Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

American Horror Story: Hotel appreciation thread

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

After She Gets Revenge and me re-watching several episodes, am I the only one who thinks that Hotel lives up to the standards expected, in fact it's beyond decent in my opinion. I won't say it's on par with universally acclaimed TV shows like Game of Thrones but IT IS above average, at the very least. Winning an Emmy award? Maybe not but worthy of an Emmy nomination? Yes.

Like many of you have said, AHS has this pattern of getting slightly boring in its mid-season but gets better and better later when things are connected. Hotel is not an exception and the same pattern is evident already. Also please tell me The Countess's transition is amazing, because that's what I thought. Earlier, the Countess was cold, unemotional, bitchy and indifferent. I think Ryan and the writers pulled a 'Jessica' for The Countess. Now she's revealed her vulnerability, her emotional side, her change from being an unattackable supreme to a target that Liz, Iris and Donovan dared hunt down. Similar to how Sister Jude Martin and Fiona Goode became fragile at the end of Asylum and Coven.

For those of you who have this idea in mind, I urge you to rewatch the previous Hotel episodes if you have the time, I cannot guarantee you'll enjoy your second watch as much as I did, but here I am telling you that I did. I still see comments saying that Hotel is all over the place, the stories and characters are not linked, etc. but what I found out from the earlier episodes was that we were given plenty of hints of what's coming in the upcoming episodes. Ryan and his team had it all planned. Also I enjoy seeing the personality and backstory of each character has to offer. 

possible spoiler:

Spoiler

Let's talk about She Gets Revenge, Denis O'Hare and Kathy nailed it. I actually think this pair of friendship is odd but entertaining, strangely. I like the idea of them having suffered their whole lives and yet being the ones to kill the strongest figure in this season - The Countess, who probably did not in any way see it coming from them. Donovan's badass fck you attitude to The Countess also had me surprised. He was so pathetic back then :giveup: and perhaps this is not worth mentioning but I loved how The Countess mourned for Valentino, and her appreciation at the end for Donovan and his love when she called him her 'most beautiful creation'.

That's it. Sorry if I make no sense, I might just be excited. Hope you didn't mind.:awkney:

andy232000

i like the season but like i posted on another thread, it could be a lot better if they gave ryan the opportunity to really expand and explain everything at a decent pace. theres lots of things i would like to know that will not be explained because ryan refuses to do 24 episode season like other shows. at the end things just end un answered and this season has been awfully predictable 

Pacify Him

This season is more into the fun side like freakshow with the glamour of coven and less to the psychotic side which is the first 2 seasons. I really want this level of psychoticness back but there are still 3 more episodes to go so I'm hopeful.

I also just want a character that's like Constance in this gif

tumblr_n9ah25vxsI1sisy7qo1_250.gif

or a Lana Banana going like

tumblr_mgftpsQxOq1r6ucwqo1_500.gif

When the Countess slapped Mr. March, it was so perfect. I've been waiting for a scene like that. It filled what I feel are missing in a long time. The badassery and assertiveness in this manner.

Tho I feel like they need to hire a horror expert. So many missed potential and there are a lot that could fit in a hotel-themed horror. Nobody expected the drilldo demon and decaying people in a mattress tho.

I’m getting on your nerves

Chris Evans

This is probably my favorite season so far :flower: It's going to be nice to rewatch it once it's finished- I've watched each episode for this season maybe 3 times except for the last 2 episodes bc I haven't gotten a hold of them on 1080p yet 

17 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

i like the season but like i posted on another thread, it could be a lot better if they gave ryan the opportunity to really expand and explain everything at a decent pace. theres lots of things i would like to know that will not be explained because ryan refuses to do 24 episode season like other shows. at the end things just end un answered and this season has been awfully predictable 

unexplained like what? Everyone always argues about this but it always comes up like 2 episodes later

We got too many complainers struggling to keep up as it is I can't imagine going through that for 6 months straight

andy232000
1 minute ago, stfugaga said:

This is probably my favorite season so far :flower: It's going to be nice to rewatch it once it's finished- I've watched each episode for this season maybe 3 times except for the last 2 episodes bc I haven't gotten a hold of them on 1080p yet 

unexplained like what? Everyone always argues about this but it always comes up like 2 episodes later

We got too many complainers struggling to keep up as it is I can't imagine going through that for 6 months straight

like how did they created the addiction demon? why hasn´t it appeared in an important way? why hasnt it attacked others and things like that? ryan said we wear going to explore addictions and we haven´t yet. how exactly The countess took the other kids as well? What does Ramona loosing her father have to do with her urge to get revenge. Why bring Valentino to the modern world if he was so unimportant to the plot. Also its just too predictable. john being the TCK was soo obvious. i knew iris or liz were going to kill gaga (dont ask me how i just though it was typical for the random underdogs to kill the head bitch). then i bet john will kill himself for "thou shall not kill" and dont tell me im struggling cause i know the season all the way and back hunty! dont get me wrong i do like the show but i´d like these details answered to get a full knot on the season. this happened to me when i watched Asylum. part of the reason i dislike asylum is that they never explain the aliens. or how they brought back people, or why did they get pregnant randomly.

andy232000
14 minutes ago, stfugaga said:

my main problem is the watered down plots. what i meant with my first post was that i´d either like one single simple but entertaining plot like coven´s (my favorite season so far, doesnt have to be yours of course) or a 20+ ep season where he can develope his several plots. i wished there was more Ramona VS Countess. like just many episodes of them trying to kill the other. or id like for the countess to seduce will drake more cause he literally fell for her in 30 minutes. or maybe see more of how Gaga en Valentino relationship was so meaningful to her. or develope on The countess´s need for children. thats what i mean. either one plot or full development on each. i feel like Ramona and The Countess haven´t fought at all. like, dude. if you truly want revenge go get back at the bitch. but they didnt include that because of the 12 episode arc that isnt enough to show more

Bradley
11 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

like how did they created the addiction demon? why hasn´t it appeared in an important way? why hasnt it attacked others and things like that? ryan said we wear going to explore addictions and we haven´t yet. how exactly The countess took the other kids as well? What does Ramona loosing her father have to do with her urge to get revenge. Why bring Valentino to the modern world if he was so unimportant to the plot. Also its just too predictable. john being the TCK was soo obvious. i knew iris or liz were going to kill gaga (dont ask me how i just though it was typical for the random underdogs to kill the head bitch). then i bet john will kill himself for "thou shall not kill" and dont tell me im struggling cause i know the season all the way and back hunty! dont get me wrong i do like the show but i´d like these details answered to get a full knot on the season. this happened to me when i watched Asylum. part of the reason i dislike asylum is that they never explain the aliens. or how they brought back people, or why did they get pregnant randomly.

How is Valentino unimportant to the plot? He is responsible for The Countess's amazing transition. He provides a platform to enhance The Countess's emotions.

andy232000
Just now, AmericanHSlave said:

How is Valentio unimportant to the plot? He is responsible for The Countess's amazing transition.

in the modern world he really doesnt fit, thats why he got killed the second he got out. in the past he is important, but now he isnt. like why did they decide for him to get out? obviously thats not a question i really need answered cause its pretty mehh but stuff like that is what i meant. I ship The countess and Dono anyway 

I agree! :applause: 

I thought it was gonna do badly, but I've seen all episodes, watched it more than twice and I think it's shaping to be a good season, better than Coven and Freak Show by miles.

andy232000
1 minute ago, Yves said:

I agree! :applause: 

I thought it was gonna do badly, but I've seen all episodes, watched it more than twice and I think it's shaping to be a good season, better than Coven and Freak Show by miles.

same. i was very unsure of gaga´s acting so i hope for the worse but that woman takes my breathe away! if im not yelling YAAAASS at what she´s wearing my yelling YAAASSS at her screaming or emotional scenes. it is a very decent season compared to freakshow and i have seen some episodes twice as well 

Chris Evans
10 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

The addiction demon is the only thing we know nearly nothing about but he's still there- probably relates to Sarah's character. We've seen addictions with Sarah and all the junkies they kill/ the kids and the white room with games and candy. I don't think it's important to show how all the other kids were taken I personally don't feel the need to see their history. Donovan asked Ramona why he should trust her with killing the Countess that scene of her losing her father was just her explaining how she had nothing left to lose it doesn't go beyond that. Valentino made the Countess who she is and his death was the biggest part of the character arc between Donovan and the Countess we JUST saw before they possibly died. I don't think TCK was supposed to be well hidden it wasn't like the season ended with him being revealed as the killer the season doesn't revolve around him.

How are they supposed to explain the alien thing? Some all knowing researcher would have had to come out of nowhere and explained the entire thing but that's what made asylum so great. When the madness ends why would they continue to push it and look k for answers when they were finally in peace

andy232000
1 minute ago, stfugaga said:

The addiction demon is the only thing we know nearly nothing about but he's still there- probably relates to Sarah's character. We've seen addictions with Sarah and all the junkies they kill/ the kids and the white room with games and candy. I don't think it's important to show how all the other kids were taken I personally don't feel the need to see their history. Donovan asked Ramona why he should trust her with killing the Countess that scene of her losing her father was just her explaining how she had nothing left to lose it doesn't go beyond that. Valentino made the Countess who she is and his death was the biggest part of the character arc between Donovan and the Countess we JUST saw before they possibly died. I don't think TCK was supposed to be well hidden it wasn't like the season ended with him being revealed as the killer the season doesn't revolve around him.

How are they supposed to explain the alien thing? Some all knowing researcher would have had to come out of nowhere and explained the entire thing but that's what made asylum so great. When the madness ends why would they continue to push it and look k for answers when they were finally in peace

its TV, they can explain it however they want. Asylum would´ve been so much better without them if you as me

Bradley
52 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

in the modern world he really doesnt fit, thats why he got killed the second he got out. in the past he is important, but now he isnt. like why did they decide for him to get out? obviously thats not a question i really need answered cause its pretty mehh but stuff like that is what i meant. I ship The countess and Dono anyway 

Why does it matter which era he is in? He is connected directly to The Countess and Tristan themselves so he is definitely important in this season. The fact of him not fitting in the modern society is a reason he is not important to the plot. It's part of his characteristic.

monketsharona

One of my favorite seasons ! 

I love every seasons for very different reasons. What I love in that show is the fact at the end nobody will agree on which season is the best !

Dangerous Man

This season will be truly missed. You might not agree to me but Gaga was sensational during this season. I really liked her acting. I hope she will comeback next season. Her co-stars were obviously great actors too. Perfect cast tbh!

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Archived