Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

First week sales aren't everything

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

Dorothy Gale

If LG5 manages to sell 700k or more in its first week I'll be very impressed, but if it sells over a million it might not necessarily be a good thing, first of all it would put an enormous amount of pressure of Gaga's next release and second of all it may kill the single/era longevity. Adele has sold soooo many copies of 25 that she'll have a hard time marketing singles in the upcoming year. If LG5 spawns 4 big singles I feel like it will boost the albums sales and give Gaga longevity.

Dangerous Man

I will always choose longevity over front loaded success. (TFM chart performance>>>BTW).

But if we can have both, why not? Lol.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

GloZell Green

Well Adele also didn't allow 25 to be on free/paid streaming and didn't allow songs to be uploaded on YouTube. Gaga most likely won't do that, she cares about music quality. Now the GP is keeping and eye on her. She could sell very well! Hoping at least 500k first week, with the right promo and lead single strategies, video, promo, etc. it's a done deal.

Lady Gaga | Shakira

1406145606193.jpg

But yes, I definitely agree. There's pro's and con's to having high opening sales and sometimes it really is difficult to achieve both a strong debut and longevity (let alone one of them). It's almost like a trade off.

Mister Gaga

Something like Adele's 21 could be fine :derpga:

First week sales: 352,000

After 5 years: 11,200,000

FrankGutz
14 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I will always choose longevity over front loaded success. (TFM chart performance>>>BTW).

this, i do rather logevity and more videos pls

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Another thing to consider.  Gaga got dragged when ARTPOP 2nd week sales were much lower than 1st week sales.  So front loading everything on the 1st week isn't very good.

I live outside the space time continuum.

iCpro
18 minutes ago, Ronk said:

Another thing to consider.  Gaga got dragged when ARTPOP 2nd week sales were much lower than 1st week sales.  So front loading everything on the 1st week isn't very good.

What was ARTPOPs first week?

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Alfonso
1 hour ago, Nobody said:

Agreed. :laughga:

But I don´t think that Adele singles matter too much anymore, she has already her album sales safe selling more than 10M(?) WW and her world tour is a mega sucess adding the fact that she hasn´t even announced an Australian/Asian leg nor has she add aditional dates to cover the demand (or the resellers :v :emma:)

Still, I think every single from this era will perform at least "ok" so that won't be a problem :wtfga:

I do think that the sucess this era had (sales wise) will die very quickly bc pretty much everyone has the album now, sales will radically fall off the charts as time goes.. making some space for LG5 :stalkga: :green:

1 hour ago, MANiKIWI said:

What was ARTPOPs first week?

The details from Wikipedia:  "ARTPOP debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 with 258,000 copies sold in its first week, earning Gaga her second consecutive number-one album and becoming the fourth-largest sales week for a female artist in 2013, behind Beyoncé's self-titled fifth studio album, Katy Perry's Prism, and Miley Cyrus' Bangerz, respectively. The album was initially forecasted to sell between 300,000 and 350,000 copies on its opening week. The following week, the album dropped to number eight on the Billboard 200 with sales of under 46,000 copies for an 82% sales decrease, making Gaga the first artist to have two albums in the top five list of all-time biggest second-week percentage drops in the Nielsen SoundScan era. On its third week, as part of promotions for Black Friday, the album was discounted at retailers such as Amazon MP3, Walmart, and Target. As a result, ARTPOP rose to number seven on the Billboard 200 with sales of over 116,000 copies. According to Nielsen SoundScan, the album has sold over 746,000 copies as of April 2015."

I live outside the space time continuum.

Lion Heart

>First week sales aren't everything

220px-Demi_Lovato_-_Confident_%28Officia

Keep fighting Confident :giveup:  

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Archived