💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Lack of Female Asian Pop Stars

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

In the US mainstream music industry, I can't think of there being any female Asian American pop stars. It's kind of odd if you think about it. Are record labels intentionally not signing any Asian women? There are about 18 million Asian Americans and for them to not be represented in the music industry seems unjust. While CL isn't American, I think she may be the greatest chance for an Asian woman making it big in the US music industry. I hope she does make it. 

So what are your thoughts guys?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DiscoHeaven23
Just now, Auro said:

Why? 

Omg i meant does, hahahaha my bad. i love her

changing that now

Just now, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Omg i meant does, hahahaha my bad. i love her

changing that now

Oh lol I was confused, but on topic, It's a really hard industry to get into and many performers have connections to get in, I guess there just haven't been many with the right connections

He/They

Warholian

Probably because they make up, like, 5% of the U.S. population. If we're going only female that'd be like 2.5%...

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

CL is bad-ass. "Hello Bitches" kicks ass.

I loved her work in 2NE1, and I consider 내가 제일 잘 나가 to be an all-time classic

I'd love to see her make a splash in the USA.

You can't ignore your lessons even after you become a star

It's way too early to make any sort of judgement about who she can "compete" with.

2 years from now if she's singing karaoke in Vegas, I'll concede that she couldn't compete.

Way too early (RIDICULOUSLY early) to make any sort of judgement on her prospects.

You can't ignore your lessons even after you become a star

Dangerous Man

So far only Charice among Asian pop girls had a top  10 album in the US, the music industry is kind of racist towards Asian acts rn.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Archived