đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Which Gaga is vocally better?

Xardas

Featured Posts

Till 2013 many little monsters were wondering if Gaga's vocals has got worse, weaker and lower since 2006. There is a huge difference between her vocals from e.g Captivated/Electric Kiss and from 2008's performances. I was worried whether she is still capable of hitting such great high notes (F#5s from No Floods, G5/G#5 from Electric Kiss) until during the ARTPOP era she has hit some brief F#5s and (just) one sustained short F5. We all know that her vocals have grown and developed significantly, but I still wonder if she is able to hit some powerful sustained upper belts. Her range and tone in 2006 really seemed to be a 100% soprano. After 2008 she was considered as a contralto, lyric mezzo and now I read some opinions that she is a dramatic soprano (which flatters me) but her voice is really different. She shines in mid-belts but avoids sustained upper belts. So the question is if she really developed her voice to the level she used to have or she really has lost some of her range, power and agility and because of sth? And do you think that 2016's Gaga is better than Stefani form 2006? (I'm stressing that I'm not a vocal expert, just a person who likes and is interested in this subject.)

Her amazing performance with many upper belts (G#5)

A grat vid with her recent vocal range (F#5/G5)

What do you think guys?

IG: @bartoszprazuch

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phoenix

well idk but i know that imo her vocals were the best at around 2011 when she was promoting marry the night and stuff 

đź’Ž

2006 was her vocal prime. Her Belts were amazing her vocal tone was so good. The Vocals were worthy to put up against Mariah. For me, her Vocals are WAY too classical now (her vibrato during the national anthem was great and controlled but it sounded TOO controlled for me) and her vocal tone is dark now (because of drugs and smoking).

IDK, I miss the higher belt Gaga.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Fiona Apple
8 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

well idk but i know that imo her vocals were the best at around 2011 when she was promoting marry the night and stuff 

I agree but I'd say her performing skills. She was able to dance and sing FLAWLESSLY at the same time.

6 minutes ago, Noahhh said:

2006 was her vocal prime. Her Belts were amazing her vocal tone was so good. The Vocals were worthy to put up against Mariah. For me, her Vocals are WAY too classical now (her vibrato during the national anthem was great and controlled but it sounded TOO controlled for me) and her vocal tone is dark now (because of drugs and smoking).

Do you think that drugs/smoking could reduced her vocal abilities? 

malazam

The voice needs to be trained so she's doing other type of music now, more classical stuff, if she wants to go back to that she just needs to practice it and all done.

another shot before we kiss the other side

Katie14

Her voice was clearer in 2006 and she didn't sound strained at all. I think it is possible for her to sound like that again because she did for the Oscar's last year. Even during her best vocal performances, like the National Anthem, I can tell she is straining slightly when she belts in her upper range. She doesn't sound as effortless as she used to. Its probably a combination of, aging, drinking, smoking, overworking, lack of vocal rest, being bulimic in the past, also I think she might have acid reflux ( I remember she emptied her purse in an interview and there was acid reflux medicine in there)

Angel Down
11 minutes ago, Noahhh said:

But I adore the fact that her voice sounds dark. 
I don't really think it's because of drugs or something. That can be repaired since she's still young 

2 minutes ago, malazam said:

The voice needs to be trained so she's doing other type of music now, more classical stuff, if she wants to go back to that she just needs to practice it and all done.

I hope ur right. But her tone in upper belts has changed as well. The notes were more clear and resonant. Look to the videos I've embedded.

7 minutes ago, Xardas said:

Do you think that drugs/smoking could reduced her vocal abilities? 

We all know that during 'The Fame Monster', Gaga smoked a lot. During ARTPOP she used drugs such as Cannabis. Drugs dry out the lungs and irritate the Vocal Chords. The F#5 she hits in DWUW sounds super strained and she never hit that one sustained, while when we look at the other Video, she even did a G#5 run without any strained sound. Right now I think Gagas best Belts are until C5, everything above starts sounding strained or pitchy. If she wants to recover hit great G#5 belts again, she would need to practice more and be on Vocal Rest a lot. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

6 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

Her voice was clearer in 2006 and she didn't sound strained at all. I think it is possible for her to sound like that again because she did for the Oscar's last year. Even during her best vocal performances, like the National Anthem, I can tell she is straining slightly when she belts in her upper range. She doesn't sound as effortless as she used to. Its probably a combination of, aging, drinking, smoking, overworking, lack of vocal rest, being bulimic in the past, also I think she might have acid reflux ( I remember she emptied her purse in an interview and there was acid reflux medicine in there)

This. 

But she's working on her higher belting again (at least it seems to me like she does). I hope she'll take more vocal rest from now on until the Era starts so then she can hit out higher belts again.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

1 minute ago, Noahhh said:

We all know that during 'The Fame Monster', Gaga smoked a lot. During ARTPOP she used drugs such as Cannabis. Drugs dry out the lungs and irritate the Vocal Chords. The F#5 she hits in DWUW sounds super strained and she never hit that one sustained, while when we look at the other Video, she even did a G#5 run without any strained sound. Right now I think Gagas best Belts are until C5, everything above starts sounding strained or pitchy. If she wants to recover hit great G#5 belts again, she would need to more practice and be on Vocal Rest a lot. 

I disagree. Her C#5s, D5s, even E5s are great. Just check TIHTY climaxes or 1:25 , 1:35 , 6:04 , 6:10 , 6:16 , 10:16 , 10:30 form giga paposhvili's great video which I've shared.

6 minutes ago, Black Salvatore said:

But I adore the fact that her voice sounds dark. 
I don't really think it's because of drugs or something. That can be repaired since she's still young 

They irritate the Vocal Chords a lot, and if she smoked 10 joints a day during the Hip Era, like she stated then it would be normal for her voice to become even more darker. But I agree, that it can be 'repaired' with a lot of Vocal Rest and training. (I mean look at 2008 Mariah Carey)

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

I love when Gaga plays with her vocal spectrum, she should keep that. I love her dark smokey voice very much, it's very unqiue, like on Firefly :applause:

But i also like her brighter voice like for example in the simpsons episode, she sounds great there :applause:

WhoAskedOpinions
3 minutes ago, Noahhh said:

We all know that during 'The Fame Monster', Gaga smoked a lot. During ARTPOP she used drugs such as Cannabis. Drugs dry out the lungs and irritate the Vocal Chords. The F#5 she hits in DWUW sounds super strained and she never hit that one sustained, while when we look at the other Video, she even did a G#5 run without any strained sound. Right now I think Gagas best Belts are until C5, everything above starts sounding strained or pitchy. If she wants to recover hit great G#5 belts again, she would need to practice more and be on Vocal Rest a lot. 

When she quit smoking and drinking for her Oscar performance she was at her best in the past few years. I just don't see why she had to continue after. You think after proving to herself that she can do amazing things without the drugs and alcohol she'd stop for good. Drinking is fine, just the smoking is so damaging and it makes me feel so bad that she doesn't quit. It's her body and she can do what she wants but you can't say I can't worry about her health.

@WhoAskedOpinions - Rates, reviews, and rankings of music and TV shows

Archived