💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

PoshLife
6 minutes ago, Viola said:

Omg I'm gonna try to log in :giveup:I tried earlier and I couldn't.

This flop app goes down like every 30 minutes. I seriously have to restart it at least once an hour. I missed half of that lure module cuz of that.

I wonder how long it'll be until it's more stable.

Just now, PoshLife said:

This flop app goes down like every 30 minutes. I seriously have to restart it at least once an hour. I missed half of that lure module cuz of that.

I wonder how long it'll be until it's more stable.

It really does. They need to fix it. I feel like every time I try to play it goes down, 

Edited by Viola
Pantsu Nugeru Mon | Have Some Bi Rain

PopReaper

Are any of y'all watching Stranger Things on Netflix? I just watched the first episode and it's amazing :giveup:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

PoshLife
26 minutes ago, PopReaper said:

Are any of y'all watching Stranger Things on Netflix? I just watched the first episode and it's amazing :giveup:

whats it about

PopReaper
10 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

whats it about

From IMDB: "In a small town where everyone knows everyone, a peculiar incident starts a chain of events that leads to the disappearance of a child - which begins to tear at the fabric of an otherwise peaceful community. Dark government agencies and seemingly malevolent supernatural forces converge on the town, while a few locals begin to understand that there's more going on than meets the eye."

It's a sci-fi-ish thriller/drama/horror with a Twin Peaks kind of aesthetic, i'm on episode 2 rn :giveup:

PoshLife
1 minute ago, PopReaper said:

From IMDB: "In a small town where everyone knows everyone, a peculiar incident starts a chain of events that leads to the disappearance of a child - which begins to tear at the fabric of an otherwise peaceful community. Dark government agencies and seemingly malevolent supernatural forces converge on the town, while a few locals begin to understand that there's more going on than meets the eye."

It's a sci-fi-ish thriller/drama/horror with a Twin Peaks kind of aesthetic, i'm on episode 2 rn :giveup:

I'll pass but enjoy it :emma: 

PopReaper

Japanese Fans React To After School Member Lizzy’s Posts Taken At Dokdo

After-School-Lizzy.png

After School’s Lizzy recent trip to Dokdo (also known as Liancourt Rocks), the subject of a long, ongoing territorial debate between Japan and South Korea, has received negative response from her Japanese fans.

On July 18, Lizzy posted on her Instagram, “Will I be able to enter Dokdo, where people say three generations of your family must be virtuous before allowed entry?,” along with a photo of her ticket and a small South Korean flag.

Approximately two hours later, she updated her fans that she successfully arrived on the island, with a series of photos taken on the island.

In one particular photo, she stands shoulder-to-shoulder with South Korea’s Dokdo Guards, along with a caption that says, “Dokdo is our land. Thank you. I feel reassured.”

However, many Japanese fans reacted negatively to her post, and expressed their extreme dissatisfaction at Lizzy’s posts.

Many of the comments on her photos say things like, “Don’t come to Japan ever again,” and “We request that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs takes measures to bar you from entering [Japan].”

This is not the first time Japanese people have reacted negatively to a South Korean celebrity’s support for Dokdo. In 2012, actor Song Il Gook was physically barred from entering the country until further notice by the Japanese government for participating in a event where he swam to Dokdo on August 15, 2012, which marks the anniversary of Korea’s liberation from imperial Japan.

Singer Lee Seung Chul was also forced to return to Korea while trying to enter Japan on a trip in 2014. While there was no official statement given on why this decision was cast, many speculated it was due to the singer’s concerts held in Dokdo earlier that year.

Meanwhile, it is reported that Lizzy safely returned to nearby Ulleungdo by boat after an extremely brief stay on Dokdo in accordance with a pre-determined schedule.

---

nnnn

PoshLife
5 minutes ago, PopReaper said:

Japanese Fans React To After School Member Lizzy’s Posts Taken At Dokdo

After-School-Lizzy.png

After School’s Lizzy recent trip to Dokdo (also known as Liancourt Rocks), the subject of a long, ongoing territorial debate between Japan and South Korea, has received negative response from her Japanese fans.

On July 18, Lizzy posted on her Instagram, “Will I be able to enter Dokdo, where people say three generations of your family must be virtuous before allowed entry?,” along with a photo of her ticket and a small South Korean flag.

Approximately two hours later, she updated her fans that she successfully arrived on the island, with a series of photos taken on the island.

In one particular photo, she stands shoulder-to-shoulder with South Korea’s Dokdo Guards, along with a caption that says, “Dokdo is our land. Thank you. I feel reassured.”

However, many Japanese fans reacted negatively to her post, and expressed their extreme dissatisfaction at Lizzy’s posts.

Many of the comments on her photos say things like, “Don’t come to Japan ever again,” and “We request that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs takes measures to bar you from entering [Japan].”

This is not the first time Japanese people have reacted negatively to a South Korean celebrity’s support for Dokdo. In 2012, actor Song Il Gook was physically barred from entering the country until further notice by the Japanese government for participating in a event where he swam to Dokdo on August 15, 2012, which marks the anniversary of Korea’s liberation from imperial Japan.

Singer Lee Seung Chul was also forced to return to Korea while trying to enter Japan on a trip in 2014. While there was no official statement given on why this decision was cast, many speculated it was due to the singer’s concerts held in Dokdo earlier that year.

Meanwhile, it is reported that Lizzy safely returned to nearby Ulleungdo by boat after an extremely brief stay on Dokdo in accordance with a pre-determined schedule.

---

nnnn

Mess. Well at least this angers the international fans and not the domestic ones. So hopefully it won't hurt the (extremely low) chances of a comeback

PoshLife

Put up a lure module and my app crashed after five minutes.

I feel so cheated.

But I just leveled up and got another one. I'm not gonna use it until I can go for at least a few hours without having to restart this stupid game

Oh My Girl and their fans accused of "Cultural Appropriation" ( :toofunny: )

Some netizens are protesting the behavior of Oh My Girl members and their fans during the “Windy Days” promotions, accusing them of cultural appropriation.

While neither the dance nor styling for the “Windy Day” MV contained any notable Indian or South Asian elements, fans picked up on the musical influence, titling Oh My Girl as “curry-dolls” and their dance as “the Aladdin dance”

"curry-dolls" tho :lmao: I'm dying :toofunny: 

-

@PopReaper have the other episodes of "Stranger Things" been good? One of my friends also recommended it to me :emma:

@PoshLife:giveup: happens to me all the time with incense and lucky eggs... A couple minutes in and the app just crashes and it's wasted. I read somewhere that it could be early September before Japan get the game :toofunny: I'm guessing because every man, woman, child, cat and dog will be playing it over there :rip: 

PopReaper
12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Some netizens are protesting the behavior of Oh My Girl members and their fans during the “Windy Days” promotions, accusing them of cultural appropriation.

While neither the dance nor styling for the “Windy Day” MV contained any notable Indian or South Asian elements, fans picked up on the musical influence, titling Oh My Girl as “curry-dolls” and their dance as “the Aladdin dance”

-

@PopReaper have the other episodes of "Stranger Things" been good? One of my friends also recommended it to me :emma:

@PoshLife:giveup: happens to me all the time with incense and lucky eggs... A couple minutes in and the app just crashes and it's wasted. I read somewhere that it could be early September before Japan get the game :toofunny: I'm guessing because every man, woman, child, cat and dog will be playing it over there :rip: 

I've only watched up to episode 3 so far but yeah it's really good legend.gif

PoshLife
26 minutes ago, Taylor said:

-

umm calling them curry girls is more racist than anything Oh My Girl has ever done that we know of :rip:

Also I love how Orange Caramel actually did steal that Indian folk song "Jutti Merri" for Catallena, but they get away with it because it was awesome

omg Japan doesn't have it?? I hadn't even realized. I read that South Koreans are traveling to a town near the DMZ border with North Korea cuz Niantic's diamond-shaped game grid doesn't block the game there.

south_korea-325x325.jpg

1 minute ago, PoshLife said:

omg Japan doesn't have it?? I hadn't even realized. I read that South Koreans are traveling to a town near the DMZ border with North Korea cuz Niantic's diamond-shaped game grid doesn't block the game there.

south_korea-325x325.jpg

OMG :rip: the lengths people are going to to play Pokemon Go :rip:

I just got an email from Nintendo UK saying they're selling limited edition steelbook copies of Pokemon Sun and Moon... I really wanna pre-order one, or both :emma: