đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is it just me or Beyonce's fans are racist af?

Fiona Apple

Featured Posts

Sudarshana

It seems like double standards really upset you, but just accept the reality that black people are to be treated like sacred cows and cannot be told any negative things to, even if they are being racist themselves. I don't know, if special treatment is what they want, I'm cool with that. There are people who constantly offend others but get really рissed when somebody criticizes them. It's cool, just don't be that person yourself  :nick:

Nous sommes tous obligés, pour rendre la réalité supportable, d'entretenir en nous quelques petites folies. — Marcel Proust

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiona Apple
1 hour ago, ashamednudist said:

not just past is horrible, yesterday was today is horrible also thats way i said ferguson and police shootings which you are ignoring.  this shows racism is alive. thats why everybody talks about it so damn much. 

this thread not including respect and you started is for sure..

Huh? I never said that racism is dead :emma: It's just that I hate that when black people do it ,it's totally okay but when white people do it it's horrible. OBVIOUSLY black people are getting more racism and they are facing more problems.But that doesn't mean anything.We all MUST have respect

1 minute ago, CurlyBae said:

Isn't racism judging someone based on his/her color or race?

I think nowadays people are trying to expand the definition of racism to mean that it is prejudice with power. So you can be prejudiced, but you're not racist unless your prejudice prevents someone from succeeding. 

So when it comes to whether or not black people can be racist, neither side is wrong - it all boils down to how the individual person is choosing to view the perceived power behind the word 'racism.'

Fiona Apple
1 minute ago, Kayla said:

I think nowadays people are trying to expand the definition of racism to mean that it is prejudice with power. So you can be prejudiced, but you're not racist unless your prejudice prevents someone from succeeding. 

So when it comes to whether or not black people can be racist, neither side is wrong - it all boils down to how the individual person is choosing to view the perceived power behind the word 'racism.'

Well tbh who cares if it's called "racism" or just "prejudice".. It's horrible anyway. :crossed:

Monster2015

well destiny's child started out appealing to R&B and soul-ish genres. Beyonce branched off into still R&B and had a major following with African-Americans since the very beginning of her career. So in a way, I'm not too suprised and I think some of beyonce's fans are very biased (and I am a HUGE BEY STAN!)

5 hours ago, jojo Freud said:

You know why I don't care that I'm called a white **** or whatever, because I am white. I don't have to deal with the struggles that black people have to deal with just because my ancestors decided oh look at my skin tone I'm superior now. It annoys me when other white people complain about someone saying some comment about them being white. Come back and complain when there is literally a campaign to stop officers shooting at you, when others races completely avoid you e.g. crossing on the other side of the street, when you're automately accused of stealing. White people don't have to deal with any of this. 

My stepmom ran a kid's clothing store and literally told me that she instructs her staff to keep an eye on black people who come in the store because she's afraid they'll steal something. :smh:

When I questioned her on it she said "Black people dress their kids up in that FUBU and Tommy Hilfiger. If they're coming into Gymboree it's probably because they're trying to steal things to sell online for money."

2 minutes ago, CurlyBae said:

Well tbh who cares if it's called "racism" or just "prejudice".. It's horrible anyway. :crossed:

True. I think people in the black community and people advocating for the black community get frustrated though because when the issue of racism comes up there is a group of white people who always gotta come out like "But what about racism against white people?!" 

And it's like...oh, how funny. All of a sudden you feel the need to talk about the racism you notice towards white people? Why didn't you feel the need to stand up for yourself before?

White people usually don't feel the need to talk about reverse racism and how black people can be racist/prejudice unless someone brings up struggles black people face.
It reeks of "But what about ME?!" It sends the message of "I don't want to listen to what you have to say until you address MY problems!"

And maybe that's not everyone's intention, but that's sure as hell how it tends to come off. We've had our time to succeed and be heard for our views- it's not going to hurt us to let black people have the stage for a while on certain issues. I think we need to give them the opportunity to speak out, to be heard, and then constructively take the stage together. We need to let people have a respected voice in the issue before we can move past it, and this means sometimes stepping back and legitimately trying to understand. 

venusfly
5 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

Your post doesn't deserve to be the last on the page.  One of the few posts on this thread that actually speaks sense.  

Finally somebody who agrees.

I will always do my best to show support for any movement that brings equality in our society but I believe things have gone too far, I see people being told not to vote for Bernie Sanders because he is white and that makes him inherently racist and privileged, I saw white people being bashed daily on tumblr for attending black lives matter movements because its not their movement to attend to. Every time I make an argument that we should be cooperating I get a white tears picture at me or get mocked with the 'not all white people' messages. We'll never see true equality if we can't work together.

18 minutes ago, Kayla said:

People are trying to define it like that to excuse their actions...

People have justified all sorts of things. In fact, there has never been something in history that at least one group of people didn't try to justify. Just because they are attempting to justify it doesn't make them right.

Saying that you can't be racist unless you are white is beyond stupid. But people will still say it to justify their actions.

venusfly

Whether its called racism or prejudice is really a non issue, its a diversion from the actual topic at hand.

4 hours ago, Bebe said:

Can I just add to this conversation that these lines I bolded sound very much like "If black people want respect, they better respect the white man first!" which is a sort of uncomfortable thing to be said, putting it lightly.

I really don't know what you both mean by it? The generalisations are real, but beyond that people deserve a basic level of dignity and respect and black people are not an exception.

It sounds like you are saying "Black people call white people cracker so they don't deserve respect. If they want racism to end, it has to start with black people refusing to call white people names" which is a little ridiculous.

It would be nice to have those comments more clearly clarified.

Exactly. This is what I was referencing in a previous post as well. There are a lot of white people who seem to disregard what black people have been saying for decades and hiding their desire to not understand as "Well, first black people need to...."

4 hours ago, Naufri said:

The racism towards black people is not something of two centuries ago, it's happening now in a lot of different ways honey. Racism is a TODAY problem.

That being said, black people hating the entire white race, something that I think is a very small minority, it's not justified, nor sensible, nor positive. We need to not mistake hating the racism, or the privileges of white people, or even hating the white racist people, and standing loud against it, with hating the white race as a whole.

It's hard to accept that we as a men, and as white people are privileged, and that have a lot of prejudices, and racist behaviors that we don't know we have. You think being a white homo boy is tough? try to be a black lesbian woman and see what life have to offer...

This is a very good point I never considered. I do see how many comments can come off as racist/prejudice against white people, but in reality are targeted at white privilege specifically. It's an important thing to consider. Thank you for pointing this out. :)

11 minutes ago, mgreg said:

Finally somebody who agrees.

I will always do my best to show support for any movement that brings equality in our society but I believe things have gone too far, I see people being told not to vote for Bernie Sanders because he is white and that makes him inherently racist and privileged, I saw white people being bashed daily on tumblr for attending black lives matter movements because its not their movement to attend to. Every time I make an argument that we should be cooperating I get a white tears picture at me or get mocked with the 'not all white people' messages. We'll never see true equality if we can't work together.

You're pulling out extremes, and rare ones at that. People being told not to vote Bernie because he's white? I have literally NEVER heard someone say that. I have, however, heard WAY more people talk about Obama's skin color as a reason to not trust him. Hell, they still do that. 

And Bernie is backed by one of the previous higher-ups in the NAACP, has reached out to the black community countless times over the years, and marched with MLK. He's also spoken out about the importance of letting black people be heard. So no - people saying not to vote Bernie because he's white is not common or actually an issue. Finding one or two people who do something wrong is not enough to say there's a pattern, especially considering Bernie's great standing in the black community.

Lastly, the reason why white people get criticized for taking parts in certain protests is because it's like if you were planning a party and someone came over and just started putting decorations up and making food without talking to you about what your plans were first. You were the party planner- not them- and you should be respected enough to be trusted to carry out your vision. 

Dominic
8 minutes ago, Kayla said:

True. I think people in the black community and people advocating for the black community get frustrated though because when the issue of racism comes up there is a group of white people who always gotta come out like "But what about racism against white people?!" 

And it's like...oh, how funny. All of a sudden you feel the need to talk about the racism you notice towards white people? Why didn't you feel the need to stand up for yourself before?

White people usually don't feel the need to talk about reverse racism and how black people can be racist/prejudice unless someone brings up struggles black people face.
It reeks of "But what about ME?!" It sends the message of "I don't want to listen to what you have to say until you address MY problems!"

And maybe that's not everyone's intention, but that's sure as hell how it tends to come off. We've had our time to succeed and be heard for our views- it's not going to hurt us to let black people have the stage for a while on certain issues. I think we need to give them the opportunity to speak out, to be heard, and then constructively take the stage together. We need to let people have a respected voice in the issue before we can move past it, and this means sometimes stepping back and legitimately trying to understand. 

I normally agree with you but I have to take a different stance on this because the problem I find is that, especially online,  there is a 'White shaming' now.  It's not racist or disrespectful to say this and I'm not taking away from the struggles black people have faced either.  It seems that as a whole black people want white people to understand the struggle and the issue however the message is largely hidden behind such anger and negativity 'You're white so you don't understand' or 'White privileged idiots'.  

I agree with another user that stated we need to work together,  it's the only possible way.  It's equally as bad to have the attitude of 'White people were bad in the past so we're allowed to be prejudice'. 

I whole heartedly believe that racism still exists unfortunately but the ways society is going about tackling that issue isn't working.  It's almost like the whole debate of 'Black people can say n**** but whites cant'.  It's ridiculous and just as silly to me as homosexuals using the word 'fa****'  because they are 'allowed'.  These are all inequalities in my eyes,  small and minor ones albeit but I'm sure you understand. 

We need to spend less time accusing people of being SJW and racists and spend more time tackling the bigger racial issues that effect our society.  

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

I just ignore anyone who says "white people" "white trash", they themselves are RACIST

Anyone can be racist, that's what the word means. It doesnt mean hatred towards black people or beyonce..

In countries like japan, white people / foreigners ARE DISCRIMINATED! So you are gonna say that's ok? that's not racist?

Archived