Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
other

Probably bad but creative idea (GGD Project?)

Seeka

Good idea?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Visual Novel, yay ir nay?

• Good idea, even undrafted. I'm in.
    • I'll wait for you to draft the idea.
    • I'm only in if it isn't anime-ish.
    • No, no matter what.
    • Maybe.
    • Poll *****.
    • Pole *****.

Featured Posts

This idea just came to me so it's going to be awful and undrafted, so expect this to either be drafted (if it stays popular) or come up as a new topic in a few weeks.

So... everyone complaining about how a lot of the characters are undeveloped, how wacky and awful American horror Story is and blah, blah, blah, we live off of spite and hatred marinated in the rich pitch black sauce of despair...

And I just enjoy something when the good outweighs the bad. And I was expecting this season to be wonky without Jessica Lange or anything.

Onto my idea.

American Horror Story: Hotel... The Visual Novel

I know, awful  idea right? It gets even more awful!

It takes place after the events of Hotel.

You probably know where I'm going with this right? A new tenant moves in, new sh!t starts happening, and we end up with separate solo ending depending on who you  have affection points with and some sort of secret ending where we figure out more secrets of the hotel and some sorta badassery of everyone getting together or something or another.

Like I said, undrafted.

Anyways, the point of the visual novel, other than bringing everyone together would be to fix enormous plot holes, underdeveloped characters, and so on. Also, hopefully bring the GGD community together. Though most of our projects tend to fail.

Like I said, everything depends on how this season ends. That also determines on the endings and such. And also if there are any more secrets to discover. Everything for the visual novel is dependent on the ending of this season.

Unless everyone wants to ignore everything an want to somehow incorporate this into the actual plot. I would prefer the start when John was enticed to be a serial killer but starting with where the first episode starts is good as well.

So here's who the story would work.

It's going to be the type of visual novel where there's a few storyline events, and maybe you're free to roam around inbetween events? Which, of course, depending on where you roam, you may end up starting event flags.

So here are the paths, I was thinking. main character is male, by the way. Unless we want to have to separate characters. One male and one female.

The Countess (romance)

Liz Taylor (friendship)

Donovan (romance)

John (friendship)

Sally (romance)

Iris (friendship)

Ramona (romance)

Alex (not sure, may be weird ending)

Mr. March (definitely weird ending)

For those of you wondering what I mean by weird ending, it is usually an ending that is unclassified (usually one of the more awful ones and considered a bad ending) but in follow-up material, there may be some strange yet sweet twist that makes it cute while still utterly disturbing. Fav example? Virus and Trip's endings in DMMD and it's sequel, DMMD RC.

Of course the bad endings would have to be wild and crazy, especially more so since this is American Horror story.

I am imagining this as a big ass project. But with all the talent we have around here we may be able to pull it off. Though probably not before the next AHS, but maybe by 2017?

So people we would need:

Programmers, other game people.

Writers.

Musicians, songwriters, vocalists (a visual novel, a good one, has to have bad ass music)

Artists for concept and production (I was think something seinen, realistic, like DMMD)

Other things I can't possibly think of because it's late and my belly is full and I'm going to fall asleep on my keyboard.

I think this is a great idea and I need to draft it. And I was putting it out here to help me draft it, and also, get feedback and maybe an idea on whether or not if you guys would want to do this.

Kermit

I don't get it, can you elaborate a little more?

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

FlopSlut

ugh i dont wanna read all that. I'll just assume it is something similar to the MTN video

Flopenstein

15 hours ago, DominicB said:

I don't get it, can you elaborate a little more?

Basically, a visual novel that elaborates more and more on the backstory of Hotel and it's characters, while also creating an entirely new storyline that shortly follows the previous events.

I'm just assuming people can use google to figure out what a visual novel and examples of it are. But something all visual novels have are branching storylines (depending on what type of VN it is, it will be character based or just based on events or something) with multiple endings. Usually one good, one bad per ending (though some have more) and while the good endings are good and fluffy and happy, the bad endings are like... extreme. Awful. Like "how the **** did we get here and why is there so much blood and why am i doomed to be here for all eternity?"

I suggest looking up the bad endings of 999, DMMd, and mt friend says Amnesia's bad endings are absolutely awful.

12 hours ago, FlopSlut said:

ugh i dont wanna read all that. I'll just assume it is something similar to the MTN video

Visual novels will suck in more time than this and the Marry the Night video darling. They are time holes. Especially for completionists.

FlopSlut
5 hours ago, Seeka said:

Basically, a visual novel that elaborates more and more on the backstory of Hotel and it's characters, while also creating an entirely new storyline that shortly follows the previous events.

I'm just assuming people can use google to figure out what a visual novel and examples of it are. But something all visual novels have are branching storylines (depending on what type of VN it is, it will be character based or just based on events or something) with multiple endings. Usually one good, one bad per ending (though some have more) and while the good endings are good and fluffy and happy, the bad endings are like... extreme. Awful. Like "how the **** did we get here and why is there so much blood and why am i doomed to be here for all eternity?"

I suggest looking up the bad endings of 999, DMMd, and mt friend says Amnesia's bad endings are absolutely awful.

Visual novels will suck in more time than this and the Marry the Night video darling. They are time holes. Especially for completionists.

OH OK Thanks

Flopenstein

Archived