💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Applause Theory

SISTERV

Featured Posts

SISTERV

"If only fame came in IV baby could I bare? Being away from you I found the vein, put it in there!"

now restructure it like this:

"If only (The) Fame came in IV baby could I bare being away from you. I found the vain put it in there."

If you relook at what that changes, is Gaga also saying something deeper besides "My fans are my heartbeat!"? It could also mean that the "vain" people, executives, "put it(what they thought made her popular) in there". They wanted her to put "The Fame" in "IV" (aka her fourth album, ARTPOP). It was the knowing her fans would come back to her new music that made it bareable during her recovery.

This is further supported by its former line, when she asks her fans to "crash her critics" for debating whether her artistic choices were "right or wrong". 

Furthermore, it establishes a satire in the song. She lives for the Applause because of her fans support to keep going, but she also is mocking the executives saying her career "lives" because a popstar needs Applause, or support. 

I didn't really ever think too deeply into Applause, but does anyone else see this as Gaga's funny undertone of winking at her fans about how ridiculous it was what her people were asking her at the time? Do you like this theory?

SISTERV
2 minutes ago, BlTCH said:

reach for the stars hunty

I know people are trying to make funny comments but not everything is a reach. Even if you disagree I'd appreciate you didn't call my theory a reach because unlike most I supported my theory with logical open questions.

WhoAskedOpinions

5656637686339_reallybitch.gif.2d2c2ba89b

ummm.. well first it's "if only fame had an IV...." 

Other than that I guess you could be right.... but a reach. I think Gaga just meant that if fame was a drug she couldn't control herself because she lives for the fame and is addicted to it. So I understand where you got the putting The Fame into ARTPOP. 

@WhoAskedOpinions - Rates, reviews, and rankings of music and TV shows

PartySick

Woah :omg:

This has a level of crazy that just might be on to something. We all know how Gaga is and when laid out like this it doesn't seem too far fetched. Go, SISTERV :applause:

Whether or not this is a thing, it's cool regardless. 

Melanie, 5/29 | Janet, 7/20 💃💚✨

I honestly wouldn't doubt if she was playing with "vein" and "vain"- a lot of the album's lyrics are based on duality and wordplay (Aura is probably the best example of it, imo).

3 points in and ready for more

Space Cowboy
19 minutes ago, BlTCH said:

reach for the stars hunty

People have different readings/meaning then u. Its art it could mean anything.

Space Cowboy
8 minutes ago, venusian said:

you tried

No she is right its ART it could mean anything. ARTPOP (:

River

ah it's "if only fame had an IV"? I always heard "if only fame had HIV" like showing support to people with HIV and stuff :air:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

giphy.gif

those aren't even the right lyrics :derpga:

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

Reality

While I like this theory, it's too much of a stretch. My problem with this theory is that your restructured version of it: "If only (The) Fame came in IV baby could I bare being away from you. I found the vain put it in there.", is a big "if". What if the lyrics were structured like this. It's too different from the original line, and your whole theory's foundation is upon the restructured lyrics, not the original one. 

🃏🖤👹

StarstruckIllusion
44 minutes ago, SISTERV said:

I know people are trying to make funny comments but not everything is a reach. Even if you disagree I'd appreciate you didn't call my theory a reach because unlike most I supported my theory with logical open questions.

drag ha!

adamsenigma
2 hours ago, VuitonBrown said:

No she is right its ART it could mean anything. ARTPOP (:

Why did u sound like a replica Gaga robot saying "#BuyARTPOPOniTunes". :green:

Archived