Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does Rihanna have any impact?

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

Rihanna has countless #1s, but does she have any actual impact?

I personally feel like she has no iconic moments or performances and she really hasn't influenced anyone else in the music industry. She is constantly popular but very safe and trendy. Overall I just see zero impact.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kvnrp said:

Umbrella had an insane impact tbh :neyde:

But with ANTI, I haven't seen any so far.

I still think Umbrella is her best song. But what was the impact?

darkchylde

Literally everyone's talking about the two video in one thing. Where y'all at? Where y'all at? Where y'all at?

Just now, Enigma said:

Well around the time Umbrella was around,
almost every time some of my friends or I needed to put out an umbrella we sang the chrous (Umbrella-ella-ella-eh-eh)

It was fun :laughga:

So it had some impact in my life at least, I'm sure others did it as well.

The only other songs that had the same effect that come to my head are Bad Romance and maybe, I dont know, Toxic

boobtank
1 minute ago, Enigma said:

It confirmed her role in the pop industry and is regarded as a pop classic tbh

Serendipity
5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

"Rihanna Curse"

The song's reign at number one in the United Kingdom occurred as the country was hit by extreme rainfall and flooding, which led the British national newspaper The Sun to humorously suggest the two events were related, with the media referring to it as the "Rihanna Curse." The tabloid also highlighted the date of the single's video shot which was Friday the 13th (April 13, 2007), adding further coincidence of the curse. Before the single's release on May 14, the temperature in London was relatively high, reaching 20 °C. However, just a day after the release, "severe weather warnings hit the headlines". An article in The Sun urged readers to join the campaign to knock the song off the chart's top spot, suggesting to readers several other songs to download instead, all of which shared the theme of sunshine or summer.

A similar situation occurred in New Zealand, where the song hit number one in the early winter of 2007 as the country was experiencing some of the worst storms in its history.[ During the weather conditions, Taranaki, Tauranga, and Auckland had experienced tornadoes and flooding in the Far North of the country. Once the single was replaced on the top spot, weather conditions throughout New Zealand pacified, although Hawke's Bay was still stormy.

The same happened in Romania where "Umbrella" hit the stations in the nation during the summer. That summer was in its first half the hottest and driest period of time in Romania since 1946. As the song reached the top ten and then its number-one peak, the country experienced the worst storms and most pouring rains in its history. As the song was losing positions in the charts, the storm ended and the temperatures lowered step-by-step.

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

DiscoHeaven23

I see where you're coming from. Like she's been a huge commercial success for 11 years, but pop culturally I feel like she's not this huge icon. Her image isn't as grand as those who have had less success than her. 

1 minute ago, Baby Blue said:

"Rihanna Curse"[edit]

The song's reign at number one in the United Kingdom occurred as the country was hit by extreme rainfall and flooding, which led the British national newspaper The Sun to humorously suggest the two events were related, with the media referring to it as the "Rihanna Curse." The tabloid also highlighted the date of the single's video shot which was Friday the 13th (April 13, 2007), adding further coincidence of the curse.[97] Before the single's release on May 14, the temperature in London was relatively high, reaching 20 °C. However, just a day after the release, "severe weather warnings hit the headlines".[97] An article in The Sun urged readers to join the campaign to knock the song off the chart's top spot, suggesting to readers several other songs to download instead, all of which shared the theme of sunshine or summer.[97]

A similar situation occurred in New Zealand, where the song hit number one in the early winter of 2007 as the country was experiencing some of the worst storms in its history.[98] During the weather conditions, Taranaki, Tauranga, and Auckland had experienced tornadoes and flooding in the Far North of the country. Once the single was replaced on the top spot, weather conditions throughout New Zealand pacified, although Hawke's Bay was still stormy.[98]

The same happened in Romania where "Umbrella" hit the stations in the nation during the summer. That summer was in its first half the hottest and driest period of time in Romania since 1946.[99] As the song reached the top ten and then its number-one peak, the country experienced the worst storms and most pouring rains in its history.[100] As the song was losing positions in the charts, the storm ended and the temperatures lowered step-by-step.[99]

:yay:

1 minute ago, kvnrp said:

Well around the time Umbrella was around,
almost every time some of my friends or I needed to put out an umbrella we sang the chrous (Umbrella-ella-ella-eh-eh)

It was fun :laughga:

So it had some impact in my life at least, I'm sure others did it as well.

The only other songs that had the same effect that come to my head are Bad Romance and maybe, I dont know, Toxic

I meant impact on the music industry/other artists/pop culture.

1 minute ago, boobtank said:

It confirmed her role in the pop industry and is regarded as a pop classic tbh

That is not impact to others though.

boobtank
Just now, Enigma said:

I meant impact on the music industry/other artists/pop culture.

That is not impact to others though.

She's cited as an influence for Azealia Banks :air:

Archived