see male idols crying without doing the same. Even the ones I don't care about make me emotional when they cry. A mess.

• Love 1

Martijn
1 hour ago, fashion monster said:

So far my faves are: Haruto (it's painful and hard to believe he's only 14 :deadbanana:), Yoon Bin, Jeong Woo, hottie Hyun Suk, pup-like Seung Hun, Jun Kyu (is he your fave among the 28? because since the first time I saw him, I thought he might be. Something in him reminds me of Jungwoo. Maybe it's his smile. They both have some kind of peaceful aura). Right now I can't pick a 7th because I haven't seen enough of them but it might be Yeon Gue or Do Young. 

General thoughts:

Hide contents

I am watching it, but I can't say I'm enjoying it as much as I expected to. Maybe it's my fault but I don't understand the structure of the show. It's like they change things every five minutes. The fact that they focus more on single performances than units is a waste of time, and will only make me hate the people in the final group that took the spot of my faves. But I guess they had to do that to differentiate things. Even tho I would have highly appreciated a Stray Kids YG version.

I think it's unnecessary to make Ye Dam compete. The whole world knows he's going to debut. But at this moment, if, for the weirdest reason, he doesn't end up being a winner, I wouldn't care. I mean, I do think he's talented, I can see why people like him, and I enjoyed his performance in the third episode (WannaOne's Energetic I think). But I hate that he sounded so much like Justin Bieber in the other two songs. And he even chooses a Bieber's song for the 1:1 :madge:. So I'd say that I don't like him when he sings with that high tone. I remember thinking that since I saw him last year in Stray Kids. But I do like his personality and I enjoyed the track he produced (not his singing tho).

I didn't like Treasure7's debut song (?), especially the chorus, and that's not what I was expecting from a YG group. On the other hand I loved the groups covers with those remixes at the end. They felt very YG.

I liked Treasure C a lot, especially the vocalists. I would have kept them out of the competition; choose Treasure7 among Treasure A-B-J to have a "typical YG boy group"; and debut Treasure C (not necessary all of them) with some fun/bright/youthful concept (something like ASTRO). 

I love the lady with short hair that was doing the monthly assessment, even if she never spoke and I don't know what she does.

I know sometimes my taste is extremely weird but I've accepted that and I'm not afraid to say that I would totally listen to Minho's clone (can't remember the guy's name) EDM remix of "vongole pasta one dish" :lolly:

What I learned watching these type of shows is that I can't see male idols crying without doing the same. Even the ones I don't care about make me emotional when they cry. A mess.

I definitely think JunKyu is my fav, he already was my fav amongst the YG trainees on MixNine.

I love Treasure C as well, but I doubt anyone but JeongWoo will make the actual debut group. Maybe not even him. They'd just look out of place amongst the others.

The structure of the program is very weird indeed. I feel like it could be 20 more episodes or just 2. I wonder how far they've planned it in advance.

The Treasure7 song isn't great indeed, but I think it's just the Just Dance, My Turn or Pick Me of the program. I'm sure the actual debut song will be a bop.

I really look forward to the upcoming episodes and I hope we'll get to see some group performances indeed. They should turn down the autotune a bit though, the vocalists really don't need it.

• Like 2

fashion monster

First Kai :lolly:, then Chanyeol :what:. Plus a random Sehun with a rose in his mouth:saladga:.

Satan is thriving. :legend:  

Edited by fashion monster

Neight Shayde

The chorus? choreo looks like a mix between Taemin's move and Exo's hip thrusts.

I kinda prefer Chanyeol when he still looked like a tall twink

Kai really doesn't have to do anything and we'd all still be :icega:

• Like 1

PopReaper

not the good sis still releasing music videos for songs from a 3-year-old project :rip: it's one of my faves from the album tho, so I'm not bothered at all :sis:

fashion monster

Do you guys know Key is debuting in Japan in like two weeks? Because no one said anything and I've just found out, but apparently it's almost a week old news. :woot: 

fashion monster
32 minutes ago, BrothaGaga said:

I kinda prefer Chanyeol when he still looked like a tall twink

I never paid that much attention to him before the buff era. So I never looked at him in that way. But now that you point that out I can see what you mean. Too bad we can't have both. 

PopReaper
17 minutes ago, fashion monster said:

Do you guys know Key is debuting in Japan in like two weeks? Because no one said anything and I've just found out, but apparently it's almost a week old news. :woot: 

Yeah he's debuting on the 26th with a mini album, and it's mostly original tracks :giveup: I was hoping it wouldn't be just Japanese versions of Face tracks :legend: Hope we get some bops

• Like 1