Oscars whitewashed for a second year in a row

Jesse Pinkman

Featured Posts

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPdidntflop
On 14 January 2016 at 0:52 AM, Emigrante said:

Jesus. Seriously? Maybe none of black actors deserve the nomination. What world I live in to be honest. :saladga:

wow you're trash lmao. I hate being a little monsters bc I have to be paired with racists like this 

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

ARTPOPdidntflop
On 14 January 2016 at 0:54 AM, Dayman said:

I mean it would be nice for more ethnicites to be nominated. But saying the Oscars are being whitewashed is a bit wrong. It's not white people trying to change and take something away from these groups, it's more of an issue of Hollywood in general is very white. Black, Asian and Latino actors are few and far in between. So when you have hundreds of white actors and dozens of each other minority it's not surprising. Don't blame the Oscars - blame the culture of Hollywood as a whole.

the Oscar committee is 97% white and 75% male.... please check your facts

ARTPOPdidntflop
On 14 January 2016 at 1:14 AM, Metamorphosis said:

Exactly. I'm so tired of y'all with this SJW bullshit. Like seriously. I'm simply pointing out that there were several black roles which people were expecting to be recognized which were snubbed. 

Thank you @Metamorphosis for speaking and spreading the TRUtH. ignore the racist users on here who have never met a person of colour in their lives.

their opinions can be ignored anyway because the CEO of the oscars said that there is an issue with this and she's making changes to help rectify the issue. First thing is to kick out the white males who make up the majority of the committee who have been giving all the noms to mediocre white actors like Jennifer Lawrence

ARTPOPdidntflop
On 18 January 2016 at 5:59 AM, DietCoke said:

Some of you guys are so ****ed up. 

Stop using the "BET" excuse. "The BET Awards were established in 2001 by the Black Entertainment Television network to celebrate African Americans and other minorities in music, acting, sports, and other fields of entertainment over the past year."

Guess why minorities need their own separate award shows? Because in over 87 years of the Oscars, only 8 people of color have won best actor/best actress. In 87 years, 16 people of color have won best supporting actor/actress. In 87 years, 2 people of color (neither were Latino nor Asian) have won top screenwriting prizes. In 87 years, only 2 people of color have one best director (neither were Black). 

This industry is awarding White people at an extremely disproportionate rate, especially as of late. That's why it's a problem. You can't tell me that NO PERSON OF COLOR WAS A GOOD ENOUGH ACTOR/ACTRESS TO AT LEAST BE NOMINATED. The American population is expected to be 50% nonWhite in the next few decades, and at that rate of growth, you're telling me there is a chance NONE OF US P.O.C. deserve recognition from these awards? Unlikely. 

More importantly, to bring it back to Lupita Nyongo's message: roughly 50% of the children in this country belong to a minority. They are seeing mostly White people win one of the most prestigious awards in the acting/movie industry. You're saying to that 50% they have no place in the acting sphere. You're telling them they have no place in a lead role, or as a screenwriter, or as a director. And that is what's most ****ed up. 

http://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/oscars-so-white-visualized#.ne1DoWEaL

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/07/06/its-official-the-us-is-becoming-a-minority-majority-nation

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2015/cb15-tps16.html

:applause: amazingly said.

lets see the racists ignore this effortless drag and telling of pure facts!!

Emigrante
1 hour ago, ARTPOPdidntflop said:

wow you're trash lmao. I hate being a little monsters bc I have to be paired with racists like this 

Wow. Thank you. So I became a racist today. Good to know. :omg:

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

4 hours ago, ARTPOPdidntflop said:

the Oscar committee is 97% white and 75% male.... please check your facts

Check my facts? Really? I mentioned nothing about the Oscar committees make up - so I have no clue what you're going on about. You should work on your reading comprehension, because you clearly didn't get the point of my post. It's not singularly the Oscars fault, It's Hollywood as a whole. Hollywood is extremely white and that is the real problem - to get mad over it only one week a year and be okay with it the rest is ridiculous. If there aren't sufficient opportunities for black/asian/hispanic/etc actors than of course there isn't going to be a lot of them getting nominated - because the roles that the Oscars go for are non existent for them. Hollywood needs to change - not some shitty awards show and if you think the Oscars are the real problem and not the rest, than I can't help you there.

The American population is 12 PERCENT black. 12 percent is a small percentage. In fact, black people have more roles in Hollywood than Hispanics, which is now the largest minority group in the country. So if anyone isn't fairly represented, it would be more like the Hispanics over black people. The largest race in the country is historically and is still white people. In today's culture white people dont actively seek out white only movies, shows, etc. there has been great strides to make things better, particularly with white people. There is no problem solving with segregating yourself from the rest of the country, because historically you have been treated unfair. Black people need to step it up to on the racial front and try to make things right as well. This whole constant finger pointing at white people as the only racists in history is getting very old, and is wrong, and is racist in itself. We are all buying into it as well. We watch the news and see all this racial tension, then we go to work and have coworkers and friends of different races and or ethnicities and we get a long fine. The media has done a good job in the past 5 years devoding this country for ratings. It's really out of hand now. 

J e s s e
On 1/14/2016 at 9:49 AM, Metamorphosis said:

If last year’s minority-free acting nominations led to the protest hashtag #OscarsSoWhite, this year’s all-white lineup is sure to trigger a fresh expression of outrage, #OscarsStillSoWhite.

Once again, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences did not nominate any black actors to any of the 20 slots in the four acting categories.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/oscar-nominees-include-zero-nonwhite-855751

I was surprised Micheal B. Jordan and Straight Outta Compton were snubbed.

No Will Smith, no Idris. Nada..

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Concussion wasn't nominated!? :omg:

"They have as much in common as dinosaurs and goldfish: the cracker kind!" - Penelope Garcia

Archived