other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

Bi Rain

Rolling Quartz came back :giveup:

The Good Sis Viola | Have Some Bi Rain | The Bi Rain Train |

PoshLife

Wait the whole album is out on Spotify :giveup: I skipped around to see what stood out to me:

Spoiler

The Traveling re-recording is really good and the Hikari re-recording is beautiful, the instrumental is totally different. The Addicted to You re-recording is more similar to the original, but definitely new vocals. She kinda struggles with the highest notes in the chorus :emma:  There's some cool percussion after the second chorus.

The 2024 mixes mostly have more noticeable differences than the Automatic 2024 mix we heard a couple weeks ago. For example the Sakura Drops and Can You Keep a Secret 2024 mixes have very noticeable differences at the end (CYKAS goes a capella at the end instead of fading), the Prisoner of Love and Letters 2024 remixes have a lot more reverb (I kinda prefer the original version of Letters, the sharper main vocal line worked better), and the Colors 2024 mix has a much richer instrumental in the chorus. For all of them, if you know the songs well you'll hear little differences everywhere in terms of different synths or backing vocals being brought up or down compared to the original.

Electricity is so good, I love the instrumental. It's interesting how she integrates what sounds like flutes and clarinets in the second chorus. That said it's a shame it doesn't come back to the chorus again at the end, I feel like lately her songs go off in a new direction at the end rather than repeating the chorus like her older songs did.

• Love 1

PopReaper
2 hours ago, PoshLife said:

Wait the whole album is out on Spotify :giveup: I skipped around to see what stood out to me:

Reveal hidden contents

The Traveling re-recording is really good and the Hikari re-recording is beautiful, the instrumental is totally different. The Addicted to You re-recording is more similar to the original, but definitely new vocals. She kinda struggles with the highest notes in the chorus :emma:  There's some cool percussion after the second chorus.

The 2024 mixes mostly have more noticeable differences than the Automatic 2024 mix we heard a couple weeks ago. For example the Sakura Drops and Can You Keep a Secret 2024 mixes have very noticeable differences at the end (CYKAS goes a capella at the end instead of fading), the Prisoner of Love and Letters 2024 remixes have a lot more reverb (I kinda prefer the original version of Letters, the sharper main vocal line worked better), and the Colors 2024 mix has a much richer instrumental in the chorus. For all of them, if you know the songs well you'll hear little differences everywhere in terms of different synths or backing vocals being brought up or down compared to the original.

Electricity is so good, I love the instrumental. It's interesting how she integrates what sounds like flutes and clarinets in the second chorus. That said it's a shame it doesn't come back to the chorus again at the end, I feel like lately her songs go off in a new direction at the end rather than repeating the chorus like her older songs did.

Hikari's re-recording being produced by AG Cook :giveup: It's beautiful. Electricity + Traveling's re-recording are also great. The Addicted To You one isn't bad, but compared to the other two it feels a bit redundant... I'd have loved to see an ethereal, drum n bass-y version of it tbh. Overall tho this was a great release, specially compared to most "Best of" albums which are usually nonevents.

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"
  • Love 1

PoshLife

Wait this is kind of blowing my mind: at the end of Beautiful World, I always thought the backing vocals were repeating the main line:

"Beautiful World (Beautiful World)
Beautiful Boy (Beautiful Boy)"

but the 2024 remix clarifies the backing vocals a ton and now I can hear it's actually:

"Beautiful World (Beautiful Life [or maybe Light])
Beautiful Boy (Beautiful Girl)"

• Love 1

Bi Rain

Utada really killed it with this best of album :legend:Electricity :giveup: Colors 2024 mix :giveup: Traveling :giveup: Can You Keep a Secret 2024 mix :giveup:

PoshLife

nnn I'm in the Science Fiction listening party on some app called Stationhead, and halfway through "Hanataba wo Kimi Ni" someone on her staff accidentally skipped to the next song, people were very [confused in Japanese] and her staff were commenting blaming each other lmao

Edit: LMAO most of the way through Sakura Drops they somehow started the album over again from the beginning :lmao:

Edited by PoshLife
  • LMAO 1

PopReaper

Another major bop :giveup:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"
  • Like 2

Irrelevant

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Bi Rain

I saw Park Bo Ram passed away at 30. Rest in peace love. 

PoshLife

Queen Youha pulling a Nicki refusing to be in the same room as the other artist

PoshLife

Wow, I just discovered that SM requested that the English version of Hyo's "Sober" be age-restricted. Like if I post it here you can't even watch it embedded:

I'm reading the comments and apparently a few years ago the song really started taking off (this was a couple years after it came out), and that's when they made the request to age-restrict it. People think SM was trying to stop Hyo from becoming too successful, so they dislike-bombed the video in protest which just makes it harder to find. I'm not sure I agree - like, Hyo's gotten more solo comebacks than anyone else in SNSD except for Taeyeon at this point - but I'm not sure what else would explain the reasoning behind it. Very strange and unfortunate, I always thought this was a fantastic song. 50 million views is still a lot.

• Like 1

Bi Rain
On 4/12/2024 at 10:41 PM, PoshLife said:

Wow, I just discovered that SM requested that the English version of Hyo's "Sober" be age-restricted. Like if I post it here you can't even watch it embedded:

I'm reading the comments and apparently a few years ago the song really started taking off (this was a couple years after it came out), and that's when they made the request to age-restrict it. People think SM was trying to stop Hyo from becoming too successful, so they dislike-bombed the video in protest which just makes it harder to find. I'm not sure I agree - like, Hyo's gotten more solo comebacks than anyone else in SNSD except for Taeyeon at this point - but I'm not sure what else would explain the reasoning behind it. Very strange and unfortunate, I always thought this was a fantastic song. 50 million views is still a lot.

Yeah Sober is definitely one of her best songs. There's nothing even in the lyrics that would warrant an age restriction imo. 

Bi Rain

This is cute I love this.