Your thoughts about Rihanna's ANTi era?

Andreyw

Featured Posts

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andreyw
10 hours ago, Didymus said:

Well, of the 50+ ANTI non-news related threads we've had here, I think it's clear that it's filled to the brim with negativity every time :air:

But anyway, I'll exlpain then: all we've had to do this era was wait, while Rihanna released five songs, multiple snippets, the cover art and a presentation of more album art, did magazine shoots, gave interviews, did performances (incl. one at a major festival), released three fresh music video's and used a playful technological promo tool to make the wait a bit more bearable.

I don't care how ARTPOP's failures were connected to the Troy mess, that doesn't make the era less messy, especially when you remember that things were continuously promised and cancelled throughout the era (Act 2, Venus video, DWUW video, Gypsy video, multiple singles mess, fan video mess, app mess, the doll mess) and we had to endure comparable waiting periods (in terms of intensity and panic) pre-ARTPOP and during (DWUW, G.U.Y.) the era. Add to that multiple controversies (the infamous ARTPOP promo pic, the anti-ARTPOP Applause promo, the fake Interscope rumor), embarrassing promo moves (the Muppets special for example), cringeworthy performances (X Factor, DWUW & Gypsy @ SNL) and constantly ambiguous attitudes towards everything (compare the BBC interview with the H&M one) and I think it's clear that whoever calls ANTI messier than thàt when the era hasn't even properly begun yet is just talking out of his ass.

The only comparable element is that we don't know when the album is coming, that promo is messed up, that (mostly tabloid) rumors are flying around making it seem worse than it is, that people are rolling their eyes at the artistic stuff (most hilariously THIS fanbase) and that the singles haven't smashed in a way comparable to earlier ones.

Not that bad tbh. So far Rihanna hasn't broken one promise other than that the album didn't come "soon", but if anyone remembers the "soon" joke from 2012 all the way to a few months before ARTPOP's release, I think it offers some perspective to that as well.

Well, I made this thread mostly just to hear some opinions about what people think might happen behind the scenes since it seems like something goes on :toofunny: especially after reading one of the producers' meltdown tweets it made me curious to know or at least hear others' opinion about what's going on 

It's been disappointing in the sense that we are STILL waiting for the album after all this time... :rip: 

Other than that, the music and the visuals have been amazing so far. I have high hopes for this album.

Didymus
Just now, Andreyw said:

Well, I made this thread mostly just to hear some opinions about what people think might happen behind the scenes since it seems like something goes on :toofunny: especially after reading one of the producers' meltdown tweets it made me curious to know or at least hear others' opinion about what's going on 

Well, those opinions have been displayed all over the place in every Rihanna related thread since the beginning of 2015 so I guess I find that a bit silly, but it's not my thread and you're not breaking any rules making it, so that's fine.

But my perspective is just: imagine if we didn't have to hear all the ****ing tabloid rumors and things like that producer Twitter mess and the whining on forums etc. and I think we can all agree that, really, there's nothing to this "era" but to wait for the album. Literally nothing else is going wrong and it bugs me that people try to paint it like some humongous disaster for no reason.

Dangerous Man

Rih tried so hard to be artsy (maybe she was tired of her usual music that usually become hits) and because of that she  lost the direction of the era thus it became really messy.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

monsterdreams

I could make some shady comment but others have done that. Tbh, I'm just not bothered anymore, any interest I had is gone 

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Mister Gaga

Messiest era in pop music history. WE DON'T HAVE THE ALBUM. Messier than Glitter, 10x messier than ARTPOP.

Tyrannosaurus mess.

The only mess is that we are still waiting for it. :air:

We've got two really good songs (FFS and BBHMM) accompanied by amazing videos and the era hasn't even begun yet.

I can't wait for the R8 room. :giveup:

it wasn't laaaahv

Runway

Worse than ARTPOP, at least gaga actually gave us the album, the only thing she is obligated to do. Broken promises are nothing but bullshit made up by fans who still cling to ideas she gave a certain moment in time, that someone happened to record on their phone, but that never actually planned to happen, most of them at least :air:

oh and i fail to see rih's integrity when she donesn't even shows up in the studio when the songs are being written, not even to "give ideas" which is what people who defend her say she supposedly does lmfao…  that alone validates the theory the album was scrapped and they are making it mass appealing, rihanna doesn't have the talent to do more and that's okay, just dont make it seem like shes doing a highly complex and underground album, if anything, her team is doing it kii.

11947534_969226086472285_688291985975886

Archived