Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Will 2016 be 2010 2.0?

gagzus

Featured Posts

gagzus

2010 was easily the most exposed year of Gaga's career, she received arguably the most praise she has had in her whole career in that one year & of course the iconic VMAs when she wore the Meat Dress, became the most award female artist in a single night, had the second most nominated video of all time and was in general just obliterating the competition, not to mention The Monster Ball was still happening and was at it's peak in attendance and revenue and she ultimately had the highest grossing debut tour by any artist in history. So far 2016 has been incredible, but do you see the praise and acclaim and hype continuing up to the point where when we get to the VMAs later this year she could perhaps rival herself in award nominations, possibly start a STADIUM tour etc...

or do you think it'll be less than that?

Angel Down

I want 2016 to be 2016 1.0.

I don't like repetition. I want this year to be different from whatever she's done before. Even better if possible..

Mister Gaga

2010 levels are kinda unmatchable because she was still new, and Bad Romance was everywhere (and that's the key). Without worldwide smashes, that praise/acclaim/hype is really difficult to reach. But gags never disappoints, so i'll say yes :hor:

3 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

I have a great feeling that she'll find success again.

Get ready for LG5, LG5 2016.

#ARTPOP2013

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Whispering

2016 is 2016. Times have changed. The music industry has changed. Gaga has changed. 

Quit thinking about the past and enjoy the present! 

Doncho

It all depends on the music and its succes. But yeah, I am pretty sure it will be an amazing year for her!

AlphaMonster

If you mean commercial success, then yes. But other than that, Gaga of 2010 artistically grew into a more sophisticated Gaga of 2016. 

gagzus
4 minutes ago, AlphaMonster said:

If you mean commercial success, then yes. But other than that, Gaga of 2010 artistically grew into a more sophisticated Gaga of 2016. 

I was referring more to her exposure than like her artistry, I also meant the acclaim and success she had as well.

AlphaMonster
2 minutes ago, gagzus said:

I was referring more to her exposure than like her artistry, I also meant the acclaim and success she had as well.

She had commercial success but I do not think that she had substantiated acclaim. I mean I do not consider opinions of general public that important. Since Cheek to Cheek, she has received acclaim from people whose opinions are valuable for me. 

Dominic

It already looks like it will be better.  Sure 2010 was fun,  It was about her crazy outfits,  costumes and antics but this is the year that talent won and that is pretty unbeatable. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

NewUsername

2016 will hopefully -and uptil now has every chance and really looks like it will- become a huge and very successful year for Gaga with 2010-LIKE aspects. It will just be different, 2010 was 2010, 2016 is and will be 2016.

Archived