Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gwen Stefani's new era is slayage

Fiona Apple

Featured Posts

Fiona Apple

I am personally very excited about her making a personal album :wub: I was really dissapointed when she tried to make a comeback with songs that she didn't even write (and didn't work) and I think that the break up music will be amazing. People are here for that music too. After the Voice performance in Monday the song is now in the top 3 in the US (Used To Love You) which is incredible tbh and the performance was just beautiful.She also looks very happy in the new interviews! Is anyone else stanning for that era?

Kabexuela

I really like Baby Don't Lie.  Very catchy tune with catchy accents.  A shame it didn't blow up like it deserved to.  That awful follow-up single did better.  A shame.  Hope she bounces back that would be great!  I wore out the Love.Angel.Music.Baby album to death.

Fiona Apple
Just now, Kabexuela said:

I really like Baby Don't Lie.  Very catchy tune with catchy accents.  A shame it didn't blow up like it deserved to.  That awful follow-up single did better.  A shame.  Hope she bounces back that would be great!  I wore out the Love.Angel.Music.Baby album to death.

Yeah I love Baby Don't Lie a lot! But that album wouldn't really work. Spark The Fire (which actually flopped a lot worse than Baby Don't Lie) was a failed attempt to make a Hollaback Girl 2.0..  Now she is much more true to herself.

holy scheisse
3 minutes ago, CurlyBae said:

Yeah I love Baby Don't Lie a lot! But that album wouldn't really work. Spark The Fire (which actually flopped a lot worse than Baby Don't Lie) was a failed attempt to make a Hollaback Girl 2.0..  Now she is much more true to herself.

making a song that sounded like one of her old songs isnt being true to herself?

seems a bit contradictory

but anyway i LOVE GWEN!!! Baby dont lie is excellent, so is her new Jam. and No Doubt is flawless too, even their most recent and least successful album!!

Fiona Apple
1 minute ago, holyscheisse said:

making a song that sounded like one of her old songs isnt being true to herself?

seems a bit contradictory

but anyway i LOVE GWEN!!! Baby dont lie is excellent, so is her new Jam. and No Doubt is flawless too, even their most recent and least successful album!!

I think that she was trying just to comeback. She said recently that she didn't feel true to herself with those songs.That's why she scrapped that album

Love Gwen. I did actually like BDL but it wasn't comeback material. STF was awful. Used To Love You is a step up from those and I love it, but I still don't think it's L.A.M.B level. I really hope it can become a hit for her but radio are kinda paying it dust, even though it's now so high on iTunes. Sadly it ain't easy for a 46 year old woman to succeed in pop but I hope she can battle past the ageism and have a good era!

Fiona Apple
8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Love Gwen. I did actually like BDL but it wasn't comeback material. STF was awful. Used To Love You is a step up from those and I love it, but I still don't think it's L.A.M.B level. I really hope it can become a hit for her but radio are kinda paying it dust, even though it's now so high on iTunes. Sadly it ain't easy for a 46 year old woman to succeed in pop but I hope she can battle past the ageism and have a good era!

It's #24 on the pop radio atm I think. Not bad. It's probably because it was out of the itunes top 50 til last week

1 minute ago, CurlyBae said:

It's #24 on the pop radio atm I think. Not bad. It's probably because it was out of the itunes top 50 til last week

Still been getting small updates over the past few days when it's been higher. Not bad but it's not good.

She's performing on Fallon tonight anyway so hopefully that will boost the song a little further.

Fiona Apple
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Still been getting small updates over the past few days when it's been higher. Not bad but it's not good.

She's performing on Fallon tonight anyway so hopefully that will boost the song a little further.

she is? Omg go for that #1 spot

1 minute ago, CurlyBae said:

she is? Omg go for that #1 spot

Yeah, they're going in with the promo for this song. And the boosts it has received after each performance shows that people like the song but she can't keep performing it forever, radio needs to hop on so the sales can be sustained. I really hope they do cos it's a great song and we might finally get the album sooner if this song blows up.

Fiona Apple
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yeah, they're going in with the promo for this song. And the boosts it has received after each performance shows that people like the song but she can't keep performing it forever, radio needs to hop on so the sales can be sustained. I really hope they do cos it's a great song and we might finally get the album sooner if this song blows up.

Yeah hopefully the radio plays the song more .

On 3.12.2015, 19:03:59, CurlyBae said:

I am personally very excited about her making a personal album :wub: I was really dissapointed when she tried to make a comeback with songs that she didn't even write (and didn't work) and I think that the break up music will be amazing. People are here for that music too. After the Voice performance in Monday the song is now in the top 3 in the US (Used To Love You) which is incredible tbh and the performance was just beautiful.She also looks very happy in the new interviews! Is anyone else stanning for that era?

Huuu ? Gwen Stefani used profesional singer songwriters for Used To Love You. On the singles before she wrote much more, it was just she and the producer. Now she has just more profesional help, it's a whole bunch of pure songwriters.

Yes, I'm really in love with that song! I remember when I first heard it as she debuted it at a gig, it was emotional. I actually relate more to this song than Hello. :giveup:

Some of them want to abuse you, some of them want be abused.

Archived