💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Lady Gaga Being Petty?

PopThatArt

Featured Posts

LoveandMagic
6 hours ago, Iwontell said:

Uh...maybe she's acting human...? Because when people start attacking what you do in the most personal and unfair way it's a natural reaction to withdraw and focus on other stuff that are not as complicated and that make you feel at ease...?

Besides, "blaming" people is kind of a stretch, she was just open about the stuff that happened...but it's hard to say she's blaming people when she defends and stands by what she did...

So, no, she's not being petty, despite so many people (including many so called "fans") being so petty to her...in fact, it's surprising how she kept on working! She literally didn't stop: from ARTPOP she went on a tour, immediately dropped Cheek to Cheek, then started working for the awards season, toured with Tony Bennet, started shooting AHS, is now working on new music...so how did she "stop"?

6 hours ago, LebaneseDude said:

You're making the false assumption that her life is her music business.

In fact, Gaga did not want anything to do with the work because the music business was getting in the way of her life. The ARTPOP era wasn't a mess because of the music, as Applause and the hype around Do What You Want attest to. It was, again, because of the music business.

Considering what happened to her, I don't think she was petty for ditching the people who were only interested in the music business and not the music itself. She was in a really bad place.

Now that she's back in it for the music, she's got nothing to hide nor run away from and this time the music business will serve her and not the other way around.

She wasn't petty. She liberated herself. 

:applause::applause::applause:

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Chump said:

It was received well because that was Gaga's lead single and had a good promo. If Applause was not Gaga's song, it would not even get in top 50 of h100, it's just not relatable

:toofunny: sure, bunch of radio interviews, 1 award show performance, good morning america and a TV special performance. if you call this a good promo for a lead single after a long blackout then i don't know what a bad one would be.

Specially after Troy left things went downhill big times.

giskardsb

The OP is attributing attributes to Gaga that are largely a fiction invented by this fanbase misreading her actions and not understanding the difference between the music business and the music itself. 

It's petty of you to ask this question and to blame Gaga. Even if you are a popular and beloved artist, it is all a gamble when you are releasing your new material. One makes plans and things do not always go as uniform as your wishes. Gaga handled herself quite well and has accepted the right help and has built herself back up and has appeared to do so in a respectable and hard working way. Do not try to back step on her progress with a low blow to her reputation.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

bionic

TBH if I were in her situation I'd be pressed af too. Imagine working on a project for 2 years and then it begins to fall apart because one of your major rivals happens to be releasing their song slightly after you, then your management team falls apart, then your mental health deteriorates, all whilst you're not really receiving full support from your record label.

I'd be destroyed and would definitely point fingers.

buy bionic

Born Brave

I still believe that Gaga wanted nothing to do with ARTPOP after things went down with Troy.. The APP, the concept, most all of it was Troy's vision. 

"That hasn't quite come to pass, but Carter is heavily involved in the decision tomake Gaga's ARTPOP album available as an app as well as a traditional album when it comes out on 11 November.

Described earlier this year as "a musical and visual engineering system that combines art, fashion, and technology with a new interactive worldwide community", the ARTPOP app has since been described by Gaga as more of "an interactive jewel case" for her album, dampening down some of the hype around it." http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/24/troy-carter-startups-fund-lady-gaga

I think after all the betrayals, the music, the material, everything was DEAD with ARTPOP for her. It was hollow. I think she pretty much confirmed it when she recently spoke of ARTPOP in the billboard WOTY interview. 

"You can’t sell your soul once you make it. It’s a big mistake to just go after the money to try to stay on top. I think that’s what everyone wanted me to do. But I’m a different kind of girl, and when being different is not in style it’s hard for me to function. People think, ‘You can just sit down at a piano whenever you want and write,’ but I couldn’t write for two f---ing years. For ARTPOP, I was doing beats instead. I didn’t want to be near that damn [piano]. It was too emotional. I would start to play and sing, and my mind would go, ‘You are way too talented for this ****. F---, your voice sounds good. F---, that’s a beautiful chord. F---, that’s an amazing lyric. Why are you letting these people run you into the ground? When did you become the fashionable robot?’ Can’t being an artist be enough? Is talent ever the thing? 

Personally I think it's time to accept the fact that Gaga is acknowledging the failure the whole album was. It never had direction. She didn't know what to do with it. She didn't want to do anything with it. ARTPOP was the commercial album that Interscope wanted since Born This Way was experimental- they wanted to compete with Katy head to head and it cost them but most importantly it cost Gaga her sense of individuality and her ability to recognize herself as creative and artistic, the irony, ARTPOP cost Gaga her artistry and she sacrificed it because she had no choice. "**** you pop music, this is ARTPOP". 

giskardsb

There is no reason to believe Gaga hates the music that she made in ARTPOP.  Sure she didn't like the business environment around it but ARTPOP haters need to quit trying to put Gaga "on their side" and claiming she doesn't like the album itself. 

Born To Slay
2 hours ago, Assarrai said:

:toofunny: sure, bunch of radio interviews, 1 award show performance, good morning america and a TV special performance. if you call this a good promo for a lead single after a long blackout then i don't know what a bad one would be.

Specially after Troy left things went downhill big times.

Go ask the Britney Stans. Her last album wasn't given a single promo performance.

2 hours ago, giskardsb said:

The OP is attributing attributes to Gaga that are largely a fiction invented by this fanbase misreading her actions and not understanding the difference between the music business and the music itself. 

Exactly.  The music business is all about money, and only about money.  The music business does not care at all about what is good music or bad music, as long as it sells.  Gaga only want's to get her art out there as an expression of herself and her creativity.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Reality

She's not acting petty at all. Sometimes people forget that Lady Gaga is an artistmeaning that she makes whatever she wants to make, and our reactions are just secondary. It doesn't do Gaga, or any other artist, if they don't like the music they put out. Gaga like ARTPOP, that's why it was her next album; however, it just didn't meet up with the expectations people have set for themselves. 

People were attacking her and her art, so all she's doing is defending it. She's not blaming anyone, we, the audience, just happened to not like it as much as some of her previous work. 

🃏🖤👹

ARTPOPdidntflop

It's not that she's been petty, it's just that she loathes reality. For example, those nurses, they're wearing next season Calvin Klein

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

eifulien
2 hours ago, Justinn said:

I still believe that Gaga wanted nothing to do with ARTPOP after things went down with Troy.. The APP, the concept, most all of it was Troy's vision. 

"That hasn't quite come to pass, but Carter is heavily involved in the decision tomake Gaga's ARTPOP album available as an app as well as a traditional album when it comes out on 11 November.

Described earlier this year as "a musical and visual engineering system that combines art, fashion, and technology with a new interactive worldwide community", the ARTPOP app has since been described by Gaga as more of "an interactive jewel case" for her album, dampening down some of the hype around it." http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/24/troy-carter-startups-fund-lady-gaga

I think after all the betrayals, the music, the material, everything was DEAD with ARTPOP for her. It was hollow. I think she pretty much confirmed it when she recently spoke of ARTPOP in the billboard WOTY interview. 

"You can’t sell your soul once you make it. It’s a big mistake to just go after the money to try to stay on top. I think that’s what everyone wanted me to do. But I’m a different kind of girl, and when being different is not in style it’s hard for me to function. People think, ‘You can just sit down at a piano whenever you want and write,’ but I couldn’t write for two f---ing years. For ARTPOP, I was doing beats instead. I didn’t want to be near that damn [piano]. It was too emotional. I would start to play and sing, and my mind would go, ‘You are way too talented for this ****. F---, your voice sounds good. F---, that’s a beautiful chord. F---, that’s an amazing lyric. Why are you letting these people run you into the ground? When did you become the fashionable robot?’ Can’t being an artist be enough? Is talent ever the thing? 

Personally I think it's time to accept the fact that Gaga is acknowledging the failure the whole album was. It never had direction. She didn't know what to do with it. She didn't want to do anything with it. ARTPOP was the commercial album that Interscope wanted since Born This Way was experimental- they wanted to compete with Katy head to head and it cost them but most importantly it cost Gaga her sense of individuality and her ability to recognize herself as creative and artistic, the irony, ARTPOP cost Gaga her artistry and she sacrificed it because she had no choice. "**** you pop music, this is ARTPOP". 

:duck: You just climbed up there among the top of biggest misinterpretation of ARTPOP. I'm a person that respects people's opinion, and there are plenty of people around that dislike the album and they have their reasons, and it is fine. But you sound absurd! 

I definitely agree that, at the end of the day, too many things were envisioned for ARTPOP, so it got confusing and messed up. But let's draw a clear line between the music and the era. Stop pretending that ARTPOP of 2012 was a masterpiece that we never got and suddenly it was transformed into a trashy electronic album because she was forced to. She has always said that it is intentionally immature, also stated that it is a celebration, it is like a night at a club, etc. The visuals we got were also quite interesting. Full of art references, they assisted the music to create the ARTPOP. So it is a frenzy of colours and heavy beats. She celebrated her obsession and passion of transformation and creation, of how technology, music, pop culture and art "collide" into her and ultimately make her the contemporary artist she is. 

For the gp and even some of her fans it was too much to swallow maybe, and when you add to that the pressures from mismanagement and all that happened behind the scenes, and there we have it - the ARTPOP era.

On the OP: enough was said by fellow members, she is definitely not petty. I think the outcry was a consequence of the fact she was really hurt by the whole situation. She was really passionate, as she always is, about the message of ARTPOP and I assume she didn't quite expect the lukewarm reception. So I can't blame her for trying to clarify things around it. It is better to acknowledge it instead of pretending nothing ever happened. 

CannaeDrive

What kind of a useless thread and a senseless question coming from a confused mind.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Archived