Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Lady Gaga Being Petty?

PopThatArt

Featured Posts

PopThatArt

Do you think Lady Gaga is acting kind of petty when it comes to music? If the music isn't met with applause all over the place, Gaga doesn't want to have anything to do with the work and starts in a way blaming people for why it's not performing well. Or in recent cases, she just stops focusing on music all together. What do you think of this behavior? 

Go see A Star is Born

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss

Its not that she's petty. I think it's because she was so excited about the music of ARTPOP for example and hyped it up. But it was like everybody else was killing her buzz because they didn't have the same enthusiasm as her. And when she's been so successful before and had people singing her praises, I think she wants that back. 

Iwontell

Uh...maybe she's acting human...? Because when people start attacking what you do in the most personal and unfair way it's a natural reaction to withdraw and focus on other stuff that are not as complicated and that make you feel at ease...?

Besides, "blaming" people is kind of a stretch, she was just open about the stuff that happened...but it's hard to say she's blaming people when she defends and stands by what she did...

So, no, she's not being petty, despite so many people (including many so called "fans") being so petty to her...in fact, it's surprising how she kept on working! She literally didn't stop: from ARTPOP she went on a tour, immediately dropped Cheek to Cheek, then started working for the awards season, toured with Tony Bennet, started shooting AHS, is now working on new music...so how did she "stop"?

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Dangerous Man

No, but this thread is. 

Spoiler

:bye:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

5 minutes ago, Gypsygaga1 said:

She never blamed anyone:bye:

Didn't she blame half the music industry directly (including BB and Katheryn) when Applause didn't do well, instead of just coping with the fact that it was a poor choice for a lead single? :gaycat:

it wasn't laaaahv

LebaneseDude

You're making the false assumption that her life is her music business.

In fact, Gaga did not want anything to do with the work because the music business was getting in the way of her life. The ARTPOP era wasn't a mess because of the music, as Applause and the hype around Do What You Want attest to. It was, again, because of the music business.

Considering what happened to her, I don't think she was petty for ditching the people who were only interested in the music business and not the music itself. She was in a really bad place.

Now that she's back in it for the music, she's got nothing to hide nor run away from and this time the music business will serve her and not the other way around.

She wasn't petty. She liberated herself. 

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

Gypsygaga1
1 minute ago, ****Eliza said:

Didn't she blame half the music industry directly (including BB and Katheryn) when Applause didn't do well, instead of just coping with the fact that it was a poor choice for a lead single? :gaycat:

Never heard of "BB and Katheryn":laughga:

Perfect Ilusion

LebaneseDude
1 minute ago, ****Eliza said:

I fail to see how it was a poor choice. It was well received.

ARTPOPNick

I was like: why is everyone saying "no".. Then I realised the question was "Is lady gaga being petty, instead of pretty"

Just now, LebaneseDude said:

I fail to see how it was a poor choice. It was well received.

She was clearly expecting a number #1 with it, she didn't go on a full meltdown mode on for nothing. :flower:

It was well received but not as well received (hint Hot100 #1) as she wanted it to be.

Don't you think that there were better lead single choices in the album?

it wasn't laaaahv

LebaneseDude
Just now, ****Eliza said:

She was clearly expecting a number #1 with it, she didn't go on a full meltdown mode on for nothing. :flower:

It was well received but not as well received (hint Hot100 #1) as she wanted it to be.

Don't you think that there were better lead single choices in the album?

Who can say really. 

1 minute ago, LebaneseDude said:

Who can say really. 

This is actually pretty accurate except for DWUW, that one would have smashed for sure.

it wasn't laaaahv

Archived