đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Madonna Overrated?

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

I think Madonna is overrated. The reason I think this is because she is always praised for originality and creativity when in reality many of her looks and music are inspired by other artists before her and from her time (Marylin Monroe, Blondie, Cyndi Lauper, Mj, ect.). People always accused Gaga of copying Madonna, when in reality Gaga was just inspired by her just as Madonna was inspired by others. In Fact, I think I feel that Gaga has been more creative and original in her first 7 years of her career than Madonna was. Not to mention that even though Madonna is a good performer, she not a very good singer (just OK at best).

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LebaneseDude

I don't think she's overrated as an artist.

I do think her originality is.

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

holy scheisse

No

you are too young, most of us are too young, and we will never be able to appreciate her for what she is because we missed her time.

I dont know enough Madonna and her work say if she's overrated or not to be honest. 

Schwerk
4 minutes ago, LebaneseDude said:

I don't think she's overrated as an artist.

I do think her originality is.

This. And I even don't care about originality that much. Madonna had  a hard time being taken seriously in a world dominated by men. Many people still don't take her seriously as a musician since her singing isn't consistent. I love how she just keeps doing her thing despite all this. Not a fan of her anymore, but I admire her discipline and hands on mentality and intelligence.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Bette Davis

Maybe in some ways, but as a cultural phenomenon, no. She has torn down so many boundaries and continues to do so.

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

PartySick
3 minutes ago, Marjol said:

This. And I even don't care about originality that much. Madonna had  a hard time being taken seriously in a world dominated by men. Many people still don't take her seriously as a musician since her singing isn't consistent. I love how she just keeps doing her thing despite all this. Not a fan of her anymore, but I admire her discipline and hands on mentality and intelligence.

^^

I don't really care for the woman. Not only because of the BTW/EY thing but it goes back to feuds she's had with MJ, Janet, and just coming off as a nasty person :green: but you can't watch that video of a crowd of people huddled around her singing Like a Prayer and Imagine and say she's overrated or not loved. Her legacy and icon status can't be denied and to still be at the top of the pop world at nearly 60 she has to be doing something right :yes:

đź–¤

Schwerk

But don't get me started on the whole BTW drama, especially the BTW express yourself mashup at her concert, that was just Madonna craving attention despite Gaga. Kinda pathetic with her history and I feel looking back she might realize it wasn't her finest moment. I hope so. Female artists need to stick together.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived