Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG5 Theory: ARTPOP and The Art of Darkness

Dark Anatomy

Featured Posts

Dark Anatomy

giphy.gif

Many people who follow my threads know that I undoubtedly feel like "Time" is the title of the next album (and I still hold to that). However, until that theory is either confirmed or denied, I have been thinking about other possibilities as to the name and direction of the next album. 

Apart from "Time", I feel as though "The Art of Darkness" is the next album from Lady Gaga, and here is the main reason why:

If you look back on titles past, Gaga has had a very cohesive looking discography (minus BTW), so what if she is going to continue that trend by following "ARTPOP" with "The Art of Darkness"; ALMOST LIKE SHE DID WITH "The Fame" and "The Fame Monster"!!!!???

What if she is trying mirror her first two albums in a new and fresh light? ARTPOP is the equivalent of "The Fame" in the sense that it is more light hearted and fun yet they are different in subject matter and sound. In turn "The Art of Darkness" could be the equivalent of the "The Fame Monster" in terms of mood, grittiness, and relate ability, but differ in vocals, writing, and production. 

She said it herself, "And this record is like—my old self as a cadaver." She is creating a two part world like she did with TF+M. However, this time she's approaching it as a spiritual vessel, and is able to bring forth new things from out of the old. And you know, TIME could be The Art of Darkness!!! Time can make you old, die, mad, sad, happy BECAUSE TIME IS UNAVOIDABLE. 

giphy.gif

Illuminati

She will not have ARTPOP associations in the title, ARTPOP act II was what could have potentially been the TFM of TF 

Bloody

I think that putting the word "art" in her album title would bring some confusion.

I hope we'll see the art through the music itself. ;)

Davidsonary

Time can make you old, die, mad, sad, happy BECAUSE TIME IS UNAVOIDABLE. 

Oh hello. What is this space down here? Where am I?

Dark Anatomy
Just now, Nino said:

ARTPOP is an extremely emotionally deep and often dark album though :awkney: 

Only the subject matter. You could say TF was dark as well. Being murdered by the ones who made you a star, caught between loving someone and fantasizing about the same sex, getting so **** faced you can't even find your keys. Lol. 

To be completely totally 100% honest I think Gaga has no ****ing idea what to do with her next album. Although she has probably already written a couple of killer songs.

Oh, I'm just visiting-

thierryrreiht
7 minutes ago, Resquid said:

To be completely totally 100% honest I think Gaga has no ****ing idea what to do with her next album. Although she has probably already written a couple of killer songs.

I'm sure she has many ideas

but she needs to find the right one and go forward in that specific direction

or mix and match some of her ideas

Sizzily

I think TF+M was just a happenstance. I don't think her career will be filled with these yin-yang type albums. That's what she wanted to do with "Act II" shortly after ARTPOP released and I doubt she wants to do an album so closely tied to it 3 years after the release. I think she's starting a new cycle with LG5.

One Banned Boi

Sizzily
18 minutes ago, Bloody said:

I think that putting the word "art" in her album title would bring some confusion.

I hope we'll see the art through the music itself. ;)

I remember there was some confusion when The Fame Monster released

One Banned Boi

I like your thinking, but I honestly think the next album is going to be a complete departure from her first albums. Maybe not totally sonically, but I think in Gaga's mind it's going to be a completely fresh start. Remember her saying something about Cheek to Cheek being the end of the beginning of her career? I don't think the next album will have any association with anything pre-Cheek to Cheek. I think the "next Gaga" is going to be a totally rejuvenated and reinvented Gaga.

Archived