Taylor

Featured Posts

PopReaper
1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Seen the title of this on reddit and got excited :(

I did too :rip::toofunny:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

PoshLife

Yesterday I went to the gallery and the concert. I'm still sort of 'unpacking' it but wanted to share my thoughts:

So in the afternoon I went to the gallery. It was pretty small but had a LOT of stuff. Costumes from five or six different videos (Spending All My Time, Magic of Love, Flash, Spring of Life, and a few others I'm forgetting). I was so happy the SAMT outfits were there:

J0tOr4R.jpg 

It also had a lot of posters, cds, magazines, and photos. We were allowed to take pictures so I took a bunch. Definitely worth the $10.

I got to the Hammerstein Ballroom right when the doors were opening at 7pm. The line was like eight blocks long haha, but moved pretty quickly. I was inside, ticket scanned, and at my seat by like 7:40. I was in the first balcony, front row just left-of-center. I was basically sitting next to the cameraman. Couldn't have asked for a better seat.

The show itself was quite phenomenal. I don't always love going to concerts cuz they're so loud and crowded (hence not doing GA), but I was extremely glad I went to this. They did almost all of my very favorite songs, and some songs I don't love sounded really good live. They did almost all of the "Cosmic Explorer" album, as well as generally one song from each previous era. There was plenty of audience interaction, and the girls' fun and excitable personalities really came through. And the show had just enough cutesy weirdness to be a genuinely Japanese show.

Some random notes from the show:

-I was SO happy that they did almost all of Spending All My Time. I was worried they'd only do like thirty seconds of it because it was in a medley, but they did most of the song. It was so cool to see the choreography live.

-Cling Cling, a song I don't really love, was surprisingly good live. The concert instrumentation made it a bigger and better song, with a heavier and more danceable beat and that kind of thing.

-Dream Fighter was definitely the crowd favorite! I'm not so familiar with Perfume's older work, but the crowd went insane for this song.

-Miracle Worker also really got people going. I swear that dance break gives me my life. I was happy to see so many other people loving it given that it wasn't a single.

-Next Stage With YOU sort of bombed. Like, you could kind of tell the crowd wasn't as into it as with all the other songs. Even the girls seemed to have less fun with that song, especially since the choreo is mostly just steering wheel motions. Maybe I'm just projecting though haha.

-Some people wore really good costumes! There was a trio wearing the Magic of Love costumes, a trio wearing Spring of Life light-up costumes, and some people wearing Spending All My Time costumes. There was also a trio up in the balcony wearing what looked like Cling Cling costumes (but maybe wasn't), and I felt bad they didn't get the girls' attention.

-There was some funny audience interaction, including a call-and-answer "Steak House" thing, and a weird song about brushing your  teeth. We also had to do some weird "apple, apple, banana, banana, CHEESEBURGER" chant thing haha. It was so weird. The funniest part was when they made the giant screen on stage look like we were playing Pokemon Go, and we caught Perfume in a pokeball :lmao:

-They kept saying not to take pictures, but there was no security around me so I was able to take a lot of pictures (all of which came out terrible because my phone takes bad pictures haha), as well as some video clips.

Edited by PoshLife
  • Like 3

PoshLife

Here's a clip from "Miracle Worker" in case you want to listen to it and imagine me sobbing hysterically while trying to dance along:

• Like 4

PopReaper
1 hour ago, PoshLife said:

Here's a clip from "Miracle Worker" in case you want to listen to it and imagine me sobbing hysterically while trying to dance along:

It must've been so good :giveup: You're so lucky

You should have filmed yourself reacting to Miracle Worker live just so you could have the gif of someone "dancing really hard while sobbing" that you wanted :lolga:

PoshLife
2 minutes ago, PopReaper said:

It must've been so good :giveup: You're so lucky

You should have filmed yourself reacting to Miracle Worker live just so you could have the gif of someone "dancing really hard while sobbing" that you wanted :lolga:

LMAO I should have. I'm so pressed I still don't have the right gif for that moment. I feel like we're gonna need it for Perfect Illusion too tbh

could you imagine if Yasutaka Nakata produced a song for Lady Gaga? I think I'd die.

PopReaper
Just now, BurqaSwg said:

i intrude the thread because i need to say that im still not over minho's grey hair, yes pappy :giveup:

14269200_619527504875773_1113404483_n.jp

ikr :giveup: 

I mean, it kinda makes him look like a grandpa and I prefer View's blonde-ish hairstyle but he still looks good + it's about time he had a different hair color so :giveup:

• Like 1

BurqaSwg
Just now, PopReaper said:

ikr :giveup: 

I mean, it kinda makes him look like a grandpa and I prefer View's blonde-ish hairstyle but he still looks good + it's about time he had a different hair color so :giveup:

sooo hot :giveup:

PopReaper
3 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

LMAO I should have. I'm so pressed I still don't have the right gif for that moment. I feel like we're gonna need it for Perfect Illusion too tbh

could you imagine if Yasutaka Nakata produced a song for Lady Gaga? I think I'd die.

Nakata producing for her kinda gives me ARTPOP era flashbacks at the moment so idk about that :flop: But it'd be really cool if she did a song with a retro EDM vibe kinda like Cosmic Explorer, or maybe just a straight-up Party Maker-level banger :legend:

PoshLife

This is super salty, but during this part of SAMT when Nocchi and Kashiyuka are framing A-chan's face, I was trying to take pictures but my iPhone camera was being a piece of sh*t, so I was looking at my phone instead of at the girls and so didn't actually get to see them doing this. So now I don't have a "memory" if it and I'm so annoyed about it haha

perfume-spending-all-my-time-pv.jpg

Literally this is the photo I got lmao.gif

nH0VP0n.jpg

• Like 1

PoshLife

Also I learned a  bit about the SAMT video at the gallery; each costume came with a placard that said something about the costumes and the video they were used in.

I had thought that the video was about them being trapped in a room waiting for their man to come back for them (hence knocking at the door and all that). But actually it's about three girls who are at a school for supernatural children, practicing their magic over and over again. So it's about the monotony of schoolwork, and the costumes are meant to be school uniforms, not like 1800's mormon witches like I'd thought

So it really is like AHS Coven I guess :laughga: 

PoshLife
11 minutes ago, PopReaper said:

@PoshLife Now that you've seen them live: Do their arms really bend that weirdly?

HN151LX.gif

omg I wasn't watching closely enough :toofunny: The balcony was actually pretty far back, even though I was in the front row they were still like an inch tall haha. That was such a wonderful moment in this thread's history though