💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does Rihanna have any impact?

Quark

Featured Posts

The Child
2 hours ago, CurlyBae said:

Honestly I don't know. I've never seen anyone in my city talking about Anti or Work. 

You must be +25 then cause I'm 17 and everybody is loving and bopping to this song in high school :saladga:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Child
1 hour ago, Son of ARTPOP said:

Well I could only dream if my peers in my country looked up that much to Gaga as they do to Rihanna. Work is heavy on the radio; I logged onto my FB account 1 hour ago to have 10+ friends who shared the Work video praising her and saying stuff like "she's back!"; I even see some gays on the dating app I use with golden growns on their faces or quote ANTI; last year BBHMM was a must-listen several times when you're in the club, and you can hear at least 4-5 RiRi songs, whereas Gaga is non-existent at this point (and we know that ARTPOP can snatch everyone's weave in the club). So this made me realise that her presence in my country has always been nothing short of HUGE. @melefterov @Yanko @Slavi do you agree with me that there is like a BIG Navy here?

So to answer directly - yes Rihanna has quite an impact around the globe no matter what your definition is. I wish Gaga was as respected and appreciated but she still largely remains a polarising artist even though her impact in your definition is much bigger. When I say I love Gaga I get the stares, when I say I love Rihanna everyone's flocking to chat about ha. :laughga:

Rihanna has a more GP friendly image, she's not "weird" like Gaga.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

1 hour ago, SEVDALIZA said:

Why would a "safe and trendy" song receive widespread universal acclaim, be nominated for a bunch of grammys (and win too), become the most successful song of 2007, spending a few months on the top of the charts worldwide, become one of the most covered songs of all time additionally to it being the most played song on MTV ever and then later on be included in Pazz & Jop's annual list as the 2th best song of 2007 according to music critic's choice & a year later be included on Rolling Stone's top 500 best songs of all time. Why couldn't a different "safe and trendy" song in that year overshadow it then and make a greater impact? I mean, that would have made perfect sense since that song had no merit other than it being safe and trendy, right

Don't get me wrong. Ubrella is definitely Rihanna's best song and it deserves the recognition it had. But it wasn't anything new or experimental.

No, she has zero impact.

Just like Katy.

But at least Rihanna isn't an absolute asshole like Katy.

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

ShockPop
2 hours ago, Enigma said:

I still think Umbrella is her best song. But what was the impact?

She almost drowned everyone in the UK by making it rain for promo.

ShockPop
Just now, Enigma said:

Good one.

I didn't read other responses before replying.

I feel bad.

Let me suck your toes.

We have had extensive discussions on this already. The real answer is: no. HOWEVER, she inspired many fashion designers in their designs. That is her only true impact, no more than that. She is a trend hopper and there is nothing wrong with that. She will get her 14th #1 after all, I wish Gaga was more like her.

5 minutes ago, Pop said:

No, she has zero impact.

Just like Katy.

But at least Rihanna isn't an absolute asshole like Katy.

Katy has impact though.

Last Friday Night used saxophones and went #1. Then, weirdly, The Edge Of Glory had saxophones in it as well. Coincidence? I think not :derpga:

Rihanna songs always play on the radio ,and everyone know the words

She's becoming more boring ,but  her songs are still  playing on the radio.

I don't like her new music. :noparty: 

Lord Temptation
2 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

I see where you're coming from. Like she's been a huge commercial success for 11 years, but pop culturally I feel like she's not this huge icon. Her image isn't as grand as those who have had less success than her. 

Apart from being a beautiful girl with covergirl features, she's not really known for much. Except maybe as a an example of what not to do if you're ever domestically abused by your boyfriend.

Lord Temptation
30 minutes ago, polishwave said:

all of my friends went like crazy when she dropped WFL and accompanying MV and it was like a game changer

also Work is just an amazing bop and the video is awesome too

The video's not even out yet.

Lord Temptation
8 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Katy has impact though.

Last Friday Night used saxophones and went #1. Then, weirdly, The Edge Of Glory had saxophones in it as well. Coincidence? I think not :derpga:

That's true. I never noticed before. Hair also had the saxophone. But I think Gaga influenced Katy too. They both started from different backgrounds, Katy with gospel and Gaga with jazz and then heavy metal.

Archived