💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why isn't she being smart and using her hype?

Saint Laurent

Featured Posts

She and her team probably have other plans up their sleeves that we don't know about-yet. I'm confident that they know what they're doing.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oprah Winfrey
8 hours ago, Paper Gangsta said:

it would actually backfire. In the middle of this would be messy. Imagine if she released lead single then performed TIHTY at the oscars... it wouldn't work. she is getting that acclaim and then she will let people miss her a bit and then bam

She gets hit by a bus?

Another day, another complaint...

My name is yours! What's Probglum?

12 hours ago, BloodyMonster said:

I kind of feel the same don't worry. It's only natural to be worried. I honestly think she has a better plan! Maybe she'll ride off of February's hype & release a single this Spring!

This!

Katsuki Bakugo
13 hours ago, Red said:

Because Bobby is her manager and he is a professional and he knows better than us.

And promoting herself worked for queen B so yeah..

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

MelbHawker

I think you're just a little too thirsty for new Gaga music. It's okay sistren. She is using her hype. It's currently accumulating.. all the praise. LG5 will be released when she feels it's ready. 

I dont mind Gaga hype but her becoming tribute act/ cover singer to hire makes me more annoyed. this whole 2015-2016 made her look completely uninspired and basic. I hope she cooks up something nice but I don't expect anything anymore - just after oscars I want her to blackout rather than continuing her covers tour.

Given for the longest time Gaga was kind of hit hard with managerial issues, public (and fan) ridicule over album performance, trying to keep things together, finding herself again plus other things, it's only right that she has a period where she works on her own image. 

Looking at this period as kind of a reset, let her do these GP-friendly events because now instead of most people calling her whack and what-not they are seeing her for who she truly is-- A woman who is a force in the industry and has the killer voice to back it up. I'd rather that instead of these other artists who keep cranking out content that for me is less stellar than their previous works (no shade), ones saying crazy stuff to keep their names on everyone's tongues, or the cheap blows by some also to stay in the spotlight. The hype will still be there if she nails it right, more longstanding instead of quick thrills that are over before the other begins. We all know how media works, they chew you up and spit you out, it's a revolving door.

I'd rather her be in a good place mentally, physically and spiritually because if one is in that state, their music will be some of the best it could be. If you have these outside burdens, your work suffers. Pressure is off with this record. Enjoy the ride.

She's using the hype once it feels right of her to do so. I wouldn't write it off yet

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

PopThatArt
On February 26, 2016 at 9:56 AM, Saint Laurent said:

I'm starting to get really annoyed to be honest.

She's spent the best part of 18 months now regaining hype for herself and trying to get the GP back on side, but she isn't utilising the hype that she's created.

I'm just so confused as to why she won't realise the lead, she's had over two years to write it. My fear is that the GP and tbh, even fans will be bored of the LG5 era before it's even begun.

Why do you think she's taking so long?

Um, dear, what Lady Gaga is doing is not "trying to get the public back on her side", she's been pursuing things like acting because she's passionate about it. Contrary to what so many other attention seeking singers and people in pop culture do, trying to always make the news, Lady Gaga is not like that. It hasn't been about intentionally trying to build up hype around herself and getting "public and media back on her side", Gaga has said so herself recently, unlike some people she doesn't care about being all over the place at the same time. Meaning she doesn't care about being in all the headlines for music, acting, etc all at once. When the album is ready, it will come out. The public and people like you are the ones creating the hype, Gaga is just doing her job as a performer and working on music in the meantime. I'm sure Gaga has realized she can't over saturate all form of media with her presence - tv, music, magazines, etc. Because if she does, people will tire of her.

Go see A Star is Born

PopThatArt
34 minutes ago, mic said:

I dont mind Gaga hype but her becoming tribute act/ cover singer to hire makes me more annoyed. this whole 2015-2016 made her look completely uninspired and basic. I hope she cooks up something nice but I don't expect anything anymore - just after oscars I want her to blackout rather than continuing her covers tour.

It's all part of the plan, months ago Gaga said, "Lady Gaga is asleep", she's saving all the creative energy for her return to music, it will be unexpected, like her Bowie tribute look. It was much more impactful after all those appearances in regular outfits and looks. 

Go see A Star is Born

PopThatArt
On February 26, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Red said:

Because Bobby is her manager and he is a professional and he knows better than us.

People seem to forget Bobby was also there during ARTPOP, he was assisting in managerial responsibilities such as promo, it's not necessarily true to say he knows what's best. 

Go see A Star is Born

Just now, PopThatArt said:

People seem to forget Bobby was also there during ARTPOP, he was assisting in managerial responsibilities such as promo, it's not necessarily true to say he knows what's best. 

Bobby took over control near the GUY era when there was nothing to be done anymore

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

eifulien

Ugh, these hype threads are exhausting, guys! Sure she has built anticipation for LG5 but she is in a place where she doesn't need  huge amount of hype. The moment she drops it, everyone will be looking at her. The media never stopped caring for her, even during ARTPOP when bashing her was the thing that was getting them more clicks. As for the GP - many pointed it out - the music needs the speak for itself pretty much like it was the case of The Fame. At that time she didn't have any hype yet she was the marvel of the pop world. :giveup::gaycat:

Archived