Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Real meaning of hair?

Katharine Hepburn

Featured Posts

Cutting of someone else's hair means them losing their identity/opportunity to express themselves through their hair. At least that's what I get. 

I really love BTW's lyrics. "This is who I am, this is who the fuck I am" was Gaga's response to people saying that the lyrics are very straight forward/literal. Hair shows that the most and I absolutely love it. :flutter: 

Luciferian

Don't y'all remember this? She told us the full story about "Hair" in this video:

Mobster

Rumor has it she also got rid of Joe Germanotta's mane

2011+Funny+Thing+Happened+Way+Cure+Parki

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Peroxide
3 minutes ago, Mobster said:

Rumor has it she also got rid of Joe Germanotta's mane

2011+Funny+Thing+Happened+Way+Cure+Parki

That woman is ruthless. :deadbanana:

Katharine Hepburn
17 minutes ago, Totodile said:

But as for that specific lyric, I believe Gaga said that her mom didn't chop her hair of completely, but instead just cut of the frizzy ends because Gaga didn't want to do it herself :tongue:

That makes way more sense. Thanks

xoxo Joanne

AlexanderLevi2

I think it's more of a metaphor. Hair is something you can change to express yourself and by her mother (an authority figure) cutting it off represents stripping someone of their creative and aesthetic identity to conform to societal expectations.

Or maybe she was just pissed at her mom:derpga:

Currently listening to Joanne

Pacify Him

Just like Bad Kids, I guess. About teenage rebellion and the inability to express yourself in full. Both songs are boring to listen to tho :crossed:

I’m getting on your nerves

ShockPop

It's about pubes and that line is about a metaphorical pubic hair cut which would keep the protagonist from growing up.

She referenced this with her teal pubes, then her wig made of chers pubes. Honest.

1 hour ago, M Monstre said:

I also found that line really interesting. It may be open to interpretation, but I just thought of it as way to strip someone of their identity. In the song, her hair is a metaphor for her identity, so since her mom cut of her hair—in the song—it could also represent how some parents deny their children's identity. 

Yes, it's about keeping your identity and fitting in with your friends.  It's about your parents and your friends accepting you for who you are.      "I just want to be free, I just want to be me"

I live outside the space time continuum.

Space Cowboy

I understand your reading of it, im sorry you have to deal with immature comments. Anyway its probably one of those double things that can be this or that. You arent wrong its just art. It could mean anything.

article-2511006-198D8DBF00000578-446_638

chromaticka
20 hours ago, Dominic Marc said:

I didn't,  I just wanted D.  :green:

too real

I Met Lady Gaga On February 7th, 2016; Attended Superbowl 51 and Coachella 2017.

Archived