💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

17 minutes ago, PopReaper said:

I really love No's chorus but I didn't care too much about the rest tbh :emma: It's the weakest song in the mini album, the rest of the b-sides are all 10/10

They better start releasing the actual teasers and album info tomorrow, all this waiting is so tiring :emma: I think it might be a yyxy-heavy comeback to compensate for the lack of a repackage. I'd love if they gave the unit a single before the comeback too, kinda like what they did with favorite, it's not gonna happen tho :giveup:

Yeah, since the dates for 1 / 11 / 21 / 31 have now ended I'm hoping we start getting daily teasers from now on.

If they release a full length album they might have one song for each unit on it - and yyxy could get an MV pre-release, I guess. To make up for their re-pack!

PoshLife
1 hour ago, PopReaper said:

Watched up until Hikari and loved it :giveup: She doesn't move around much ( :emma: ) but her vocal performance makes up for it

My favorite part (so far) is the Prisoner of Love performance I think

And the stage design gives me subtle Joanne Tour teas, if the platforms suddenly stopped working while they were rising :emma:

I'm so happy you're watching it so I have someone to talk to it about. The little transition from Michi to Traveling made me wet myself. What did you think of the end of Sakura Drops? :laughga: I'm excited to watch the rest of it hopefully tonight

imwoahvicky

imagine being kicked out of SM by a girl who crashed her car and had her mom complain to management everyday 

Edited by imwoahvicky
⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

PoshLife
On 1/29/2019 at 8:53 PM, PoshLife said:

You can watch Utada's new tour (minus the first minute for some reason) at these two links:

Part 1: https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34540118

Part 2: https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34540407

I just watched the first half. Great concert so far! Her Vegas Residency: Jazz Concert tbh :toofunny:  She's higher energy than I expected, though that's not saying much. Her vocals were also better than I expected. Nice use of the string section throughout. It's pretty much just her standing there and walking around, and it's a BIG stage. She made better use of it during Utada United 2006. Also I love how there's like 100 feet between the stage and the first row of the audience :emma: 

The filmography (or whatever it's called) is kinda problematic for me - it's like 90% closeups and 10% wide/crowd shots. There's very little mid-range shots, which is kinda frustrating when there's a dancer onstage and it's like, I'd like to actually see her full body movements and not just like her torso and half her face.

Setlist so far:

Reveal hidden contents

Anata
Michi
Traveling
Colors

-Talk Break-

Prisoner of Love
Kiss & Cry (WOW! wasn't expecting that. Had the "Hit it off like this" backing vocals from Can You Keep a Secret)
Sakura Drops (nnnnnn she has a "Dance in the Dark at the Brit Awards" moment with the keyboard but it manages to be even weirder)

-Talk Break-

Hikari (honestly she should stop performing it this way, it'll never be as good as UU06 and it's kinda weird in the middle of the concert)
Tomodachi (with a dancer)
Too Proud (the dancer again... but omfg Utada does a Japanese rap section that's actually almost fire)

-20-minute video: It's an interview and then at some point it turns into a sketch comedy?-

Chikai
That really really slow song from Phantome :emma: 
Hanataba wo Kimi Ni
Forevermore

-Talk Break :saladga:-

First Love (fog machine!)
Hatsukoi (holy SH*T there is the longest dramatic pause I've ever seen in a live performance before, I thought the video paused)

-Talk Break-

Play a Love Song (FINALLYYYY. Homosexual technicolor bop confirmed)
Ore no Kanojo (the true Jazz Residency experience)

-Introducing the band-

Automatic

-Talk Break for like 15 minutes-

Goodbye Happiness

The first half was way better than the second IMO. It kinda started feeling like it was more a Phantome concert than a Hatsukoi concert. She didn't do anything from the back half of Hatsukoi, but she found time for Ore no Kanojo? :laughga:  Also towards the end it was like, one song, talk for 10 minutes, two songs, talk for 15 minutes... like jesus girl what do you think we're here for

Still a good show though.

Updated with the second half of the setlist + me spoiling everything

PopReaper
18 hours ago, PoshLife said:

I'm so happy you're watching it so I have someone to talk to it about. The little transition from Michi to Traveling made me wet myself. What did you think of the end of Sakura Drops? :laughga: I'm excited to watch the rest of it hopefully tonight

Just finished watching it :gaycat:

Spoiler

The Sakura Drops ending with the piano solo/experiment ( :emma: ) gave me

tumblr_inline_pga6o9f1A91vrw93d_400.gif

teas, but I loved it

Whew the Tomodachi - Too Proud section :giveup: the LGBT icon JUMPED out. The Forevermore performance was also one of my favorites, probably the song she seemed most confident performing. Kinda wish it had been put alongside Tomodachi/Too Proud, the dancer would've made it even better :legend:

The 20-minute SNL skit in the middle was..... weird :emma: specially because it was placed right before the ballads, but overall the show was pretty consistent in quality. I did not expect her to perform Ore No Kanojo, so that was also a very pleasant surprise :giveup: + the stage looked beautiful during Automatic because of the golden lighting

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

PopReaper
2 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

messy Chanmina from Fxxker is back, yasss :lmao: serving "I'm every icon" realness

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

Martijn
47 minutes ago, mister max said:

Je suis excited

That article is from October last year, the program he's talking about has already ended :toofunny: