Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Plastic surgery is the main threat to the era (in my opinion)

Pop

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Her doctor may do fat transfer procedures, but he also does other procedures. Gaga didn't have a period of time in which she had significant swelling and bruising. She didn't have anything permanent done. 

She was obsessed with something at a time she was severely depressed. Now, she has gotten help and is on medication to help her with her depression and anxiety. She's at a completely different place in her life right now and so us her mind. 

Why am I not worried? Because the majority of celebrities are getting fillers and Botox. In fact, the majority of people in the public eye or who deal with the public, or who just want to erase some wrinkles are getting these temporary procedures done. Grandparents, parents, young adults, young professionals, doctors, lawyers, newscasters, teachers, doctors, nurses.....are getting Botox and Juviderm. This has become as common as going to the tanning bed was years ago. At least Gaga is going to one of the best and not some corner shop like she was doing and like most people do. At least she is going to a doctor with a good reputation, experience and safety precautions! 

But Gaga's cheeks looked exactly like the before & after pics on his insta. Maybe it's not "fat transphers" and I'm mixed up, but I remember it was more than juvaderm.

I agree that most people do get injections, especially in LA/people in the public eye. That's normal in society now. But it's not just a little botox for frown lines or some juva for plumper lips anymore :/ She really can't make facial expressions and her skin looks like wax. It looks exactly like skin that's had too much botox. It does wear off if you don't get injected a ton, but once you get to a certain point you have to keep getting those injections done or else they sag your face because they don't age the same way our skin does. Like I said, if she was just doing a few little touch ups, it wouldn't be concerning me & quite a few other fans. but In the last few months she's done *alot* in a short amount of time and it's concerning. 

I sure hope she's actually happy now, but remember she has a tendency to say how happy she is during a period, then in the future say she was actually quite depressed at the time. Sometimes I wonder if she's as well now as she claims. People with money and addictive personalities do stuff like this in response to a larger issue. It is her face, she can do what she wants. That doesn't mean we can't disagree with it and be concerned about what's motivating her to do it.

kiss kiss

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering
2 minutes ago, Church said:

But Gaga's cheeks looked exactly like the before & after pics on his insta. Maybe it's not "fat transphers" and I'm mixed up, but I remember it was more than juvaderm.

I agree that most people do get injections, especially in LA/people in the public eye. That's normal in society now. But it's not just a little botox for frown lines or some juva for plumper lips anymore :/ She really can't make facial expressions and her skin looks like wax. It looks exactly like skin that's had too much botox. It does wear off if you don't get injected a ton, but once you get to a certain point you have to keep getting those injections done or else they sag your face because they don't age the same way our skin does. Like I said, if she was just doing a few little touch ups, it wouldn't be concerning me & quite a few other fans. but In the last few months she's done *alot* in a short amount of time and it's concerning. 

I sure hope she's actually happy now, but remember she has a tendency to say how happy she is during a period, then in the future say she was actually quite depressed at the time. Sometimes I wonder if she's as well now as she claims. People with money and addictive personalities do stuff like this in response to a larger issue. It is her face, she can do what she wants. That doesn't mean we can't disagree with it and be concerned about what's motivating her to do it.

I think you are mixed up. Fat transfers are more complicated and they take recovery time. 

Gaga has the right medicine now and is actively pursuing a more healthy lifestyle. She has been taking time to be with family, friends and Taylor. She has a beautiful, peaceful home and has made new friends in LA. She is spending time doing the things that make her happy and make her feel at peace. She certainly seems to be taking the right steps to stay physically and mentally healthy. I'm not concerned that she is using temporary fillers, like everyone else in the entertainment business. 

She says, "They're not prosthetics. They're my bones.They've always been inside of me, but I have been waiting for the right time to reveal to the universe who I truly am,"

says Gaga, adding, "They come out when I'm inspired."

-Harpers Bazaar Interview 2011

gaga_28329.png

#CaseClosed

ChicaSkas
3 hours ago, Whispering said:

Do something about it then! You are a mod. We close down discussion on "who raped Gaga" because it is repetitive, none of our business, and never ends well...yet we leave **** like this open! If someone were to go open a thread every week in the Entertainment Talk section about Lana's weight gain, Rihanna' thighs and belly, Nicki's fake boobs and butt, Ariana's questionable weight loss or Madonna's weird looking arms and legs....do you think it would get closed down? Of course they would...but these same type of threads and comments are allowed about Gaga every single day of the year! 

Look, I left it open to allow free speech, because Ive closed these types of threads before and I get howlers from members who tell me I am squashing free speech. I get where you are coming from, but we do try to allow discussion where we can. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ChicaSkas

@Zilla @Kayla your thoughts?

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

24 minutes ago, reidorox said:

She says, "They're not prosthetics. They're my bones.They've always been inside of me, but I have been waiting for the right time to reveal to the universe who I truly am,"

says Gaga, adding, "They come out when I'm inspired."

-Harpers Bazaar Interview 2011

gaga_28329.png

#CaseClosed

It looks exactly like first stadium of BTW bones. This photo is so scary, she looks creepy at it, even thoug the eye and lip makeup is perfect. I hope it will disappear soon and she will never do it again

IG: @bartoszprazuch

27 minutes ago, ChicaSkas said:

@Zilla @Kayla your thoughts?

1. The whole yelling at a mod to do something has to stop. If you have an issue, don't talk down to the mod team because you don't agree with what is opened or closed. Let's talk like adults here and not kick and scream.

2. As Chica said, we get crucified every time we keep something open or closed. If we close something we are attacked for limiting free speech and we are compared to nazis. If we keep something open, we are attacked for letting pseudo "hate speech" or "negativity" (which is nothing but constructive criticism about 85% of the time) happen and that we don't care.

3. You really can't stop people from talking. We can't sit here all day telling people that they can't discuss something or what-not, you guys can make threads on whatever you want within reason. This thread, although it's about her plastic surgery, was a well-constructed opinion and we can't censor an opinion if it's well thought out.

Only reason why I can see closing this thread is for the off topic posts of people complaining about the thread topic. We close threads on a case-by-case basis, there's no set formula to the procedure.

Of course if anyone has an issue with a thread, they are more than welcome to report the thread and we will come to a consensus on the thread itself or they can also leave the thread and read the hundreds of other threads that have nothing to do with this topic at hand. 

I do understand the concerns, but we can't close every thread every time someone has a complaint, we would have no threads to talk in. 

If anyone has any direct issues, feel free to PM me and we will talk there. Until then, keep the thread on topic for now. Thanks!

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

(In case if someone would like to complain on my comments) I didn't use the word "creepy" or "scary" to insult her, at all. When I consider my photo as ugly i use the same words too. I could be scared bacause this modifications look harmful, unnatural and bizarre. If it was some special make-up just like in BTW era, I would mind, but for God's sake, she is only 29/30, beautiful and she can ruin her face (which in these vain and cruel times is very important for public person)

8 hours ago, Himeros26 said:

Everyone's forgetting her surgery free lip plumping method she began during ahs apparently. 

I'm sure Gaga uses all natural methods of "changing" her faces. If she went under the knife, wouldn't she be gone for a couple of months to heal? Also, her weight fluctuates and it tends to mostly be around her head area. Just leave her alone, y'all need to chill lol.

She really does carry her weight in her face. When I met her at the BTWB I was surprised by how big and round her face looked! I know my face really fluctuates too - sometimes it looks so round, other times I'm like "Hey! I have cheek bones!" and the change happens in less than a week. 

Our faces "bloat" like our bellies, I guess. :P

Add that to the fact that Gaga uses face tape and great makeup techniques and it's not hard to writeoff a lot of this as that. 

However, someone posted a video where Gaga's face...wasn't moving. And even her mouth movements seemed off- that I find alarming and concerning. That I don't think we could write off as "face tape." 

Regarding her Super Bowl look, I think the reason why she looked much older than she actually is all comes down to the styling. The hair style was not youthful, nor was her makeup choices. I think she intentionally wanted to make herself look older and more mature, so she pushed aside any youthful styles for hair, makeup, and clothing. 

6 hours ago, giskardsb said:

If you want the media to pick it up as a story, make sure you continue to complain 24/7 so it shows up as a top story from GagaDaily when someone googles Gaga. It's embarrassing what stories show up from this site like that.

This is something I am genuinely concerned about. :/ I don't want to limit our speech, especially considering that I think majority of this thread is actually a very civil discourse, but I also feel that of ALL the things we could focus on and be seen for discussing, this topic probably isn't the best....

Iwontell

Dude...whatever happened to empathy...

There's a human being there, you know, who's probably just as insecure about her looks as ALL OF US...except this person has to walk the tightrope to compete with the super sexualized and fvckable Katys and Rihannas while also trying to stay true to herself and not alter her face beyond recognition...and all that publicly, reading the "she doesn't look good enough to be on TV, she should have something done" or the "what has she done to her face?" comments...

Try putting yourselves in other people's shoes once in a while...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

1 minute ago, Iwontell said:

Dude...whatever happened to empathy...

There's a human being there, you know, who's probably just as insecure about her looks as ALL OF US...except this person has to walk the tightrope to compete with the super sexualized and fvckable Katys and Rihannas while also trying to stay true to herself and not alter her face beyond recognition...and all that publicly, reading the "she doesn't look good enough to be on TV" and the "what has she done to her face?" comments...

Try putting yourselves in other people's shoes once in a while...

But we are constantly saying that SHE IS F*CKIN BEAUTIFUL for us AS SHE IS and she doesn't need to change because it all is going wrong and after she realises that it can be too late and the she'll be even more insecure, depressed and regretful about what she has done do herself. Her look now is fine (not the best, but not the worst), but I believe that all of these complains about her look is to express worry about what she can do herself in the future

Iwontell
8 minutes ago, Xardas said:

But we are constantly saying that SHE IS F*CKIN BEAUTIFUL for us AS SHE IS and she doesn't need to change because it all is going wrong and after she realises that it can be too late and the she'll be even more insecure, depressed and regretful about what she has done do herself. Her look now is fine (not the best, but not the worst), but I believe that all of these complains about her look is to express worry about what she can do herself in the future

But we all know how compliments and offenses regarding someone's appearance, specially if the person has self-image issues, have very different impacts...so it doesn't really matter how many "yas, Gaga, you look so good" she hears in a day, it doesn't "balance out" the often harsh criticism...and all the stuff she has done, the injections she took, is temporary...as is the tape she uses now and then for an award show or an appearance (she's not using 7 days a week for long hours, which is the kind of use that causes damage).

The kind of comments I see here are not helping at all...it's the kind of "well intentioned" comments that prompted MJ to almost destroy himself...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Archived