Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Sia's Best Performance?

codymonster

Featured Posts

codymonster

I'm an extreme Sia fan.  Her heartbreaking life story, her vocals, and her songwriting captivates me.  I wanted to know, what are your favorite Sia performances and for what reason?  I'd love to see your opinions, and maybe some performances that I've never seen!

This one is mine. It's absolutely captivating, powerful, and heartbreaking.  This took place in 2010 when she was diagnosed with Graves disease, bipolar disorder, and was suffering with anxiety and depression from the touring lifestyle.  She also became a heavy user of pills.  These three songs are all emotional, but the small setting of the performance, and the way she completely belts out her pain that she is feeling really touched me.  The lyrics to "I'm in Here" seem to really coincide with the feelings she probably was currently feeling.  I'd definitely give it a watch if you haven't seen it.  Very powerful stuff.

Mobster

I can't find the performance on youtube (it was either taken down, or my country is the usual flop that makes 99% of the music on youtube unavailable). Anyway, I know it's very recent, but her X Factor performance (when she performed Alive), sounded amazing and was visually pleasing, too.

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

codymonster
13 minutes ago, Black Salvatore said:

I adore Sia so much.. But I've never known everything about her story? What is it?

She has had a lot of tragedy in her life! In short, she grew up with a dad who had multiple personality disorder, so he literally would sometimes refer to himself as Paul (that would be when he was mean and heartless) and sometimes he would be Jason (that would be when he was a nice, normal dad) *those aren't the names, just used those as an example since I'm not sure what they really were*. So obviously this gave her a bizarre and difficult childhood.

She then had a boyfriend who she was planning on marrying, but he died in a fatal car accident in 1997.  This led her to become depressed and became an alcoholic (that's what inspired her album "Healing is Difficult".

She eventually became sober from alcohol, and to this day, still doesn't touch it.  But in 2010, she was on a tour and she noticed she just wasn't well.  She told her management, but she kinda was forced to continue.  She started getting addicted to meds and later realized she had Graves disease and was also diagnosed with bipolar disorder. This led to depression and extreme anxiety, as well as a significant weight gain (which happens with Graves disease).

All this leads to why she tries to live a more private life and doesn't go on big tours; to keep her mental health in check.  That's kind of a quick rundown, but it definitely made me appreciate her as an artist, and person. Hopefully that helped a bit haha :) 

Angel Down
17 minutes ago, codymonster said:

She has had a lot of tragedy in her life! In short, she grew up with a dad who had multiple personality disorder, so he literally would sometimes refer to himself as Paul (that would be when he was mean and heartless) and sometimes he would be Jason (that would be when he was a nice, normal dad) *those aren't the names, just used those as an example since I'm not sure what they really were*. So obviously this gave her a bizarre and difficult childhood.

She then had a boyfriend who she was planning on marrying, but he died in a fatal car accident in 1997.  This led her to become depressed and became an alcoholic (that's what inspired her album "Healing is Difficult".

She eventually became sober from alcohol, and to this day, still doesn't touch it.  But in 2010, she was on a tour and she noticed she just wasn't well.  She told her management, but she kinda was forced to continue.  She started getting addicted to meds and later realized she had Graves disease and was also diagnosed with bipolar disorder. This led to depression and extreme anxiety, as well as a significant weight gain (which happens with Graves disease).

All this leads to why she tries to live a more private life and doesn't go on big tours; to keep her mental health in check.  That's kind of a quick rundown, but it definitely made me appreciate her as an artist, and person. Hopefully that helped a bit haha :) 

Oh my God... This is horrendous. I've always wondered how all that pain and despair is reflected in her voice. Now I see why. 

On Ellen, she sang Alive, but didn't quite hit the note, then somehow made it sound even more heavenly. Cannot wait for This Is Acting :giveup: 

Archived