Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does Rihanna have any impact?

Quark

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, CurlyBae said:

Honestly I don't know. I've never seen anyone in my city talking about Anti or Work. 

Talking about her whole career. Not just Anti.

1 minute ago, Yanko said:

yes. 

What was the impact?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Talking about her whole career. Not just Anti.

What was the impact?

your definition of impact is all over the place,  dont know what will fit you so i wont give you anything more than a yes :) 

fashion monster

Probably a little, but was she aiming to have a cultural impact? I mean, Gaga for example made it clear since the beginning what she wanted to do. I don't follow Rihanna career, but if she simply wanted to make music that people enjoy, she reached her objective, probably to influence pop culture isn't one of her priorities.

Just now, Yanko said:

you definition of impact is all over the place,  dont know what will fit you so i wont give you anything more than a yes :) 

Not really. Impact to me means that she had an effect or influence on the music industry/music/other artists. But is ok if you can't find anything impactful about Rihanna. I couldn't find anything either.

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I meant impact on the music industry/other artists/pop culture.

That is not impact to others though.

Now that I really think about it,
I don't think she had any(one that I could think of).

I even forgot a bit about her until this ANTI mess began.

omg.

bye.

:awkney:

Spoiler

Maybe ANTI was supposed to be the era she wanted to have that kind of impact, but it looks like that doesn't happen. :emma:

1 minute ago, kvnrp said:

Now that I really think about it,
I don't think she had any(one that I could think of).

I even forgot a bit about her until this ANTI mess began.

omg.

bye.

:awkney:

Hide contents

Maybe ANTI was supposed to be the era she wanted to have that kind of impact, but it looks like that doesn't happen. :emma:

Yeah, I feel the same.

Levine

2.3 seconds hit the #1 too, right?

That with Work must be the worst #1s of the decade. So no, at least not anymore (Loudhanna had some impact, but that's it)

Robo Ga

In North America she has been huge, but I think she has had an even bigger cultural impact in other places across the world, people idolize her in countries like Jamaica 

🤖⚡️

1 minute ago, UltralightBeam said:

gaga hasn't made an impact in nearly six years so. 

Is this supposed to mean Rihanna has any impact? lol

venusian

yes but nowhere near as much as michael jackson and other legends

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

SEVDALIZA
46 minutes ago, Enigma said:

o<(0_0)>o

Rihanna has countless #1s, but does she have any actual impact?

I personally feel like she has no iconic moments or performances and she really hasn't influenced anyone else in the music industry. She is constantly popular but very safe and trendy. Overall I just see zero impact.

Rita Ora, Tinashe, Little Mix, Fifth Harmony, Ellie Goulding, Selena Gomez , Willow Smith & Demi Lovato sited her as inspiration and these are only the ones that I'm aware of, I'm sure there's plenty more.

-Honored with the CFDA Fashion Icon Achievement Award (given to her by the fashion industry).
-Was named the most influential pop star in the U.K. (2013).
-Honored with the Icon Award at the AMA's.

-Time named her the most influential  (2012).

-Has some of the biggest and most critically acclaimed pop songs out of all current pop stars (Umbrella, Diamonds etc). Call me when other pop stars make it on lists like the top 500 best songs of all time or have their songs graded as 2th best song of the year according to Pazz & Jop and Acclaimedmusic.

-Spawned several fashion trends throughout her career that influenced street wear.

-Sold over 200 million records (with nearly 40 million of them being albums).

-Her music has popularized rhythmic, monosyllabic hooks in pop.

-She was selling out stadiums all over the world with her last tour.

And for the record, I don't think records like Umbrella, Diamonds, Man Down, most of Rated R & Unapologetic are safe or trendy.

operating from another world

Archived