Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Real meaning of hair?

Katharine Hepburn

Featured Posts

Katharine Hepburn

So I was listening to Born This Way for the millionth time and while listening to hair it got to the lyric "mom will cut my hair at night" and I always cringe at this line because it sounds so odd because I assumed gaga was singing about herself and to cut off your daughters hair because she's dyed it some vibrant colour is abusive and gaga has a great relationship with her mom.

So I think that the song hair isn't about Gaga's struggles growing up and expressing herself through her hair style but the voice of a teen who was born male but who is transgender and want to transition into into a woman. Therefore it makes sense that the mom cuts his hair into that typical of men when he is sleeping. The song is then just her saying **** you I want to be the goddess I was born to be and your bigatory and haircuts will never stop that.

Thoughts? :hor: (sorry it's so long) 

xoxo Joanne

VenusBlackStar

I believe that's an autobiographical line. She talks about it in some BTW era interviews!

Katharine Hepburn
Just now, VenusBlackStar said:

I believe that's an autobiographical line. She talks about it in some BTW era interviews!

Wtf her mom actually cut her ****in hair? I would go mental :wtf:

xoxo Joanne

Dominic

I think it's open for interpretation.   It's definitely an acceptance kind of song but I agree it makes me cringe in parts. 

`... And I want lots of friends that invite me to their parties' :wtf:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

VenusBlackStar
1 minute ago, CustomGueseppi said:

Pretty sure! I'll try to find some of those interviews (unless someone else finds them first)

Head Empty

Well I don't know if it's that specific, but I definitely think that Gaga funneled all the stories that she had heard from fans while touring, and used those stories to shape the lyrics of this song. They're definitely not just about Gaga.

But as for that specific lyric, I believe Gaga said that her mom didn't chop her hair of completely, but instead just cut of the frizzy ends because Gaga didn't want to do it herself :tongue:

Peroxide

I forgot where, maybe when she was singing Hair in A Very Gaga Thanksgiving, but she said when she was a little kid her mom did cut her hair when she was sleeping because her hair was super long and had a lot of split ends.

Nvm can't find it. :wtf:

LePetitGAGABLover
1 hour ago, Dominic Marc said:

I think it's open for interpretation.   It's definitely an acceptance kind of song but I agree it makes me cringe in parts. 

`... And I want lots of friends that invite me to their parties:wtf:

But that's how we all felt during our teenage years.:toofunny:

Dominic
Just now, LePetitMonstr said:

But that's how we all feel during our teenage years.:toofunny:

I didn't,  I just wanted D.  :green:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Reality

I also found that line really interesting. It may be open to interpretation, but I just thought of it as way to strip someone of their identity. In the song, her hair is a metaphor for her identity, so since her mom cut of her hair—in the song—it could also represent how some parents deny their children's identity. 

🃏🖤👹

LePetitGAGABLover
Just now, Dominic Marc said:

I didn't,  I just wanted D.  :green:

Yikes. :neyde:

I wanted BOTH:emma:

HugoJG

I don't think it's about that.

3 minutes ago, CustomGueseppi said:

Because actually, cutting hair could be considered a punishment by parents, don't you think? Is not

necessarily a transgender allusion...

Mobster

"My mom would even cut my hair when I was asleep because I had really long split hairs, because I liked it really long like a hippy."

"Your hair is your glory and my hair represents my identity as it does represent the identity for many people."

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Archived