Video: Lady Gaga at Billboard's Women in Music event

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JanPianoMusic
7 hours ago, UmbriaWitch said:

You improved it with an idiotic addition? Like Bobby has any influence with the Academy :rip:

Sir, I was just making a joke.

You will never please everyone.

Didymus

In the above video I think she nailed it if it wouldn't be for that stupid accent. This to me are the correct "emotional", "rough", "damaged" vocals like she did them in the studio version - on key and being able to keep her tone.

So, having seen some of the beginning and ending, I can conclude that she did great overall but just messed up a bit at times, which is of course absolutely fine. I continue to roll my eyes at both the "this is terrible" and the "it's a conscious decision" camps.

VenusBlackStar

I love huskyGa voice. I don't think this is in any way going to be a bad performance. I think it's cool when she sings with deeper, fuller vowel sounds because that's a sign of classical voice training. She is most definitely a Mezzo in opera world who can also bring out a belt voice.

And I do think that her singing like the way she is is a conscious decision because I'm a singer who actively trains and I've experienced that it's possible to access different voice tones depending on where your support comes from while singing/how you shape your mouth/etc.

ViviLittleM
Just now, Noahhh said:

Idk why monsters are so mad, she is on point with her vocal game.

I like it more with the new snippet but still "not great" for me.

Nervous Unicorn

What is this accent? I have to say I'm disappointed, but I won't dwell on it. 

However if LG5 has this weird accent/whatever the hell she's doing with her pronunciation I'm going to riot :grr:

edit: yeah i get the rage but why is she enunciating in such a bizarre way? she doesn't need that to get the emotion of the song across

I honestly don't understand all the hate in here :laughga: isnt it obvious she would sing this with emotion and rage rather than hiting every note pitch perfect, the song is about rape for christ sake

I love this longer clip. :giveup: 

The lips are distracting a bit. :green: 

But I know I'm gonna love the whole thing. RockGa and her smirk.:wub:

I don't care what y'all say. :koons:

FreePalestine

Nervous Unicorn

i made my boyfriend listen to it, he plays the violin, and he said the instruments are a little off. out of tune and they're faster than her at times. that probably is one reason it sounds a little strange

ManuelColon

You can easily notice how she is not coordinated with the instruments, and the way she is pronouncing the words makes it sound strange. If she were to perform at the Oscar (considering she get's the nomination) i would like an acoustic one, just some parts with instruments. 

Still, she sounds good, people ony have two opinions: This is the best thing Gaga has ever done or Gaga is done, she can't sing anymore, her voice is so damaged.

Her voice broke before reaching the big note, but she held it nicely while on top.

• Admin pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Admin unpinned this topic

Archived