💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Gaga needs TF/M Sound For LG5

Arizona Sky

Featured Posts

Mister Gaga

No thanks, we have Katy's music to "appeal to everybody". I feel much more connected to BTW or ARTPOP; I'd pick BTW everyday over TFM. In her words, BTW is about showing who the **** she was...and I love her that way. 

If commercial success comes with music without personality or quality, well, I don't want It.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:
18 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

Of course ARTPOP was a mess. That's the whole point. That's why I love it. When you are angry, are you able to make sense of how you feel?

Of course ARTPOP was a mess. That's the whole point. That's why I love it. When you are angry, are you able to make sense of how you feel?

Anger is positive compared to depressed or below that is just the given up stage where most people are imo although there is some other worse levels not sure exactly but anger is important to pass up into the higher levels only best to keep it under a certain amount of control. writin music not bad way to express feelings but i am not sure is all that angry maybe a bit but I interpret music artistically true but it is still positive. too the planet of love! seems like a good idea. you earthlings you.

even swine i haven't listened much might be a bit angry but there is a great movie i come across with wild boar recently called princess mononoke (1997). It has boar and wolf and also wolf warrior girl who hates people but the boar are fierce not like the ones I saw in the woods with their babies so sweet. The boar is very sacred it became the may god with the greeks I read somewhere. That movie really was something I was trying to work out coz I had an ex who was scared of boar due to stories which charachter she was closest too it was so weird coz she also had wolf in a foreign language as her name but I am not sure if she was more like the boy or perhaps just the girls working in the metal mine. See the pig also comes up in politics with recent stories in the UK concerning the primeminister and also there was a lot of flooding in an area where there used to be wild boar that were hunted to extinction. Needless to say I would take it as a complement being called a swine well man would be better but i like boar. I think there was even a story of one in germany recently that left the woods and moved in with some cattle which was quite weird.

I don't really believe that the GP nowadays "cares" about the artist. Look at Justin Bieber, months before Purpose's release he was doing nothing but drinking + partying and his last project/album underperformed terribly for his standards. Despite his childish behaviour and negative press, Sorry, Where are u now and What Do You Mean managed to be huge hits. The GP basically forgot all the things he did just because of a catchy tune.

Judas didn't become a hit because it wasn't radio friendly, DWUW couldn't chart higher because the abscence of the video and G.U.Y was really out of place during that time, that's why Gaga had to finance the project all by herself. I'm not expecting Gaga to be a chart-topper all the time, especially if that's not what she's looking for (BTW was very risky), I expect excelence, reinvention and quality from Gaga's work,

underneath the pine

Lord Temptation
45 minutes ago, GGhost said:

I don't really believe that the GP nowadays "cares" about the artist. Look at Justin Bieber, months before Purpose's release he was doing nothing but drinking + partying and his last project/album underperformed terribly for his standards. Despite his childish behaviour and negative press, Sorry, Where are u now and What Do You Mean managed to be huge hits. The GP basically forgot all the things he did just because of a catchy tune.

Judas didn't become a hit because it wasn't radio friendly, DWUW couldn't chart higher because the abscence of the video and G.U.Y was really out of place during that time, that's why Gaga had to finance the project all by herself. I'm not expecting Gaga to be a chart-topper all the time, especially if that's not what she's looking for (BTW was very risky), I expect excelence, reinvention and quality from Gaga's work,

Bieber is doing well now because in the eye of the GP he has kind of "grown up" and put his past behind him. I'm thinking Gaga will do equally well next year for similar reasons. In the press she constantly uses sentences like "matured as an artist", "normalcy" etc and her looks are way more subdued than compared with her 2008-2013 eras. It feels like Gaga has nothing she's desperate to prove anymore, and that's exactly the kind of chilled attitude we want from superstars. She will just let the music speak for itself, with the emphasis on her incredible voice and witty yet relatable lyrics instead of her avant-garde visual art and metaphilosophy.

iMonster
1 hour ago, Lord Temptation said:

She will just let the music speak for itself, with the emphasis on her incredible voice and witty yet relatable lyrics instead of her avant-garde visual art and metaphilosophy.

Agreed I want more showcasing of her vocal abilities, but I also need these visuals though! lol.  

Granted I didn't care for her "Dope" promo cover (and I'm still not sold on the original BTW album cover). Though once again I think the aspect of combining art with music has always been Gaga - see Paparazzi for a reference. Not just any type of art though - it's always been avant-garde. 

Certain things are just apart of Gaga's DNA and people will either like it or not. I just never want her to become so transparent when expressing herself. Whether through her music, fashion or visuals. 

Lord Temptation
9 minutes ago, iMonster said:

Agreed I want more showcasing of her vocal abilities, but I also need these visuals though! lol.  

Granted I didn't care for her "Dope" promo cover (and I'm still not sold on the original BTW album cover). Though once again I think the aspect of combining art with music has always been Gaga - see Paparazzi for a reference. Not just any type of art though - it's always been avant-garde. 

Certain things are just apart of Gaga's DNA and people will either like it or not. I just never want her to become so transparent when expressing herself. Whether through her music, fashion or visuals. 

Gaga makes avant-garde look lazy and postmodern. I love how she only tries to outdo no-one but herself. That's why I am looking forward to Gaga's vision of what "normal" means to her. No matter what incarnation she adopts for LG5, it will be interesting to say the least. As she said herself, pop culture is her bitch!

iMonster
1 minute ago, Lord Temptation said:

Gaga makes avant-garde look lazy and postmodern. I love how she only tries to outdo no-one but herself. That's why I am looking forward to Gaga's vision of what "normal" means to her. No matter what incarnation she adopts for LG5, it will be interesting to say the least. As she said herself, pop culture is her bitch!

T.H.I.S.

I would counter though, she doesn't make avant-garde look lazy, she makes it look easy! Lol. I also can't wait to see what's next as far as the inspiration and motivation behind this record. Her visuals have always been exciting to me because she's so unapologetic.   

Lord Temptation
42 minutes ago, iMonster said:

T.H.I.S.

I would counter though, she doesn't make avant-garde look lazy, she makes it look easy! Lol. I also can't wait to see what's next as far as the inspiration and motivation behind this record. Her visuals have always been exciting to me because she's so unapologetic.   

Same! I am dying for some new Gaga! You're right, she makes everything she does appear a cinch. God she inspires me so damn much to be unrelentingly authentic. As far as Gaga's next aesthetic is concerned, I'm hoping she does sexy tropical disco glam. Last night I had a vision of Gaga wearing late 70s/early 80s beaded braids like Stevie Wonder circa Master Blaster, singing something seriously soulful. I'm so excited for LG5!

PopThatArt
On December 24, 2015 at 6:19 PM, BloodyMonster said:

I am a firm believer that LG5 needs more songs like 'The Fame/Monster' & less like 'Born This Way' & 'ARTPOP'.  First off, the songs appeal to everyone. Songs like 'Just Dance', 'Poker Face' & 'Bad Romance' are very GP friendly, even to straight men.  From my understanding, the GP loved Gaga during TF/M era!  Her first two singles, 'Just Dance' & 'Poker Face' both sold over 7,000,000 copies in the US alone. That doesn't happen on accident!  When the Born This Way era started, things went downhill.  The GP was expecting SO much from Gaga, especially coming off of the biggest era in years (hence BTW debuted with allot of copies), but the GP saw the gimmicks throughout that era.  They began to look at her as the 'weird' girl.  When she came out with 'ARTPOP' in 2013, most people probably heard of 'Applause' or maybe even 'Do What U Want' but other than  that, they didn't care.  Still one of the reasons why I believe ARTPOP lacked in commercial performance was because she was overly confident when making it.  Being named the 'New Queen of Pop' & all that stuff made her feel like she could do anything & it would go to number 1.  But boy was she in for a rude awakening!  I have a feeling she's starting to learn. Working with RedOne & Mark Ronson is exactly what she needs.  If she stays away from the crazy costumes and gimmicks, but puts out good pop music like TF/M & has a GP friendly revamped image, she'll do great!  She needs commercial success, its the truth whether you like it or not.  As you see, most people on the street would say, "Oh yeah! Thats the girl that wore the meat dress! haven't heard of her for years!" Its because of the quality she's been putting out which results into success.  We NEED TF/M Gaga back!  You can't deny it!!!

Shove it up your a$$. Gaga doesn't need to revisit what she's already done. It's people like you who made Gaga want to quit music. 

Go see A Star is Born

PopThatArt

Did it ever occur to anyone that Lady Gaga doesn't care about being a commercial artist? She once discussed it being difficult for her to take her ideas and bend them to commercial expectations, that's it hard for her take ideas she has for her music and make them meet commercial expectations the label and fans have. It was the whole point of ARTPOP, it was a reverse warholian experience because Warhol took commercial things like soup cans and turned them into art, what Lady Gaga does, ARTPOP is take artistic things, her ideas, and turn them into something popular, which she finds difficult to do. There's enough commercial people make generic music, as asked, does it ever occur to you Lady Gaga doesn't want to be that way anymore? 

Go see A Star is Born

Arizona Sky
7 hours ago, PopThatArt said:

Did it ever occur to anyone that Lady Gaga doesn't care about being a commercial artist? She once discussed it being difficult for her to take her ideas and bend them to commercial expectations, that's it hard for her take ideas she has for her music and make them meet commercial expectations the label and fans have. It was the whole point of ARTPOP, it was a reverse warholian experience because Warhol took commercial things like soup cans and turned them into art, what Lady Gaga does, ARTPOP is take artistic things, her ideas, and turn them into something popular, which she finds difficult to do. There's enough commercial people make generic music, as asked, does it ever occur to you Lady Gaga doesn't want to be that way anymore? 

Say what you wanna say, dream what you want to dream, but the reality is that Gaga is slightly obsessed with commercial success. And that's not a bad thing at all. Did you even read the BB WOTY interview? Like when she wants to show people that you don't have to be 19-21 to get a hit? Or when she said she wanted to explode into her 30's? When she was ready to write her next Grammy hit? When herself & RedOne are working together? When she said she just couldn't quit pop music? She likes attention. If she didn't, she wouldn't be here. It's clear Gaga will do ANYTHING to get a hit on LG5 & that's just a fact.

Lord Temptation

Gaga doesn't give a **** about being the popular kid in school. It's a shame that trolls who accuse her of being obsessed with charts are themselves the obsessed ones. LG5 will be a success because the GP has woken up to the fact that pop music the last few years has been incredibly boring and meaningless without Gaga.

so she has to go back to her past glory and repeat a success formula? 

well if thats what you want. but you know what they say

Archived