Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

'Formation' #109, could it have gone #1 if it wasn't on Tidal?

Guest vivre sa vie

Featured Posts

SummerBoy15

I think it would've been number one... but only for one week after people started figuring out the message lol

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ashamednudist
Just now, UK Monster said:

work is a good song its a good clean cut song which is easy to listen to and thoroughly deserves to be number 1 in my opinion. Its cool

i think the otherwise, it's def. not clean with that autotune-maybe simple. Formation has at least some melody and instrumental. my point is formation could go number one also if they'd sell on itunes

Just now, vivre sa vie said:

WORK sounds to me like chicken clucking! woo woo woo wooork

lol true but formation sounds to me like flick it on a bop it

It would've debuted very high. The song and Superbowl performance has had a huge impact and controversy so I'm sure if the video was even listed on YouTube, that alone would bring a lot of streaming points to the table.

Plus looking at her tour numbers anyone that thinks this wouldn't debut high on iTunes is essentially delusional :rip:Regardless of what you think of her/the song, a lot of people are clearly here for her. I don't necessarily think it would've stuck around as it doesn't sound too radio friendly but I think it would've gone at least top ten.

Oh yeah, Beyonce has a new single out. :green:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

I don't think so... it's not a ''great song :emma: I mean, it doesn't have a good melody and it's not very catchy. I like 7/11 and Yoncé, but Formation is a bit boring, even if it's pretty similar. The video is interesting though :applause:

VersaceKing

Do you think it could have gone at number one on the Hot 100 chart if it wasn't a Tidal exclusive?

Maybe not #1, but Top 10 is quite possible. All the controversy with the song will bring it to a very high positions on the charts.

Is Tidal killing the chart performance of artists?

Yes! Look at American Oxygen, when the video was TIDAL exclusive for sometime. Look at T.L.O.P by Kanye, like really?!

Does it help only Tidal or artists as well (to boost their sales)?

Only in the case of ANTi, I saw that TIDAL did something good to a recording artist of them... I mean, 1,400,000 downloads in 3 days is quite incredible...#460

Evan Peters
4 minutes ago, VersaceKing said:

Do you think it could have gone at number one on the Hot 100 chart if it wasn't a Tidal exclusive?

Maybe not #1, but Top 10 is quite possible. All the controversy with the song will bring it to a very high positions on the charts.

Is Tidal killing the chart performance of artists?

Yes! Look at American Oxygen, when the video was TIDAL exclusive for sometime. Look at T.L.O.P by Kanye, like really?!

Does it help only Tidal or artists as well (to boost their sales)?

Only in the case of ANTi, I saw that TIDAL did something good to a recording artist of them... I mean, 1,400,000 downloads in 3 days is quite incredible...#460

weren't a million of those downloads bought by samsung. lol. 

emma roberts is an abuser

VersaceKing
Just now, Evan Peters said:

weren't a million of those downloads bought by samsung. lol. 

Yeah they bought 1M, but TIDAL users downloaded it 400K times, which is very good...

Archived