đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

New Golden Globes rule

Wixson

Featured Posts

Apparently, 'Til It Happens To You' CAN'T be nominated for Best Original Song at the Golden Globe Awards. 

Kristopher Tapley "...whose film awards blog In Contention is a must-read in Hollywood." has recently tweeted that "Songs from docs aren't eligible." at the GG, following a recent rule change. However, I haven't found ANYTHING about this ANYWHERE else.

https://twitter.com/kristapley/status/672957438371495936 (He's usually a trusted source when it comes to the movie world/award season)

These are the current rules from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association regarding the Best Original Song category: 

a. Words and music, both of which are original and written specifically for the motion picture. All qualifying songs from a motion picture must be submitted.

b. The Original Song Award is given to the accredited songwriter(s) for the winning song

c. Qualifying songs written specifically for the motion picture may be released separately (e.g. as part of the movie soundtrack) prior to the release of the motion picture.

Kinda confusing. I was looking forward to this because Gaga has a fair shot of being a double Golden Globe nominee this year, and I don't think we're gonna have a chance to see that happening again anytime soon. I guess we'll have to wait till Thursday or for an official statement HFPA statement/updated "award consideration rules."

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's pretty dumb if so

They should make a 'Best Documentary Song' category though so she can take it effortlessly :green:

Duella Dvil
1 minute ago, Harry said:

That's pretty dumb if so

They should make a 'Best Documentary Song' category though so she can take it effortlessly :green:

best song with a message teas :green:

www.instagram.com/theduella666

15 minutes ago, GloZell Green said:

But this doesn't make sense, isn't that what the award is for

That's what I've been wondering too. Documentaries are motion pictures as well. :rip: All I know is that people have started talking about it on movie-related sites. Nothing confirmed so far though.

3 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

can she get nominated for AHS? or is there like, a deadline she missed?

Yes, she can

andy232000
Just now, Chump said:

Yes, she can

im guessing GG are like the oscars, they dont have a deadline untill the year ends?

10 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

im guessing GG are like the oscars, they dont have a deadline untill the year ends?

It's until november, so AHS is in

Archived