💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga's NA Appraised

BestFriend

Featured Posts

MonsterMum
9 minutes ago, LeoFameMonster said:

ok you have your interpretation and I have mine. I understood the criticism and you take it as praise. END OF! that's all....

You know what it is, our culture is pedantic that way. Technicians want anyone that take on a classical piece to sound exactly like the maker intended it. Which is why we have so many pianists study for so long on pieces of Bach and Chopin for example. Other cultures love it if you take a song and turn it your own way into something epic as in a form of highest praise. I guess the regular people these days are a mix of both, they love it as long as it still respects the original piece. I know you didn't ask for my opinion but I thought I'd give you some background into why she got the response she got.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LeoFameMonster
1 minute ago, MonsterMum said:

You know what it is, our culture is pedantic that way. Technicians want anyone that take on a classical piece to sound exactly like the maker intended it. Which is why we have so many pianists study for so long on pieces of Bach and Chopin for example. Other cultures love it if you take a song and turn it your own way into something epic as in a form of highest praise. I guess the regular people these days are a mix of both, they love it as long as it still respects the original piece. I know you didn't ask for my opinion but I thought I'd give you some background into why she got the response she got.

I didn't ask for your opinion..... but you have the right to share it and I am glad you did. I appreciate your info. and it sheds light to this topic. Your quite smart, i guess i understand it more so. thanks for sharing hun

Judas Oyster
1 hour ago, LeoFameMonster said:

the shade, I guess shes now the biggest star in the world again cause it is cool to hate on her..... GO gaga

"this performance of America’s favourite patriotic song could have been even more effective" RIP for those who think this article is praise lol

It IS praise, but they are giving constructive criticism to how make it even more effective.

I actually agree that the small pauses were a little turn off/not needed. Only bc of the loudness of the stadium. The intention was to have silent but that can't be done with so many people and other noises there

LeoFameMonster
7 minutes ago, Judas Oyster said:

It IS praise, but they are giving constructive criticism to how make it even more effective.

I actually agree that the small pauses were a little turn off/not needed. Only bc of the loudness of the stadium. The intention was to have silent but that can't be done with so many people and other noises there

but wait I loved the pause because we got to hear monsters screaming for her lol also I think she might need a pause to inhale for the powerhouse vocals she produced. But i guess your right it is constructive

Judas Oyster
9 minutes ago, LeoFameMonster said:

but wait I loved the pause because we got to hear monsters screaming for her lol also I think she might need a pause to inhale for the powerhouse vocals she produced. But i guess your right it is constructive

That's a good point too tho'

I just remember it as two pauses, one of them was fitting but the other one felt too long for me:d

Sizzily

the shade, I guess shes now the biggest star in the world again cause it is cool to hate on her..... GO gaga

"this performance of America’s favourite patriotic song could have been even more effective" RIP for those who think this article is praise lol

"But she is a sincere and compelling artist" Not everything is "shade", darling. :awkney:

One Banned Boi

AquaFire Witch

I kinda agree. They made sure to acknowledge that she has a powerful voice but then they said she could have done better. :dry:

I say… and this is just ME! Sporting fans aren’t attending an Opera. They want heart and soul when you sing their beloved Anthem. Gaga brought just that. People should be glad that we have a pop star like Lady Gaga who does have so much classical training that she does pay so much attention to detail with these notes. And like I say the big factor was making it traditional as possible. People like traditional and that is why she is getting the huge praise she’s getting from all across the board.

All of the conservative radio talk shows were playing it for their listeners this morning. :wub:

She won over legends of people, but then we gotta get all technical. I’m not even trying to think of that lol. 

I guess the experts just want to pick it apart and I guess that's OK because over-all everyone seemed to love it so this doesn't hurt her.  

LeoFameMonster
Just now, Judas Oyster said:

That's a good point too tho'

I just remember it as two pauses, one of them was fitting but the other one felt too long for me:d

thanks boo, but really u clocked the pauses, I was way way to inlove with it to realize pauses. I looked at it about 50 times and I love the pauses because its build up. you really thought it was tooo long? I guesss I can see that lol every pause should be filled with Gaga, not like we have an album to listen to lol

LeoFameMonster
7 minutes ago, Sizzliy said:

"But she is a sincere and compelling artist" Not everything is "shade", darling. :awkney:

this performance of America’s favorite patriotic song could have been even more effective.

2843ab80a1bd536274a1673e42a59b50.gif

Judas Oyster
4 minutes ago, LeoFameMonster said:

thanks boo, but really u clocked the pauses, I was way way to inlove with it to realize pauses. I looked at it about 50 times and I love the pauses because its build up. you really thought it was tooo long? I guesss I can see that lol every pause should be filled with Gaga, not like we have an album to listen to lol

First stop is 2 seconds between 1:19-1:21, that was good and short.

Second stop is 5 seconds long, between 2:05 and 2:10, and that felt for me too long yes (timed the video below)

BUT OVERALL this is just something that doesn't mean much, the critics had to point it out. The performance was pretty perfect bc she chose to do that, so it was nothing "wrong". It's just about taste :D

LeoFameMonster
9 minutes ago, bombshell2nite said:

I kinda agree. They made sure to acknowledge that she has a powerful voice but then they said she could have done better. :dry:

I say… and this is just ME! Sporting fans aren’t attending an Opera. They want heart and soul when you sing their beloved Anthem. Gaga brought just that. People should be glad that we have a pop star like Lady Gaga who does have so much classical training that she does pay so much attention to detail with these notes. And like I say the big factor was making it traditional as possible. People like traditional and that is why she is getting the huge praise she’s getting from all across the board.

All of the conservative radio talk shows were playing it for their listeners this morning. :wub:

She won over legends of people, but then we gotta get all technical. I’m not even trying to think of that lol. 

I guess the experts just want to pick it apart and I guess that's OK because over-all everyone seemed to love it so this doesn't hurt her.  

one hyped about the stations playing it

2, your right it does seem odd to praise her and then tear her down in the same article. I mean technically she hit opera notes but who knows why they want to pick and choose and find flaws?

3. Monsters paws up

LeoFameMonster
1 minute ago, Judas Oyster said:

First stop is 2 seconds between 1:19-1:21, that was good and short.

Second stop is 5 seconds long, between 2:05 and 2:10, and that felt for me too long yes (timed the video below)

BUT OVERALL this is just something that doesn't mean much, the critics had to point it out. The performance was pretty perfect bc she chose to do that, so it was nothing "wrong". It's just about taste :D

agree 100

we and the world stilll stan for it......

pauses are not relevant in a performance that profound

Sizzily
12 minutes ago, LeoFameMonster said:

this performance of America’s favorite patriotic song could have been even more effective.

2843ab80a1bd536274a1673e42a59b50.gif

They didn't lie. It could have but it was still great. I think just one less run could have put it past Whitney's.

One Banned Boi

Dramatic soprano? I was sure she was a mezzo. Wow! She has already shown her power and resonance. It's time to show the range!

IG: @bartoszprazuch

giskardsb
4 hours ago, whipopotamus said:

She sang it at her own tempo... which is common in Jazz which is why her piano player was so  good at following her because isn't he part of the Brian Newman trio/quartet? 

Yep. Alex has worked with her a ton so he is very attuned to following Gaga. Not "lucky" at all, and probably why Gaga chose Alex. She does like her dramatic pauses. 

Archived