💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Losing Respect for Beyonce/Taylor

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

EDIT: I am VERY happy to hear that Taylor has donated to Kesha. I feel my respect for her returned. This post wasn't about bashing either girl, though some twisted my words to make it sound that way. It was simply to convey how I was feeling, without trying to get you guys to feel how I felt, in order to create a dialogue. It was an opinion post and as such, I don't regret the post at all because it was an expression of my thoughts. 

Also, some have said i wanted them to tweet, i said speak out lol, just to clarify.

I have to say, I've lost some respect for both Beyonce and Taylor Swift. I feel that if you build your brand on feminism and talk about how you're such a feminist, you should act by those words. I don't expect it, I just would hope that would be the case. Its disappointing to me that neither of them has spoken out in support of Kesha. I don't care that Beyonce is under Sony. If she's this Godly person that everyone makes her out to be, including her PR team, then that shouldn't matter. I single these two women out, not just because of their "feminist values", but because they're also female singers in the industry. I feel like there needs to be that united front. I'm very happy that Demi Lovato spoke up last night about this. I'm a fan of both Beyonce and Taylor, but I'm having some doubts about that now. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jojo Freud

Honestly, its true though. Where are they, why are they staying completely quite? This is a major situation and no comment at all. Seems like most things in the music industry, feminism is just a marketing tactic for these artists. 

EDIT: It seems as if taylor swift has donated $250,000 to kesha, showing support

HEARTHUNTER

Great thread to be honest. It's cool to use feminism for your brand but when actual issues are brought up you don't say anything about them. I wonder if these girls know what feminism even is.

PopReaper

Beyoncé's account has 8 tweets and the last one is from 2013. idk why anyone would expect her to tweet something about it tbh :rip:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

I have never really been bothered about either Beyonce or Taylor they don't come across as very likeable to me I think Beyonce seems to look down on people and Taylor seems to have lost her way and lost her musical talents and seems to do what people want of her more than showcasing her artistic talents

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, PopReaper said:

Beyoncé's account has 8 tweets and the last one is from 2013. idk why anyone would expect her to tweet something about it tbh :rip:

She doesn't have to tweet, there are other ways to communicate in this world

They have no reason to ignore Kesha's situation other than they don't want to say anything. They are so stablished and powerful, it's not like Sony is gonna drop them and they will live under the bridge, there is a point you reach that when you lose "everything" you are still gonna be rich af. 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Brooke Hoegan

I guess Beyonce is now a black voice / race equality warrior only :neyde:

Taylor is just... does she have any real social power anyway ?

Dominic

1) It has nothing to do with them. 

2) We have no idea if they have contacted her privately.  

3) Are we going to blame every single woman who doesn't speak out publicly?

4) It's just a tweet. You're losing sight of the actual issue. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

1 minute ago, PopReaper said:

She's active on instagram as far as I know

3 minutes ago, Brooke Hoegan said:

Taylor is just... does she have any real social power anyway ?

She's a feminist whenever it is convenient to her

Illuminati

What if they reached out to her privately? As you said Bey is under Sony so it's understandable why she maybe can't speak publicly about it. Maybe it's in her contract not to do that? You can't just attack them for it without knowing the situation

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, Dominic Marc said:

1) It has nothing to do with them. 

2) We have no idea if they have contacted her privately.  

3) Are we going to blame every single woman who doesn't speak out publicly?

So you wouldn't have any desire to help the starving children in Africa who have nothing to do with you? 

Speaking to Kesha privately is not going to help the matter, the point of speaking out is to display support to show SONY and other companies that they will not stand for this. 

We're not blaming every woman, were talking about the feminist, female singers that have a huge presence in the industry. 

Archived