Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Rank the AHS seasons, Murder House-Hotel

Slade

What has been your favorite season so far?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. What has been your favorite season so far?

• Murder House
    • Asylum
    • Coven
    • Freak Show
    • Hotel

Featured Posts

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jenniferella
7 hours ago, Judas Oyster said:

I know I know :)

So what is your ranking of Coven?

I'd put it like this :

Murder House/Asylum

Coven =/= Hotel

Freakshow

It's really hard to compare Coven with Hotel, both have their strenght and their weakness

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Mister Gaga

So sad Freak Show it's so underrated :wacko:

1. The glorious Asylum. Marvellous characters: Sister Jude, Sister Mary Eunice, Dr. Arthur Arden, Lana Banana, Dr. Thredson

2. Freak Show. My Freak Show! Thrilled by how artsy this season was, so misunderstood...Elsa Mars is my fave AHS character ever.

3. Welcome to Devil's Night at the Hotel Cortez. It has those Asylum vibes...characters were so diverse and attractive: Sally McKenna, Liz Taylor, The Countess, Iris, Ramona, Donovan. Why it's not the best? So much plotlines, the storyline was kinda messy, unconnected episodes.

4. Murder House. I love it! Wonderful first season for a wonderful TV series. Everything is great. But the other seasons were better imo! Which is a good sign.

5. Coven (awful). No comments on this one. Tyrannosaurus mess. Cheap comedy, rating seeker. 

Judas Oyster
5 hours ago, DevilHeart said:

I'd put it like this :

Murder House/Asylum

Coven =/= Hotel

Freakshow

It's really hard to compare Coven with Hotel, both have their strenght and their weakness

Aha! Thanks :)

I think I'm for Scream Queens then haha, been watching 5 eps. It's funny and I actually find it more scary than all the episodes I've watched of the AHS series :toofunny:

1. Asylum

2. Coven

3. Hotel

4. Murder House

5. Freakshow 

We're all Stronger Together!

5 hours ago, Mister Gaga said:

So sad Freak Show it's so underrated :wacko:

1. The glorious Asylum. Marvellous characters: Sister Jude, Sister Mary Eunice, Dr. Arthur Arden, Lana Banana, Dr. Thredson

2. Freak Show. My Freak Show! Thrilled by how artsy this season was, so misunderstood...Elsa Mars is my fave AHS character ever.

3. Welcome to Devil's Night at the Hotel Cortez. It has those Asylum vibes...characters were so diverse and attractive: Sally McKenna, Liz Taylor, The Countess, Iris, Ramona, Donovan. Why it's not the best? So much plotlines, the storyline was kinda messy, unconnected episodes.

4. Murder House. I love it! Wonderful first season for a wonderful TV series. Everything is great. But the other seasons were better imo! Which is a good sign.

5. Coven (awful). No comments on this one. Minotaur mess. Cheap comedy, rating seeker. 

Fixed

Buy Perfect Illusion on iTunes

1. Asylum (9/10) 

2. Murder House (8/10)

3. Coven (7.5/10)

4. Hotel (6.5/10)

5. Freakshow (6/10)

All seasons exceed at the thematic and aesthetic aspect. However, my ranking is based on the plot. Asylum and Murder House were exceptional. Coven was not that far behind. 

However, the weakest seasons were Hotel and Freakshow. I can't clearly understand where exactly the plot was and where it went. When you look at it closely, every season told us a question:

For example:

Spoiler

Murder House:

"How will the Harmons adapt in the Murder House?" 

"Who is the Rubber Man?" (played a big role in the season(

Asylum:

"Will Lana Winters escape Briarcliff?" 

"Who is Bloody Face?" (played a BIG role in the season)

Coven:

"Who is the next supreme?"

"Who is the Axeman?" 

Freakshow:

THERE IS NO CLEAR QUESTION IN THE PLOT

"Who is Twisty?" Yes he played a big part in the plot UNTIL HE DIED EARLY

Hotel:

"Who is the TCK?" they left MANY clues that let us guess that it was John, this was not even a mystery

"Will Ramona finally get her revenge?" They spent like, the entire season to show how angry Ramona is, only to lead to NOTHING.

The point is, in the past two seasons, the mystery is inexistent. There is basically NOTHING to wonder about. If there is actually a good plotline, it would only lead to a letdown.

Sorry for the long-ass post. I just needed to express how I am disappointed in Hotel and Freakshow, plotwise.

luckythisway
On January 23, 2016 at 3:31 PM, Slade said:

Now that Hotel's over, where does it fall in with the rest of the series, in your opinion? If this thread has already been made, I apologize. I didn't see one. I'm just interested to see what you guys think.

My ranking:

1. Asylum

2. Murder House

3. Hotel

4. Coven

5. Freak Show

same 

CHROMATICA

Archived