💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Video: Lady Gaga at Billboard's Women in Music event

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

AnglerfishbraBENUS

you're all forgetting that this is just gonna set her even further from the crowd than before. Trust her. She's unique. 

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dark Anatomy

I'm gonna be honest...her vocals suck donkey butt here.

giphy.gif

I mean I know we haven't seen the full performance yet but not one thing I have seen has been up to her standard. 

I realize she can't be perfect all the time, but you would think this is would be a lot more important to nail 

than the Sinatra tribute. This is actually her song for once!

giphy.gif

Perhaps when we see the full thing I will be swayed, but right now it's not looking good. 

That low key is not doing her any justice. Guess for now we play the waiting game. 

giphy.gif

Bradley

Obviously I am outnumbered here, but I'm gonna say what I think anyway, even if most of you probably won't agree with me.

I actually thought the snippet was amazing, not in the slightest way trying to defend her because I'm a fan, I try to be as unbiased as possible, and the low key was BRILLIANT. If anything, I think the only part that was weak was the 'high note', but the low keys WERE NOT AT ALL in any way bad. In fact Til It Happens To You is special because of those notes, which are my favorite parts of the song, this 6-time Grammy winner had a reason in mind to have included the parts into the song. Til It Happens To You would've been another ordinary pop ballad if it had stable generic vocals throughout the entire song. I actually think these unconventional vocals contributed to the song getting a Grammy. So let me give a toast to the low notes of the song, even if I probably am the only one (and Gaga and Diane perhaps) who liked them.

Of course, it's just my opinion. :)

I think the low keys illustrated very clearly what emotions were in Gaga (or the victim's) mind. She was mad, angry, sad and humiliated yet she wanted to be strong in front of the world, though it's difficult for the victim, she doesn't to whine in front of people about how she went through the traumatic experience yet it's so difficult for her to go through it alone, she wants to depend on someone but the people won't understand her

Spoiler

til it happens to them

. How would you have illustrated these feelings without using the 'Dope' vocals?

latina twilight

I'm pretty sure everybody will be blown away by her vocals except for you.

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

PlasticHo
9 hours ago, AmericanHSlave said:

Obviously I am outnumbered here, but I'm gonna say what I think anyway, even if most of you probably won't agree with me.

I actually thought the snippet was amazing, not in the slightest way trying to defend her because I'm a fan, I try to be as unbiased as possible, and the low key was BRILLIANT. If anything, I think the only part that was weak was the 'high note', but the low keys WERE NOT AT ALL in any way bad. In fact Til It Happens To You is special because of those notes, which are my favorite parts of the song, this 6-time Grammy winner had a reason in mind to have included the parts into the song. Til It Happens To You would've been another ordinary pop ballad if it had stable generic vocals throughout the entire song. I actually think these unconventional vocals contributed to the song getting a Grammy. So let me give a toast to the low notes of the song, even if I probably am the only one (and Gaga and Diane perhaps) who liked them.

Of course, it's just my opinion. :)

I think the low keys illustrated very clearly what emotions were in Gaga (or the victim's) mind. She was mad, angry, sad and humiliated yet she wanted to be strong in front of the world, though it's difficult for the victim, she doesn't to whine in front of people about how she went through the traumatic experience yet it's so difficult for her to go through it alone, she wants to depend on someone but the people won't understand her

Hide contents

til it happens to them

. How would you have illustrated these feelings without using the 'Dope' vocals?

Great perspective. Thanks for sharing. I feel lost trying to judge music sometimes. I'm so musically challenged, I'm just like... Oh my ears liked it or nah not my cup of tea. Lol (Sort of like Adele's million years ago...  Just not for me, but I think I'm in the minority. I tend to trust everyone else's judgement on the quality of it, I just can't put it on repeat.)

Glamourpuss

I like her low vocals but don't like that weary sound of singing style that she has for Dope, for example. I hope there aren't any songs sung in that style on her new album. 

:rip: can we please get a good performance of this song? like at least once 

ill wait for the full video to judge tho 

thehanyo

I just watched the full performance, as well as her mom's introduction. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. And the note that everyone is talking about doesn't sound as bad in the full recording.

The best part of it all is when Stef's mom gives her the award. Even my editor was crying. (I work for Lifetime, this is how I saw it).

JazzGa

I appreciate the sentiment/importance/message of TIHTY but sonically, I just do not like it :( And so far, her live performance does not seem like a improvement on her ballads like it usually does. I think because it's such a solemn song, and she is trying to give a somber performance, but it just comes across as plodding and rhythmless to me. As far as vocals go, I would like if she added some ad libs, played with the colors and timing a bit, but again I'm pretty sure she is going for solemn. Hoping for a soul lifting bridge that gives me an existential crisis in the full version :excited:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

5 hours ago, thehanyo said:

I just watched the full performance, as well as her mom's introduction. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. And the note that everyone is talking about doesn't sound as bad in the full recording.

The best part of it all is when Stef's mom gives her the award. Even my editor was crying. (I work for Lifetime, this is how I saw it).

omg when can we see it? :excited:

FreePalestine

UmbriaWitch
On Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 6:25 PM, JanPianoMusic said:

Improved your comment. 

You improved it with an idiotic addition? Like Bobby has any influence with the Academy :rip:

High King

Might be an unpopular opinion but I really don't like this song or the way Gaga sings it. And even though I appreciate the message, I really don't think it comes across well in the song. I'm glad it got nominated and I hope people like the performance, but I'm ready for TIHTY to be forgotten.

• Admin pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Admin unpinned this topic

Archived