💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

ANTI: #27 - Billboard 200 / Work: #9 Hot 100

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

Whispering

So, That Tidal representative lied about those 400K units that were sold, huh? Doesn't really surprise me. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, Creyk said:

It's timing is just....peculiar :derpga:

But anyway it's fine

rightt, they usually make changes at the start of each year

DiscoHeaven23
4 minutes ago, Creyk said:

It's timing is just....peculiar :derpga:

But anyway it's fine

I was just thinking too, it will help Gaga's singles though, cuz her streaming has proven not to be that good

25 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Industry forecasters expect Anti to make a big leap up the Billboard 200 chart next week -- possibly to No. 1 -- after the album has a full week of activity behind it. Prognosticators suggest Anti could shift around 125,000 in equivalent album units in the week ending Feb. 4, which could power the album to No. 1 on the chart dated Feb. 20. If Anti hits the top, it will mark Rihanna's second No. 1, following her previous studio album, 2012's Unapologetic.

#1 next week.

anigif_enhanced-10540-1436198091-2.gif

Don't you think 25 may increase?

7 minutes ago, Whispering said:

So, That Tidal representative lied about those 400K units that were sold, huh? Doesn't really surprise me. 

Probably WW sales and probably veeery inflated

6 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

I was just thinking too, it will help Gaga's singles though, cuz her streaming has proven not to be that good

I'm sure her streaming will improve if she has interesting visuals + music with replay value and doesn't make her videos 15 minute long wailings about the struggles of her carreer.

Paper Gangsta
11 minutes ago, Whispering said:

3 minutes ago, Chump said:

Probably WW sales and probably veeery inflated

Actually I think people missunderstood. TIDAL said ANTI was downloaded 1,4m times. Idk why people assumed only million of these were for free when it was allready said that it was given away more than million times

Whispering
9 minutes ago, Paper Gangsta said:

Actually I think people missunderstood. TIDAL said ANTI was downloaded 1,4m times. Idk why people assumed only million of these were for free when it was allready said that it was given away more than million times

No, a Tidal representative stated that Anti sold 400K and that those sales would be counted by Billboard. Maybe that Tidal representative got confused and thought "around 400" meant around 400 thousand. Lol 

"Update: A TIDAL representative has reached out with the following clarifications to Kim’s comments. In regards to TIDAL’s “systems error,” Kim is “referring to a system error caused by Universal Music Group. The error was not something TIDAL caused.” 

In regards to Kim’s comment that Billboard and Nielsen are not counting ANTI’s sales on TIDAL toward their totals, TIDAL has clarified with the following statement: “Billboard and Nielsen are counting ANTI’s sales on TIDAL towards their totals, [but] they aren’t counting the Samsung/Rihanna download code gift to fans. The 400k+ sales of ANTI via TIDAL will be counted by Billboard.”  

Despite Rihanna's latest album being certified Platinum by the RIAA as a result of Samsung buying 1 million copies, Billboard has revealed that the album only sold 460 copies in its first week.

ANTI debuted at #27 on the Billboard 200 chart with 15,896 equivalent copies, which were made up of the 460 sales and over 4 million streams.

You can buy a physical copy of the album starting February 5.

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/100088843.html#ixzz3yxE2hXmX

BEYONCE in 3 hours: 80,000 copies

ANTi in 24 hours: 540 copies

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

ANTi was released on iTunes a day later. 460 people bought ANTi on Tidal when it was free. Wait for the real first week sales next week.

7 minutes ago, Paper Gangsta said:

Forbes confirmed only million was payed by Samsung

Archived