💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does anybody out-Gaga Gaga?

sexy

Featured Posts

Despite what you may think about him, it's hard to argue Kanye West's influence on the hip hop genre and how he's helped to mold the current batch of artists – from their sound to their look. Likewise, Lady Gaga has had a similar impact on the pop industry.

I was listening to a Childish Gambino album earlier today (Because the Internet) and I realized I liked it more than what Kanye had put out during the same year (Yeezus) and what he has since put out (The Life of Pablo). Now, of course you can like one artist's album more than another and it doesn't mean that that artist is superior to the original – but I also feel that Gambino's effort was significantly better in what can be called Kanye's vein of artistry. He out-Kanye'd Kanye (for that era of albums, at least). That's not to say Yeezus was terrible – it's just a stylistic break from his previous albums, similar to Born This Way and TF/M. 

So then I was curious to ask here, is there any artist (obscure, well-known, whatever) that you think out-Gaga'd Gaga? Anyone who you think did an album/song that was stylistically better or sonically worthier in the style Gaga popularized than what Gaga put out herself? Maybe even in terms of fashion, rather than music? 

In my opinion, and feel free to disagree, "King" by Years and Years is a Gaga-esque synthpop song that I prefer to many of the songs on ARTPOP. 

Electra Heart, by Marina and the Diamonds, I prefer to Born This Way. Considering she recorded it when Gaga was exploding, I can't help but feel she was (at least partially) inspired and took The Fame one step farther – it feels like an extension of The Fame/Monster to me. 

Dangerous Man

Yes

Spoiler

Lady Gaga herself and the only that can out-Gaga Gaga.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

SISTERV

Fashion wise: FKA Twiggs, Brooke Candy, recent Miley Cyrus

Vocally: no. Gaga has an extremely diverse range that I haven't seen anyone be able to show

Sonically: Pretty much 90% of pop music today tries to imitate The Fame or The Fame Monster 

Politically: although many female musicians were champions for feminism and gay rights before Gaga, I feel that much of the lingo artists like Kesha, Demi Lovato, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift use to show fan appreciation, talk about gay issues, is straight out of the Monster Ball-Born This Way era book. 

All in all: no one has truly out Gaga'd Gaga because she is her own creative force. There is no other pop star today as well rounded and "the full package" as much as Lady Gaga. Some artists are good at writing. Some are great vocalists. Some can cross genres. Some can dance extremely well. Some can make bold political statements. Some know how to make visual masterpieces for videos. Some dress in a particular way that people find worthy of conversation. But Lady Gaga is good at all of that, and rarely misses a step live. This is why people have had to knock her for being "weird", saying she has a penis, saying she emulates Madonna too much, saying she is everywhere, saying she tries too hard, etc.....because they can't knock her for being Gaga really, or anything that would actually matter like her vocals, dancing, songwriting, intelligence, influence. She has already proven herself in all the categories that matter. 

ChicaSkas

Cher is the only one I can think of, or Grace Jones.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

3 minutes ago, ChicaSkas said:

Cher is the only one I can think of, or Grace Jones.

I'm assuming they meant recent examples.

Archived